Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

If anyone wanna know what's broken, lemme know,   I have a list of then all critaata,  critatis,  visican,  satiata, acricron,  visicron etc,  I'm just tired of them bring too over kill and not much ppl even try endless mission now,  last time we have prime parts reward at rotations,  now all we getting are junk,  no motivation in mission. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Sleepyneol said:

If anyone wanna know what's broken, lemme know,   I have a list of then all critaata,  critatis,  visican,  satiata, acricron,  visicron etc,  I'm just tired of them bring too over kill and not much ppl even try endless mission now,  last time we have prime parts reward at rotations,  now all we getting are junk,  no motivation in mission. 

mate problem is why nerfing this weapons after so long? its ages that lanka is there and something like tiberon prime arrived a long time ago, if DE thinks that this weapon are so strong that they need a nerf on their rivens THEN PLS DO IT AT THE START OF RELEASING THEM

why they nerfed them now? after this long and after most of ppl like me wasted so much plats and kuva actualy i dont  really care about plats and kuva but hell it was time tthat i spent 2hours on trade chat and my eyes hurt so bad after i got what i wanted

this is what makes me so angry

hace 41 minutos, K-Sha dijo:

Rivens are a common drop from sorties, I barely run sorties anymore and every other reward I get is a riven the few times I decide to do it. You have a point with the rarity of specific rolls on specific weapons but you're ignoring the massive inflation the riven market has experienced ever since it popped up. Last year I saw 2000~ish plat rivens, that's around $200 worth of platinum. Now when going on riven.market, I can see most rivens with good rolls at least 2000 and 10000 at most. That's 1000$ right there for that 10k plat riven. Rivens are not antiques or collectors items. My point is that a single mod, for a single weapon, given a real world value of several hundred or even thousand dollars, is utterly ridiculous by the standards set by gaming communities as a whole. It is a tiny microscopic sized bit of content for such a massive amount of money, it's a waste plain and simple.

Also, why rivens cannot be compared to antiques, and they are not collectors items, rivens are valued for their strength, they are useful and applicable in many practical ways. The only rivens that you could compare to collectors items or antiques are sentinel weapon rivens for the time being because currently, they are unobtainable. A riven is a weapon, not a decoration.

You can get an infinite number of Vectis +damage +crit chance +crit damage rivens for example, rivens are not finite in any way shape or form, again, except for sentinel weapon rivens for the time being. The only justifying factor for their price is rarity, and thinking about that I would give 1000 plat as a logical price for S#&$ like said vectis roll at the most. 

My main point though was to say that there have been no significant changes to any rivens for any weapon, as such value will not decrease by much and usefulness sure as hell won't either (not that it matters because rivens for all the meta weapons are completely overkill).

If the amount of plat in the system is increasing at a higher rate than player base, inflation is normal. Anyways there is no data to support this. There is also no data to support your affirmation that riven prices have increased. But assuming it is true, the reason for that increase is probably a high demand/low supply:

How many players want a good Arca riven? How many good Arca rivens are for sale? Supply/Demand.

Arca rivens are finite. The fact that you could get one from the daily sortie doesn't make them infinite. It is a finite number that increases (slowly) with time. You cannot "create one arca riven". All you can do is do the daily sortie day after day after day till you get one arca riven, at some point, maybe one day maybe years.

Also how many players do farm kuva? Cause we need players to farm kuva in order to turn trash rivens into good ones. If farming kuva is a pain in the ass, then maybe players have stopped farming kuva and started farming other things to get plat so they can pay for a good riven, instead of creating one themselves.

That could also explain why riven prices increase. I am one of these players. I prefer to sell prime components, sets and stuff like that. Every day. After weeks or months of doing this I spend 1k plat or more on a riven I like. No RNG, no kuva farming. Every player doing this, like me, is taking arca rivens out of the market without increasing the "pool" of arca rivens in the system. And for every player doing this, we need a player doing the "dirty" job of adding arca rivens to the pool. If these numbers do not match, prices drop or prices sky rocket.

I don't think the riven market is crazy. I don't think we have to control the riven market. I do not believe that a group of evil greedy buyers is manipulating prices. It is much simpler than that: supply/demand.

Want prices to drop? Increase kuva drop. Increase veiled riven drop. Change the cycling system to be less RNG (aka consume less kuva). And then prices will drop.

@[DE]Connor

Please just buff Kohm to 30% status so everyone doesn't need to rely on rivens to mod the said weapon in a certain way, if players depending on rivens to build kohm for 100% status is considered so important that its rivens are given a clean chit from getting their dispo nerfed, then maybe make the said playstyle freely available for all to build for, and as how it was originally going to be when rivens were first released, balance them around the weapons usage. like the rest of the weapons in game. 

And Detron has 30% status chance and Mara Detron has 32% status chance (ie: not needing a riven to go 100% status), so i don't know how detron's dispo can affect players achieving 100% status chance.

or is this because some dude decided to spend 15000 platinum on a kohm riven ?

