[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

2 hours ago, DeanYuri said:

This is a trash move DE. Nerfed all the useful rivens ( Which by the way no one asked for in the first place). I played with Panthera which didn't need the nerf, go ahead and nerf the melee and while you are in nerf year 2018 you can also nerf the movement speed. Let us play in slowmotion. I bet those "2 mil registered loosers" would love that.

At least give me the Kuva back.

Wow the salt dude...the salt...

No need to call anyone loosers

• Upvote 3

Yay... Glad to see my penta and akvasto get bumped but seriously the thought of a riven making bad weapons good really isn't worth the effort than just putting 2 or 3 forma on a "meta" weapon in my opinion conpared to 5 on kraken(pistol) knuckles. Just a cheap way of "improving" weapons just like raids... Oh wait

Edit: typical DE for introducing a system left untouched for X amount of time only to wait until thee worst time to do this. Oh well glad I didn't spend more than 2k for most of these weapons even the 5k I wanted for my personal Sigma & Octantis riven since melee 3.0 will be going the way of the trials "return at a later date" :/ 

Edited by (XB1)D3L7A Z7R1K3
Added a new reason to my previous post

Id be ok with scrapping the whole riven system tbh. I have 90 slots and 88 current rivens... I believe Rivens are cancer and would like DE to remove them from the game. Just add more mods, more customization. 

Melee definitely doesn't need rivens. Condition Overload, acolyte mods, and gladiator mods insure that any melee can be viable and/or end game.

Melee just doesn't need rivens. I love my gram riven and my mewan, guandoa, and fragor rivens... But their not needed. Just my opinion.

43 minutes ago, philsillius said:

Ofcourse DE is not responsible for the platinum price players put on rivens, But how these rivens affect the weapons makes it so enticing for players to pay the price. DE has to realize (and I'm sure they do) that whatever they do with one aspect of the game will affect other aspects.The responsibility i believe should be shared between the players and DE. They've done as much if you remember that time someone spent 200$? to roll for something about a kubrow and DE stepped in to prevent this. Well the riven is technically another slot machine where you can buy out the jackpot for a hefty price. The player should be responsible enough not to spend too much on the game (although they are free to do so) and DE should be responsible to not let the prices go out of control.

What about people who put in the time to unveil a weapon riven they want and a roll they like for the weapon? Why does the META affect them. What if they just like the weapon that just so happens to be a META weapon. Theyre META/popular for a reason.

I think its good that DE wants players to try the other weapons but the riven system and how it's buffed and nerfed kind of forces players to switch instead of gently nudging them to try. If they really want to promote the use of other weapons (non-META weapons) then do something with the weapons themselves. Change the stats(lazy fix but still effective), add mechanics (makes it interesting) , sometimes a cool looking skin (fashion frame is real) is even enough. The RIVEN could be the end game boost for players who have put in enough time in the game to be in end game (endurance runs, sorties, arbitration, eidolons).Kind of like the final oomph to get you and your weapons to another level.

I really like the Arca Plasmor, a pump shotgun, railgun, no aim needed, aoe, punch through. So i got real happy when i got a riven for it. and even happier when i got a nice roll for it (its not godly but its nice +dmg +cc but - status duration). but now because its META, it got nerfed. its sill viable and i'll most likely move on and keep using the weapon cause there's nothing quite like it, but at the moment (at least), it feels like the time i put in was wasted.

Rivens are cancer. Scrap the system

2 hours ago, C9Mirajane said:

I've literally been sitting in a chair for over an hour now jumping around in my ship. Do I sell my rivens for 5p or turn them into endo...

Endo it is.... 

First of all I do agree there should be some rebalances but it should not have to involve the rivens at all.

Since the Mirage-Simulor nerf I have not seen a player who was using the Simulor now you have raised its stat from 0.5 -> 0.7. If we take a look at what other weapons stands on 0.7 after the update we can see that the Ignis has that too and only one weapon the Soma has a lower one so technically both the Ignis and the Simulor stands as "2nd most used primary rifle".
Which makes no sense if I see an Ignis every 2-3rd game while I have not seen a Simulor in like 5 month.

