[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

4 minutes ago, TheOnLySaw said:

Warframe is So NeeeeeRF now 

remember when Warframe did that crappy thing with Prime Unvaultings? Lack of accessories packs? They gave us what we wanted after Jim #*!%ing Sterling Son made the change finally happen.

Now what's that other crappy thing Warframe does? Nerf everything we like? Yep. I think we should have a talk about that crappy thing now

Edited by (PS4)doom-monger
  • Upvote 6

These changes are pretty awful and make me not want to invest in rivens anymore.

I was under the assumption that rivens you already had and rolled (and finished basically, as I had on quite a few weapons) would remain unchanged and these would only affect new rolls. If the rivens ive spent 3+ months farming kuva for are subject to rather sizable nerfs like this, then there is no real point in investing in the already questional riven system, or buying/collecting the platnum to get finished rivens.

Some of the changes on that list, like the Astilla make absolutely NO sense as its not exactly a popular weapon in the face of the plasmor. And speaking of the plasmor even with a pretty decent riven its damage vs heavier units in high end content already fell off quite a bit, It was fine at 3/5 dispo...Aklexes? already somewhat rare...just...No...im probably never farming kuva again now that I know this is how it works. 

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 5

are you #*!%ing real de what the #*!% are you doing you nerf rivens for weapons almost no one uses

q8r2NQZ.png

this is my buzlok before your bullS#&$

E1J8HgS.png

this is my buzlok after your bullS#&$ 

"huh that doesnt look much"

if you thought that you are wrong, i paid the thing with my plat, maxed it with my credits and endo, rerolled it with my kuva and then i lost 231 damage like that

since you are nerfing rivens for  weapons that gained some popularity such as miter and buzlok, where is the kohm, why that shotgun that gained so much popularity is untouched? where is the kohm riven nerf? oh wait that weapon actually gained so much popularity and riven prices are high enough that you are scared to nerf that huh? so you go and #*!% actually unpopular weapons because you feel like it also:

11 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

We hope that these changes help bring us closer to the original intention of Riven Mods, reinvigorating weapon diversity at a high level. We will continue listening to player thoughts regarding Dispositions, in hopes of better maintaining this system in the future. Thanks for reading Tenno, and see you on Venus!

if you want to reinvigorate weapons diversity at high level what is the #*!%ing point on nerfing rivens for unpopular weapons 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ty for fecking up tiberon to 4 disposition...what can i say

I paid so much platinum and to get it where i want with so many resources

Edited by Darkstalix
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TheOnLySaw said:

Shame on you Dev .. i never see a game make all nice thing in so nerf like warframe i hate how u do this every time why all players dont play so much in hight lvl ?? because warframe nerf the best staff every big Update and its a meduim lvl game with this updates ...  shame shame 😬😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯20171116184304_1.jpg   AFTeR 230410_20181108233047_1.png

My two Arca Plasmor rivens got nerfed hard as well. 

• Like 1
  • Woah 2

after 2 years when he should repair that system,he doing dispo changes after 2 fu**ing years,its to long time to habit player to dispo change,if he wanna do this like that,should change every couple week or month not after fu**ing 2 years,when everybady invest time for kuva farm and thousand of plats.

DE was stop listening players for longer time...

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Great, really great, for those spending an insane amount of time, resources and even plat... this is a slap in the face. Yeah everything can change because the game is still in beta but that is not how things should be done. I don't get why something should be nerfed just because it is popular or seems to be op. Players will always find something to make it insanely strong and others will copy those builds. Your solution is to make it worse just to "balance" things out?

Nah DE that is f***** up, it creates a toxic environment because some players will demand changes others don’t want or need. Where do we draw the line here what is good or not for the game? Maybe next time someone asks for a build or good gear we should lie to him in order to keep “the good” weapons working. I don’t want to be forced into anything because it takes away freedom/options for your player base. You will never make everybody happy but if you implement something do it with time and done wright or don’t implement it at all.

And why are there always people happy about someone losing his favorite gear/build? WTH is wrong with you people, don’t like the weapon, don’t use it. Let others enjoy the game how they want.  Holy s*** what a toxic community it has become since 2013…

Edited by KentuckyKid_69
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 4

Yeah they destroyed my Plasmor. It already falls off badly vs heavy units at high levels now im probably gonna have to stop using it. 

to be fair, it only got popular with the Saryn changes. Before then it wasn't really heavily used. It pops all of Saryns spores at once. It really wasnt used enough to justify the 2 dispo it has now. 

Seriously DE this system was already bad with the huge amounts of investment and RNG involved this was pretty much the straw that broke my back. I mean we already have issues with endgame content, and I was content to just get rivens for all my keeper weapons eventually and farm farm farm farm for really good rolls, even on weapons that nobody really uses, Like my Gorgons and Karak Wraith but after this? No. 

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

I thought when the riven changes hit that existing rivens would remain as is, why was that renege upon?

Furthermore, why are weapons that are only good with rivens on them getting penalized on their riven disposition?

Edited by ReshyShira
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ReshyShira said:

I thought when the riven changes hit that existing rivens would remain as is, why was that renege upon?

That's what I thought too...

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

On another relevant note separate from these Disposition changes, we have removed Sentinel weapons from the Riven generation pool. Those that own Sentinel weapon Rivens will still own them in their Inventories. Unveiling a Sentinel weapon Riven was simply lackluster compared to more applicable weapons.

This change needs ot be revisited. Either bring back the rivens with lower drop rate, or reintroduce them in some other way. Or hell, at least make them not count toward the riven cap.

There is a cap of 90 rivens and this will now force anyone who wants to keep their collection at 100% to sacrifice 7 more of these precious slots. And due to policies you can't even have a second acc to store them. Not to mention that this will just make them into Artax rivens destroying their platinum prices.

