Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

2 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

this would make old riven even more expensive and totally destroy the purpose of the disposition being dynamic. just no...this would just be even more insane power creep and plat hoarding.

At least if it worked that way it would respect the players time and investment in their rivens.

4 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

110 rolls on my opticor riven and its only...Decent...It got nerfed. I feel like the time and platinum invested in it were 100% warranted now. 

If you have other life responsibilities there's no way you can feel like all that time and effort you managed to squeeze in to make a build you were happy with is warrented.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KAZZILLA99 said:

If you have other life responsibilities there's no way you can feel like all that time and effort you managed to squeeze in to make a build you were happy with is warrented.

I was being sarcastic. Very sarcastic. 

I REALLy love this game. I really do but this single change removes...99% of the incentive for me to purchase any more platnum?

All my recent purchases went into Riven slots or rivens....

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Insomniacmob said:

How much you want to bet? I’m definetly in the business of proving people wrong.

I could be wrong but I think you might not have noticed that he was replying to a different person saying that the Arca is fine without a Riven at lvl 100. He was just saying that a Riven is helpful for heavy Grineer at that level.

With many of the anti-lootbox / video game gambling laws being talked about, Rivens will be forced into changes, to a degree or another.

At minimum they will not allow trading veiled Rivens, per my understanding...

Expect more Riven changes as such laws solidify and the company becomes legally liable in those countries.

🚧 ...This is only the beginning... 🚧

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Insomniacmob said:

How much you want to bet? I’m definetly in the business of proving people wrong.

Go for it.

I know for a fact the only way you  can probably come close is with a crit Plasmor build.

Plasmor with the basic shotgun crit mod is only about 40% crit chance off the top of my head. That's a bit coin flippy and inconsistent for my taste. That means you have a 60% chance to lightly tickle his Giblets? Pass. 

My build has as much damage and status piled on as possible and did just fine to everything but those 2 units. 

Hope we'll see regular dispo changes in the future.

Most of negative comments come from people who either invested heavily in OP rivens or overreact to the changes. Honestly, we all saw it coming but it's always hard to stay calm when things you like get sudden nerf.

Some of the things were not justified.

What next? Gonna nerf my Gorgons next? I had rivens in them LONG before they got buffed. I liked them. THey were weak but they were some of my favorite guns so I spent hundreds of hours farming kuva/platnum BEFORE they added survival in. I'd be Livid if they got nerfed...

I think euphona nerf was uncalled for. It's a pretty unweildly weapon.

Most other nerfs or buffs to weapons that I frequent make sense, though. Latron has been on the weak side for a while and it's dispo could use a bump, nerfing Sicarus makes perfect sense, Lato and Vasto seeing a drop isn't unreasonable...

It looks like this doesn't affect current rolls, though, and I already have a perfect Euphona riven that I will never ever touch because it's a perfect combination of +impact +damage +recoil roll.

7 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

The drama levels in this thread are delicious. Kudos DE!

Edit: But yeah to meet the alleged goal of providing more balance and thus variety among weapons these changes would have be far more frequent please! This would also give ppl less time to get accustomed to disbalance, reducing entitlement and backlash.

The more rivens change, the less valuable rivens become.  I don't get why you're excited to see the fellow members in your community upset that their investment into the game isn't being respected.

So I did 70 rolls on my lanka.. which is like 2 weeks work, and you just took whatever you wanted.. I want 15% of my time refunded.. for all the weapons i rolled... i want to bill you for 2 months of my time.. 

fuk off $&*&*#(%&s its a game..  so dont take yourself too seriously.. just deal with everyone taking there damage seriously.. and understand your there to give us stuff to kill.  Just be good staff, and dont #*!% with the customers fun.

Now go away and make more content and leave whatever we develop alone.

12 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

We hope that these changes help bring us closer to the original intention of Riven Mods, reinvigorating weapon diversity at a high level.

Quoting this to remind people who whined that their overpowered and overused toys getting "nerfed".

Also another one to prevent a common argument:

13 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

These weapons were marked for a reduction, but we opted not to change them, because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

Thank you DE for the changes, the level of whining is glorious.

Riven mods were always meant to change in stats, I hope this means we'll get updates more often now and people stop paying 10k+ plat for rivens. It's better for everyone if the price ranges fall down to more reasonable levels when stats could change at any time.

I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY THIS

Why the heck was supra nerfred

So hard

From 1.14 to 1.0

And opticor 1.22 to 1.15

My bebez

Like dude

Buff harpak then T T

Buff something

Obex

Or sweeper

My two favorite guns

Ruined to the ground

At least give everyone 3500 kuva per riven they owned so they can freely reroll them now that theyve been nerfed or boosted altered

Ayuhgh this sucks

I have 2 supra rivens because its my favorite

And 1 opticor riven i worked hard on

It just sucks

No need to nerf rivens but balance lesser ones

2 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Riven mods were always meant to change in stats, I hope this means we'll get updates more often now and people stop paying 10k+ plat for rivens. It's better for everyone if the price ranges fall down to more reasonable levels when stats could change at any time.

I think riven prices should only be like 30-150p

But people sell them at 1500 to 1000

1 minute ago, CeePee said:

I don't see why celebrating the loss of investment of your fellow players is a good thing, you want your player base to feel that their time sank into the game is meaningful.  Changes to rivens would be fine.... if Rivens actually had fixed stats once they're dropped and cannot be retroactively changed

Just now, Wesgile said:

Quoting this to remind people who whined that their overpowered and overused toys getting "nerfed".

Well, unfortunately you ought to respect the player's investment within the game.  As is, Rivens take a massive investment to make good, and this investment isn't being respected by the developers.  Furthermore, weapons that are only good with a riven have seen nerfs whilst weapons who nobody uses even with a riven haven't seen any tweaking.

Archived