Also an other point releasing weapons like the newest Rubico prime or the free Twitch Prime Vectis prime will make that a lot of users will get the hands on a new weapon and they are going to use it at least for testing/maxing it out for the Mastery while other weapons that has been returned to the Primed Vault like Spira Prime (almost a year ago) will probably see less usage as not all the players can get the hands on them.

Each weapon is kind of map dependent snipers better suit the open world areas and they deal high single target dmg but against hordes of Infested it's not he best.
So there is a lot of factor which weapon is used more I remember when I used the Boltor Prime on every single mission then came the Tonkor (without self dmg) so I have not used the Boltor since then and when I have checked it it had -1 capacity because the Cryo Round mod drain was raised from 9 to 11 and that was a long time ago.

Last but not least do not remove the Sentinel rivens just make it like a Legendary core rare category (also with Artax and Multron rivens added to the pool).

• Upvote 3

Disposition tweaks. This piles onto a chaotic process to get rivens, to roll them into something one likes for the weapons one wants to one were tomorrow all of it can be blown sky-high. It's a process only a gambling addict would love. Everybody goes nuts for the next 'god tier' weapon and riven. A million sheep bleating for their feed.

Please rework rivens entirely.  Kuva farming and riven re-rolling is now about as fun to do as filing taxes only with less confidence of a return. Any number of games have moved away from a strict RNG rolling system to one where certain modifiers can be locked in for a price and/or trade off. 

First make a riven system where somebody can devote love to a favored weapon and improve it (call it something.. mastery perhaps). Allow people to methodically work towards a goal and to move on as other weapons take their fancy.

Maybe mark it/add to one based on the veteran status of the weapon itself. Once a weapon is maxed and a bunch of forma, not much else happens with it (outside of use).

With rivens maybe they could grind undesired into desired riven modifiers or their stats rather than a complete betting the house on something.

If you value usage diversity, it also has to be structured so an arsenal can be worked on.

Right now everyone makes a b-line one or two weapons and everything else languishes, with predictable reactions from you (DE). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Disposition base on popularity is counterintuitive. I got a powerful riven but i am now scare to use it. Because more i used it the weaker it will get( exaggeration)

Just tied Disposition to MR. Make MR 1-4 dispo 5, MR 5-8 dispo 4 and so forth. This way everything is set and transparent and no one will cry over nerf.

A bunch of us wanted rivens to get changed but not like this... How about you give us a way to lock in stats, so rather than relying on an absurdly stupid rng, we can reliably make good rivens ourselves? If I could pay 100k kuva to lock in a stat on a riven (crit chance, multi, damage, status chance, etc.) I would do so in a heart beat. Instead we get this change, which nerfs a lot of stuff many of us invested in. Btw, its real nice that you spared kohm and detron because people had 100% status rivens, but I had a status Euphona, so doesn't help me. As a riven collector, with maxed riven slots and a huge collection, I am NOT happy with this. Rubico Prime just came out this cycle, and already its riven is nerfed, why the heck would you give it those stats if you're going to nerf it immediately? And Pandero really was so OP it needed a nerf? Come on with that.

On a positive note, thanks for the Fortuna update, looking forward to sinking my teeth in! I just wish I didn't have these riven changes leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

EDIT: Where is the boltor on this list btw? You wanna buff a few rivens fine, but pls lay off the nerfs, or actually take steps to lower the price of rivens (I watched god-roll rubico rivens sell for over 10k plat recently).

Edited by Valkyr-Umbra
  • Upvote 2

I am curious what will become of Sentinel weapon rivens. The new mods for each of the sentinels have been cool and I'm still getting around to using them and maybe the rivens for these weapons can be phased out into a new mod for the weapons. 

Looking towards melee 3.0 and eventually Riven mods for melee I have a suggestion. Waiting until 3.0 has been out for a time may be a good choice. Personally, I use three unique weapons: the Zenistar, Sheev, and two variations of the Plague Kripath. The Kripath and Zenistar are more meta weapons and in many higher level activities I feel the need for strong weapons. It is my hope that melee 3.0 will bring a lot of  the weapon classes into a good place so I can mess around with different weapons and not feel at a disadvantage. If melee 3.0 does shift the balance it may be better not to adjust their rivens until the usage of weapons shift a bit. 

