Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

1 minute ago, UniDIrector said:

Riven disposition shouldn't be based on popularity of a weapon, it should be based on the power of the weapon in the grand scheme of things.

if all weapons are supposed to be balanced out, why not just have 1 weapon to choose from in the entire game? It's going to be the same thing if all weapon powers are supposed to converge to the same mediocre.

I had been hoping for a miter BUFF.

So I took miter out to an arbitration, with the 300% damage bonus.  I have a riven for it too, and not godly its still good.  A mere 30 rolls invested.

A +300% damage buffed miter, with a riven whose disposition is the highest of all weapons in the game, did no better damage than my pistol.  But it did keep a charge-up time my pistol doesn't, and use sniper ammo.

Who thought miter was OP and why?  In what conceivable situation is miter too good, even if you own the most godly riven that is technically possible?

If you want to see actual variety, the disposition for weaker weapons needs to be much, MUCH higher.  Good on you for taking Simulor part way out of its unnecessary hole there, and I occasionally use some guns that are being buffed (though I want to reiterate that the opticor nerf was just confusing.)  But why nerf, of all things out there, MITER?

12 minutes ago, Lluid said:

A dynamic system would be even better, with disposition changing based on monthly community usage, encouraging players to use weapons that nobody uses as well as switching them regularly.

Riven Pope declares november ESO month. Please use your Ignises and Amprexes all you want, but next month, Eidolon month, stow those away and whip out the Lankas and Vectises.

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Why remove sentinel weapon Riven Mods? Artax Riven mods are over 20k on PC.

All of these seem like very small increments. Does that mean more changes are to come?

Prior to this patch, Artax rivens weren't even in the riven drop pool.They removed the ones that are currently in the pool, which are worth nothing. Like Sweeper.

The only riven I have that survived the nerf was the Kohm. I have an amazing Kohm riven, but I dont use the weapon because the weapon looks like A$$ Guess I'll have to swallow the looks.

EDIT: If I remember right, my Kohm has 121% SC + MS so if it gets nerfed, it will go from great riven to trash HAHA DE PLZ

il y a 15 minutes, Lluid a dit :

A dynamic system would be even better, with disposition changing based on monthly community usage, encouraging players to use weapons that nobody uses as well as switching them regularly.

This comment is the first one that isn't someone whining, talking crap, creating complotist theory on why changes happens, BUT DOES says something useful. Although I would say that disposition changes, and thus stats changes on your weapon every onth would #*!% up people theory crafting so bad it would push a lot of them the other side of the sanity bridge.

7 minutes ago, ModernGreg said:

DE isn't responsible for the prices that players set and pay for their Rivens, though.

Yes, I know DE does not set the prices. However, if players can no longer obtain a thing, that thing increases in value. Take anything vaulted as an example. So if sentinel weapon rivens are no longer obtainable, people that have them will ask for increasingly higher prices the longer that the rivens remain unobtainable. 

Archived