[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

9 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Many of you have mentioned the Kohm as well as Detron - These weapons were marked for a reduction, but we opted not to change them, because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

.....Except, literally EVERYONE knew what they were risking when they bought those temporary, 3+ 1- Kohm Rivens with Status Chance. Everyone.

If anything, this is sending the wrong message out: "Rivens can and will Change and Shift......except for the ULTRA-META Riven Class. Don't worry, we won't touch YOUR precious babies you so idiotically dropped literally $500+ in Plat on."

Guys. Just drop them. Either EVERY Riven is affected, or NO Riven is affected. We all paid the price for Rivens (but only SOME of us get to pay for it, apparently)

EDIT: Also, this only PUSHES Kohm Rivens and their obscene prices even more.

"That's right! Not only will this Riven make your weapon ungodly broken, but DE themselves FEAR changing it and its Disposition too! HA HA HAAAA!!! We shall remain the Top of the Market, Forever!!! And our stupidly high prices can ONLY GO HIGHER!!!!"

"Kohm! The Untouchable Rivens!!!"

Edited by Tangent-Valley
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Aeon- said:

Euphona...my baby...my only reliable weapon.

if by reliable you mean

then yes

Spent about 1k plat for my Tiberon and Arca Plasmor rivens (unrolled). And I've spent the past few months farming kuva to get a perfect roll.

All those plat and hours farming kuva went down the drain. Hurts so bad.. 😞

Edited by JawNuts
  • Upvote 3

My Arca Plasmor riven build was pure 100% status: radiation corrosive cold build. The pip Riven change literally doubled the amount of required shots to kill enemies for me.

Rivens were a terribly implemented idea, dispositions are a joke. All the time, platinum payed, all the kuva collected, to get that perfect riven now gone down the drain. What a waste.

• Upvote 3

Terrible changes. I have more than 40 Lanka/Rubico/Vectis/Arca Plasmor/Pyrana/Tiberon Rivens I use myself after spending over 1000 hours to farm Kuva to reroll them and buy them from the market with tens of thousands of Platinum. Now they are all hit across the board hard. Why can't DE just change the stats of newly unveiled Rivens and how their stats will be as they are rerolled? Why decrease the stats of existing Rivens across the board? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kronos_Slayer001 said:

My Arca Plasmor riven build was pure 100% status: radiation corrosive cold build. The pip Riven change literally doubled the amount of required shots to kill enemies for me.

Rivens were a terribly implemented idea, dispositions are a joke. All the time, platinum payed, all the kuva collected, to get that perfect riven now gone down the drain. What a waste.

Oh, but don't worry. They'll waste your time and effort, but not the "Kohm Crowd's". They wouldn't want to hurt those precious ones feelings.

• Upvote 4

This was a terrible move, you don't go in and mass lower the value of items that you yourself have made worth real money. This will make people go to a not happy place for some time now, which is why they pulled it during the expansion in hopes it will mitigate its damage.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

.....Except, literally EVERYONE knew what they were risking when they bought those temporary, 3+ 1- Kohm Rivens with Status Chance. Everyone.

If anything, this is sending the wrong message out: "Rivens can and will Change and Shift......except for the ULTRA-META Riven Class. Don't worry, we won't touch YOUR precious babies you so idiotically dropped literally $500+ in Plat on."

Guys. Just drop them. Either EVERY Riven is affected, or NO Riven is affected. We all paid the price for Rivens (but only SOME of us get to pay for it, apparently)

"That's right! Not only will this Riven make your weapon ungodly broken, but DE themselves FEAR changing it and its Disposition too! HA HA HAAAA!!! We shall remain the Top of the Market, Forever!!! And our stupidly high prices can ONLY GO HIGHER!!!!"

There is no excuse for that. Either its everything or nothing there should not be a class that's "too big to fail". The other problem with these changes are still that they didn't raise any weapons to usefulness, just made many of them worse for no real good reason.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Oh, but don't worry. They'll waste your time and effort, but not the "Kohm Crowd's". They wouldn't want to hurt those precious ones feelings.

I actually own 3 kohm 120+ % status rivens too, and tbh I could care less at this point if they get nerfed too. My favoured Lanka Rubico Plasmor Tiberon rivens got destroyed, why not the kohm too? I'm disappointed, in my self mostly, for the time wasted on collecting items that were subject to such treatment.

Just now, Sishan said:

The other problem with these changes are still that they didn't raise any weapons to usefulness

Actually, I believe that's because they're only going a maximum of .2 (roughly 20% I think?) at a time. Simulor is trying to drag itself back up, but can only do so one little pip at a time.

(So, I guess that means, go through the list and find every number that went up by exactly .2, and start hoarding and investing in those so you can sell as they climb up.......huh, like stocks in a way.)

4 hours ago, (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX said:

I normally like how DE handles the game, but not this time.

1st, im well aware rivens are not required on good weapons. But when you get good rivens for them only to see them nerfed after hours upon hours of kuva farming (no DE, kuva farming is NOT FUN) I got why people would be angry.

2nd, while we were warned that disposition changes were a thing we were not warned about our existing rivens being messed with. This in particular annoys people because rivens are an investment, time and kuva or plat. it's quite aggravating to see your work slowly wither away and die!

3ed, this system dose not make bad weapons good if their stats are carp. Even if you get 100% status on a 5% weapon its still only 10%. This system is flawed by design in that regard and dose not serve its porpous to make weaker weapons more appealing.

