[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

1 minute ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Just set everything to 5/5, let us play with what we want, not what you forcing us to.

Rivens are meant to balance the power differences between weapons. That isn't achieved if every top tier weapons had 5/5 riven. You can still play whatever the hell you want, rivens are not mandatory. If you can play without them, then just gitgud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Rivens are meant to balance the power differences between weapons. That isn't achieved if every top tier weapons had 5/5 riven. You can still play whatever the hell you want, rivens are not mandatory. If you can play without them, then just gitgud.

They balance nothing, cause no one plays unpopular weapons even with them. 

• Upvote 6

10 часов назад, Lluid сказал:

A dynamic system would be even better, with disposition changing based on monthly community usage, encouraging players to use weapons that nobody uses as well as switching them regularly.

You said it yourself. NOBODY USES THEM FOR A GOOD BLOODY REASON. And the REASON is theyre awful. Keep nerfing rivens, the only thing itll change is people would STOP spending resources on them, run weapons without rivens. But in no fng way, shape or form it would make awful weapons playable. But here it gets even better, because once youd use weapon enough its dispo gets nerfed too so its trash again. 

So yeah have fun running in circles, spending money and grinding useless kuva. Totaly worth it. 

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 часов назад, [DE]Connor сказал:

Viper: 1.53->1.45

axleNgM.png

14 минут назад, FollowTheFaceless сказал:

Just set everything to 5/5, let us play with what we want, not what you forcing us to.

[2]

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure about some of these changes the. It looks like a lot of weapons that aren't actually used that much, have been nerfed  somewhat (Miter, Vasto, Panthers etc) I never see anyone using these 3 weapons for example and it's a similar thing for the Aksomati

• Upvote 2

DE, you guys destroyed my Vectis Prime Build. Now my Riven has only -24% Mag Capacity. Thx! -.- So now I haae less fun to run this game every day. Thank you very much. Plus taking away Sentinel Rivens... Great Idea. Make useless weapons even more useless. 

Edited by (PS4)NeroRedgrave
  • Upvote 5

Shame on you Dev .. i never see a game make all nice thing in so nerf like warframe i hate how u do this every time why all players dont play so much in hight lvl ?? because warframe nerf the best staff every big Update and its a meduim lvl game with this updates ...  shame shame 😬😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯20171116184304_1.jpg   AFTeR 230410_20181108233047_1.png

Edited by TheOnLySaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Devs,  i understand you wanna spice things up, nerf good rivens to make other rivens relevant but question, what about the players who bought rivens specifically for those stats for an incredible amount of plat, which now turned some of them into useless rivens. I feel i wasted so much plat to make my builds good now i have to take more time to completely redo all those builds affected. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

This is what happens when disposition remains the same for too long. People invest long-term without looking forward and expecting nothing to change. They spend $ for plats and buy expensive god roll rivens with absurd prices. Sudden changes are made and even though it's small changes they will feel cheated, simply because it's not what they had before, meaning a decrease in value

I still don't understand why people complain about things like the Lanka, Rubico or Arca Plasmor disposition. Those weapons are still strong no?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Why dont you guys stop trying to make this a liberal BS experiment where "everyone is equal" like you did with arcanes on POE and make it like it used to be where players had to play and grind to actually get good and gain exceptional equipment because its ruining the game no one would be happy with a game where a rank 1 is afforded the same buffs in a game as a rank 25. We had to grind for hours and hours for what we have and now you're just like "ope you're to lazy to farm kuva or arent strong enough yet, well here ya go anyways" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Releasing these changes without warning is our way of discouraging market exploitation, which may have occurred if some players knew change was coming, while players who didn’t visit the Forums would be unaware.

Except that players did know because Steve told us in a tweet. People who are into the game enough to exploit the riven market are also into the game enough to keep up with dev tweets.

Changes will be rolled out to all platforms as quickly as possible, to further prevent market exploitation.