Would love to take single and double swords into a fight and style on people. 😄 You guys are awesome by the way, can't wait for Fortuna's release on console... 

Almost every weapon on the list was nerfed.  So you're telling me all weapons are popular?  That would have to be the case if I'm to believe the intent of the riven disposition system.  Yeah ok.

• Haha 3

I do agree with many posters that riven rebalancing should occur more often.

Either every 90 days, say when a new prime frame is released, or best: automatically. We do live in the age of Machine Learning after all...

• Like 2

So now no newcomers will ever know the glory of Vulklok rivens? 

This is a tragedy that far eclipses the clamoring of any peasants over their daily riven-rolling struggles and balance-ideal griping. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, VanDisaster said:

Please don't throw out sentinel rivens entirely - lower the roll chance if you like but no they weren't a massive disappointment.

I certainly hated getting them from Sorties, but if they were put elsewhere in the loot pool, I'd probably hunt them here and there. Wouldn't mind getting a Sweeper riven, you know?

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Kayokak said:

I am curious what will become of Sentinel weapon rivens. The new mods for each of the sentinels have been cool and I'm still getting around to using them and maybe the rivens for these weapons can be phased out into a new mod for the weapons. 

Looking towards melee 3.0 and eventually Riven mods for melee I have a suggestion. Waiting until 3.0 has been out for a time may be a good choice. Personally, I use three unique weapons: the Zenistar, Sheev, and two variations of the Plague Kripath. The Kripath and Zenistar are more meta weapons and in many higher level activities I feel the need for strong weapons. It is my hope that melee 3.0 will bring a lot of  the weapon classes into a good place so I can mess around with different weapons and not feel at a disadvantage. If melee 3.0 does shift the balance it may be better not to adjust their rivens until the usage of weapons shift a bit. 

Would love to take single and double swords into a fight and style on people. 😄 You guys are awesome by the way, can't wait for Fortuna's release on console... 

Dual ether, dark split, and ether dagers are endgame without rivens. 

Sentinel rivens = endo

RIP sentinel rivens = more platino or dolars

Excellent business

Edited by Basozelai
  • Upvote 2

re: Discontinuation of Sentinel Riven Mods

My initial reaction was that this is a terrible idea with a terrible justification.

Really is unveiling a sentinel riven any more disappointing than getting a kraken riven? and yet nothing is said about that...

plus there are a great many players who actually enjoy arming their sentinels and invest heavily into their weapons.

However

after giving this some thought, and investing half my plat into buying up sentinel mods for resell in 6 months.

I have to say, this is a great idea and I support DE's decision completely.

p.s.

anyone want to buy a groll Deconstructor riven? damage, status chance, status duration -combo dur. 40k plat

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Brodh said:

Kohm nerfs would be a burn jita situation tbh

Considering the weapon is literally broken via damage 'locking', no, no it would not. Balance broken and actually broken (both in the weapon's favor)

Considering the detron/brakk balance and possibility of a brakk wraith in the future, I can see a lock there, but the kohm is hee haw broken in the literal sense, with or without doubling the damage via status.

k really tho, if the purpose of rivens and disposition, is the encourage the use of overlooked and unpopular weapons.

I can *sorta* see how excluding Sentinels might make sense given how small the pool of Sentinel weapons is.

Makes more sense for DE to directly rebalance their base stats if needed. (hint DE)

of course, that was Not the explanation they gave as to their reasoning. it makes sense, but of course DE Logic was used instead

so melee is untouched?

(also...pls buff semi-autos. ppl use them bc theyre fun, not bc theyre good. -latron prime is my bb)

Edited by awave

3 hours ago, (XB1)Dothmaen said:

Why the did the panthera get a nerf? I really like using that gun but it is 100% bad. I just lost a lot of consistency in my multishot and some reload speed (and damage but oh well). I dont see why this gun had to take a hit. I was proud of the riven i unlocked and rolled myself but its definitely going to feel less quality off of that small nerf.

really simple. population use + synthetic rivens, which is kind of the heart of the problem, Nerfs seemed to have been made based the fanciful notion that every riven present in a particular build is 100% optimal and composed of maxed stats and harmless neg.

if only.

• Like 1