(If rivens modified the weapons base stats before other mods and were rebalanced for this I think it would actually work. give them their own slot like arcanes and there you go. MR lock the slot based on the weapon. maybe +4 Mr above the weapons base capping out at 20 MR. Also tie the stat ranges to a system with 3 tiers, overused no bonus, used a 1.5 bonus, and underused a 2.0 bonus. It's quick, clean, and you cause way less crazyness)

4th, you took way to long to update this. If rivens were constantly fluctuating then people wouldn't be pissed that the 50+ rolled opticor riven they worked their arse off for is weaker now... Just after getting it. This needs to be a constant thing or it needs to go completely.

Rivens were a poorly implimented concept as is. Nowhere near as bad as vivergate, that was complete BS on steroids, from what i hear. but as it is now the system needs work to even fulfill its intended porpous.

I did post prior but that was venting. This is pointing out the problems. And why their problems.

I totally agree with your points. The nerfs are across the board and make the best and our favorite Rivens/weapons builds worse, and bad weapons are actually not benefited from the buffs much either! Why can't the existing Rivens be kept as they are? 

35 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

"Kohm! The Untouchable Rivens!!!"

Buy a car, i'll go to your house and break it all, if you complain I can say that you agreed to have a car in an unowned world.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

I really don't understand on what metrics you make these changes. 

Like really? Astilla nerfed? I have 2 rivens for it and don't even want to use it (because even with carrier it's not enough ammo). Then Azima... the weapon I use that *everyone* says is trash gets nerfed? WHY? Then you buff stupid stuff that doesn't need it... why even bother.

Stuff that needed a buff needed FAR more than "no more than 1 pip" and stuff that needed market upset (Sicarus, Tiberon, etc) needed floored to where Soma and everything else is. So those of us who constantly get screwed with unveils could have had a chance to make some plat. But then again... it's only the people who buy plat that get the awful unveils right? Just like we're also the ones who don't get more than 20% off..............

Totally agree with this: "Like really? Astilla nerfed? I have 2 rivens for it and don't even want to use it (because even with carrier it's not enough ammo). Then Azima... the weapon I use that *everyone* says is trash gets nerfed? WHY? Then you buff stupid stuff that doesn't need it... why even bother."
No one asked for this. Why bother to make such terrible changes to ruin the mood of Fortuna? Weak weapons are still weak with slightly buffed Riven stats. If some Rivens are nerved just because these weapons are popular or strong, why not make all weapons equally mediocre?  

8 hours ago, Mati2g said:

So my Soma Riven HAD

+72.4% Critical Chance

+54.7% Critical Damage

+46.4% Multishot

-18.3% Damage to Corpus

Now the Dispo got buffed 0.5->0.55 and the stats are 

+63.3% Critical Chance

+50.6% Critical Damage

+38% Multishot

-15.2% Damage to Corpus

WTF??????????

It's strange why Some Rivens are nerfed???? It's already got a bad damage falloff after about level 60 enemies, and now they are made weaker? Why? It's one of few weapons I really enjoyed to use when I was in my lower MR periods but had to give up using it for higher level missions. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

EDIT: Wanted to clear up one comment I'm seeing lots of. Many of you have mentioned the Kohm as well as Detron - These weapons were marked for a reduction, but we opted not to change them, because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

My Euphona Prime riven helped me get 100% status chance with just 3 other dual stat mods. I was depending on the status chance from my riven so I could run Corrosive+Fire instead of Corrosive+Blast. 

A lot of player builds depended on rivens for reaching 100% status, reaching red crit territory or basically just dealing more flat damage. It's unfair not to change the Kohm and Detron because of that reason. A lot of us are already disappointed with the changes. DE showing biases towards the Kohm and Detron is like pouring salt to the wound.

Edited by JawNuts
  • Upvote 3

because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

Wouldn't this be more reason than anything to finally fix the status chance reaction with innate multishot and rebalance the weapons in question so we could actually judge non-crit shotguns on scales other than "can it reach 100% status"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Peter said:

A lot of non sense changes, Rubico took nerf in same way than Lanka, but Lanka is 90% more used.

And they nerfed Astilla while keep Kohm? rly?

This is more for market manipulation, they want to promote the new sniper in a dirty way.

Completely disgunsting.

Even a slight nerf to Kohm would render the gun useless. The ONLY reason to use it is for status. And currently you have to get a good roll to get it to 100%. I know, ive rolled countless status chances that brought me to 99%.

• Like 1

EDIT: Wanted to clear up one comment I'm seeing lots of. Many of you have mentioned the Kohm as well as Detron - These weapons were marked for a reduction, but we opted not to change them, because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

You guys did not mind ruining the other Rivens, 100% SC is not the only way to say that a Riven is necessary or useful, not all spends more than 5,000 platinum on a riven just because it reaches 100% SC.

You made those changes without the consent of those who committed to spend so much trusting that you would not make such a dumb decision (with all respect), that was a lot of disregard for who really supported the game, see for yourself what happened here, almost all weapons have fallen into Dispo and will continue to fall, this system does not bring any benefit, it only generates discord and #*!%s with who support the game.

I want your team to stop and think about what they did and tell me WHERE is the benefit in that system, why they screwed up with 95% of the server and if it really paid off.

Do you want to balance? get that crap out (Rivens) from this game, but stop playing with our money.

• Upvote 5