Don't consoles go through a lengthy cert process though? So now that the cat's out of the bag, that exploitation is going to happen. What you should've done is send the changes into console cert first, then push them out in a quick hotfix on PC to coincide with their console release. On well, maybe next time. Though I find it difficult to believe your concern about market exploitation when you're apparently perfectly fine with Artax rivens going for 20K plat, to say nothing of things like Primed Chamber.

we have removed Sentinel weapons from the Riven generation pool

Can we get a sentinel weapon rework like we got for warframe guns, then? Because rivens are the only way to make sentinel weapons at least marginally useful, at least the old ones.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Upvote 1

AKStiletto need to up her stat riven and the Dev just make down the good riven and not up the bad riven's crazy Dev u make this game so nerf and u make peoples angry 

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Except that players did know because Steve told us in a tweet. People who are into the game enough to exploit the riven market are also into the game enough to keep up with dev tweets.

Don't consoles go through a lengthy cert process though? So now that the cat's out of the bag, that exploitation is going to happen. What you should've done is send the changes into console cert first, then push them out in a quick hotfix on PC to coincide with their console release.

Can we get a sentinel weapon rework like we got for warframe guns, then? Because rivens are the only way to make sentinel weapons at least marginally useful, at least the old ones.

They hit consoles too. After I got done enjoying Steve's wonderful stream I got on Warframe to be greeted by all of my multi-forma'd Rivened up weapons with their new sweet sweet stats. 

(I own a vast majority of the meta Rivens, no I didn't overpay for them. Yes I invested a tremendous amount of time and love into the rolls and builds)

Edited by (PS4)xSweep66
  • Upvote 2

shout out to my fellow arca plasmor brothers who had to witness their arca plasmor rivens be murdered in front of them helplessly 

Edited by (PS4)doom-monger
added 'be' in front of murdered. my grammar is poopy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)xSweep66 said:

They hit consoles too. After I got done enjoying Steve's wonderful stream I got on Warframe to be greeted by all of my multi-forma'd Rivened up weapons with their new sweet sweet stats. 

(I own a vast majority of the meta Rivens, no I didn't overpay for them. Yes I invested a tremendous amount of time and love into the rolls and builds)

sorry for your loss. let us rise up together and hope for better days

• Like 2

>Lowers Aklex disposition

>Doesn't raise Lex disposition

Ooookay. You guys have a long way to go with the changes.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, (PS4)doom-monger said:

sorry for your loss. let us rise up together and hope for better days

What sucks is I own two powerful Gram Rivens. Excited for the inevitable nerf. I bought them a long long time ago for pennies. My OG Gram has 6 forma. I tried so hard to make it good with the Rivens I had. That's what the system was for right? To make weapons that are objectively bad viable? 6 forma and many builds later, it was still garbage compared to Galatine Prime. 

The purpose of this system fails to address the issue that it is trying to fix. Just like my Arca will continue to be my go to, just less good.

Edited by (PS4)xSweep66
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

What does the list means? There is nothing.

Also, while it is totally fine to remove sentinel weapons from normal riven mods pool, but why simply remove it entirely? Some of us still need for the sentinel weapon rivens.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done on the changes! Adjustments to the Riven disposition were very needed, as some of them made (and still make) the gameplay for many people, and this shouldn't be the case as Riven was originally meant as a small supplement to balance the power of the older weapons. For too long it made some particular weapons remain Best In Slot and the absolute meta of the game.

I'm looking forward to more Riven, and even actual weapon changes in the future.

Once again, well done!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PS4)xSweep66 said:

What sucks is I own two powerful Gram Rivens. I bought them a long long time ago for pennies. My OG Gram has 6 forma. I tried so hard to make it good with the Rivens I had. That's what the system was for right? To make weapons that are objectively bad viable? 6 forma and and many builds later, it was still garbage compared to Galatine Prime. 

The purpose of this system fails to address the issue that it is trying to fix. Just like my Arca will continue to be my go to, just less good.

absolutely. some weapons with high dispos are still poopy. it makes no sense. The only weapon i can think of right now is the Daikyu

Edited by (PS4)doom-monger
  • Upvote 2