DE reconsider this change.

Edit: I don't mind the other changes - rivens by definition should be enjoyed for the moment. Such 'rebalance' was(for some players should have been) expected for long time. I dont mind the sentinel mods gone from the normal droptable, in fact i totaly agree with this. But they need to not be excluded entirely.

Edited by scourge213
  • Upvote 2

I don't agree with leaving the Kohm and Detron untouched.  Leaving things out of the picture like this means DE is willing to NOT adjust the disposition for certain weapons which further skews the value of such rivens.  Does this mean as the Kohm/Detron become even more popular DE is unwilling to touch them because they can't achieve their 100% status chance with a riven build?  We already have mods such as Nano-Applicator which players can still slot in for shotguns which will bring Kohm up to 100% status chance before multishot even before a riven is required.

If you're going to adjust riven disposition at least give these weapons a hit as well.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

nt riven its damage vs heavier units in high end content already fell off quite a bit

The AP properly modded one shots any faction at L100+ without a riven so this falloff happens when exactly?

THIS

AIN'T

IT

CHIEF

I don't even get into the game of selling rivens because it's too choatic, but I do spend hours on kuva farms, just to roll decent rivens for my favorite weapons. How are you gonna nerf us like that? My decent riven that took about 25 rolls just went from decent to trash.

You guys should've not touched the rivens already in people's inventory and only had applied the changes to newly rolled rivens.

Oh and the Vectis, sure it's a canon but it gets a bigger nerf than the lanka and the rubico? What? It's less popular than the other two snipers?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

To DE:

Consider this. I'm MR25. I love this game. I don't have a lot to do right now (eagerly awaiting Fortuna here on PS4).

I spend much of my time during content droughts trying and perfecting new builds.

I don't need plat for weapon slots, or Warframe slots, or Arcanes, or even Rivens. I trade big ticket items occasionally if I find that I do need plat. I do however buy plat every once in a while to support you guys! Where does this plat go? Gifts maybe. A lot of the time it goes to Rivens for some of the better weapons I don't own. You know, because there's not much to do during a drought, so tinkering with builds that require Rivens to get the most out of becomes an interesting time sink.

It's not that I'm upset. I'm not upset. But it's hard to justify that behavior now. The time and effort put in to the concept of minmaxing out of boredom. Justifying the expense because I love the developer. Was I in the wrong considering the nature of Riven disposition? Perhaps. 

But wasn't that a nice option for Veterans? To be able to invest a little bit without a fear of losing our investment? It's not like any nerf will really hold us back. We face roll most content.

I think that tuning Riven disposition for underused and under powered weapons makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't provoke a lot of good will or trust for some of the others.

We just got a harsh reality check that the single greatest plat sink for excess plat (such as purchased plat for Veterans) is not a good investment.

Anyways, I will continue to be a devoted player of this amazing game...But I have to protect my time and interest when it comes to investing personal assets. It's a shame, because we both got something out of it before.

Edited by (PS4)xSweep66
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 5

I'm totally OK with the changes.

Especially that DE made two exceptions and even explained the reasoning behind leaving Kohm and Detron disposition unchaged. This shows they understand their system and the meaning of "the exeption that proves the rule".

I hope such disposition reevaluations will happen much more often in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Asdryu said:

Most of these changes don't make no sense.
Rubico: nothing relevant and everyone uses it like no tomorrow.
Tonkor, Spira, Dread, Hek- WHO USES THEM?
Vectis got nerfed too: ok whatever. I got it. This is random <.<

weird thing is vectis was nerfed even more than both rubico and lanka lol 

• Upvote 1

And it’s been brought to my attention that Rubico was nerfed....on my cousins hairline why on earth would you guys do this DE? 

Peep game, if you nerf the weapons we use to go on stream, if you nerf the weapons we use to go endgame and if you nerf the weapons we use to clap level 389 grineer/eximus bombards/juggernauts what’s the purpose in us playing your game if we can’t do the damage we grinded so hard to do?

Explain that to me.

Because I’d be a Baldheaded Monkey if I walked into a tridelon hunt or the kuva fortress and got my cheeks CLAPPED if my weapons didn’t work. 

You know what you need to do, just put our rivens back to the percentages they were at fam. You’re making me want to go play destiny.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

The AP properly modded one shots any faction at L100+ without a riven so this falloff happens when exactly?

You aint one shotting a level 100 bombard or heavy gunner unbuffed fam. 

Edited by SpentCasings

22 minutes ago, (PS4)KAZZILLA99 said:

THIS

AIN'T

IT

CHIEF

I don't even get into the game of selling rivens because it's too choatic, but I do spend hours on kuva farms, just to roll decent rivens for my favorite weapons. How are you gonna nerf us like that? My decent riven that took about 25 rolls just went from decent to trash.

You guys should've not touched the rivens already in people's inventory and only had applied the changes to newly rolled rivens.

Oh and the Vectis, sure it's a canon but it gets a bigger nerf than the lanka and the rubico? What? It's less popular than the other two snipers?

110 rolls on my opticor riven and its only...Decent...It got nerfed. I feel like the time and platinum invested in it were 100% warranted now. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

5 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

How much you want to bet? I’m definetly in the business of proving people wrong.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb IllumiMahdi:

I had an idea that disposition you have right now wouldn't change, but when you go and trade the riven the stats would get nerfed. This makes it so new rivens are under the new changes, but the ones you have personally are subject to no change. It's a good way of keeping players happy imo, you aren't nerfing their builds.

this would make old riven even more expensive and totally destroy the purpose of the disposition being dynamic. just no...this would just be even more insane power creep and plat hoarding.