8 minutes ago, Gr1mjaw said:

@[DE]Connor

Please just buff Kohm to 30% status so everyone doesn't need to rely on rivens to mod the said weapon in a certain way, if players depending on rivens to build kohm for 100% status is considered so important that its rivens are given a clean chit from getting their dispo nerfed, then maybe make the said playstyle freely available for all to build for, and as how it was originally going to be when rivens were first released, balance them around the weapons usage. like the rest of the weapons in game. 

And Detron has 30% status chance and Mara Detron has 32% status chance (ie: not needing a riven to go 100% status), so i don't know how detron's dispo can affect players achieving 100% status chance.

giving certain weapons riven's immunity from dispo nerfs will just drive their prices sky high and out of reach from a average player, which takes the whole reason why its disposition wasn't nerfed for, majority of people that want to build kohm for 100% status will never can.

10 minutes ago, Gr1mjaw said:

@[DE]Connor

Bro you talking like you dont no how to mod you need 40 percent status on a weapon to get 100 percent status using 3 dual stat mods without multi shot if you don't know multi is a additive.

wow its fun reading these comments all these low level tier players.

58 minutes ago, TheBronx said:

If the amount of plat in the system is increasing at a higher rate than player base, inflation is normal. Anyways there is no data to support this. There is also no data to support your affirmation that riven prices have increased. But assuming it is true, the reason for that increase is probably a high demand/low supply:

How many players want a good Arca riven? How many good Arca rivens are for sale? Supply/Demand.

Arca rivens are finite. The fact that you could get one from the daily sortie doesn't make them infinite. It is a finite number that increases (slowly) with time. You cannot "create one arca riven". All you can do is do the daily sortie day after day after day till you get one arca riven, at some point, maybe one day maybe years.

Also how many players do farm kuva? Cause we need players to farm kuva in order to turn trash rivens into good ones. If farming kuva is a pain in the ass, then maybe players have stopped farming kuva and started farming other things to get plat so they can pay for a good riven, instead of creating one themselves.

That could also explain why riven prices increase. I am one of these players. I prefer to sell prime components, sets and stuff like that. Every day. After weeks or months of doing this I spend 1k plat or more on a riven I like. No RNG, no kuva farming. Every player doing this, like me, is taking arca rivens out of the market without increasing the "pool" of arca rivens in the system. And for every player doing this, we need a player doing the "dirty" job of adding arca rivens to the pool. If these numbers do not match, prices drop or prices sky rocket.

I don't think the riven market is crazy. I don't think we have to control the riven market. I do not believe that a group of evil greedy buyers is manipulating prices. It is much simpler than that: supply/demand.

Want prices to drop? Increase kuva drop. Increase veiled riven drop. Change the cycling system to be less RNG (aka consume less kuva). And then prices will drop.

Admittedly yeah there is no data support the idea of riven prices increasing, since there is no hard record of prices over time. Interesting to hear though that method of obtaining rivens. When I said rivens are not finite, I specifically meant in the way of that every time you do the sortie you can get a riven for any weapon with any roll, except for sentinel weapons for the time being. It's infinite in the way that is is obtainable, not necessarily that there are infinite rivens in circulation. 

riven is broken from begin,we should can choice one stats every couple roll or just choice them,that system need be changes at all rework or something,this idiot not realize its not fair changes something like that,doing sh** after 2 years its not ok,if its be work like that from begin and be change every week...month ok!

not

after 2 fu**ing year!

i feel he making special platinum sink to ppl spend again more next 2 fu**ing year,that not fair at all i feel disappoint,im not even happy about Fortuna at all

DE was stop listen players that's is a sad true better just fu** player wallet

2 hours ago, (XB1)WryWoodenman said:

DE has robbed so many players of their time spent rolling rivens and plat spent on hard to acquire mods with this update. Im in a clan and alliance with a lot of mr 25 players. Players that have been around for years and this latest decision is causing them to drop off like flies.....DE better do something fast or they are going to lose more. Ppl are so disappointed its ridiculous. I cant believe their decision to take from ppl that have invested so much.... I really hope DE gives back what they found so easy to take. Or the elite player fall off will continue and this new fortuna update wont mean a thing. They really lost a lot of respect of so many high rank players. You dont take away from ppl something they have earned. Its called theft. 

52 minutes ago, Gr1mjaw said:

@[DE]Connor

Kohm DOESN'T NEED 100% status chance to be op.

Proof:

23 minutes ago, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

Bro you talking like you dont no how to mod you need 40 percent status on a weapon to get 100 percent status using 3 dual stat mods without multi shot if you don't know multi is a additive.

wow its fun reading these comments all these low level tier players.

A 30% status weapon can reach 100% status using 4 dual stats before multishot. 

Aiming to reach 100% status with only 3 does not fall under modding flexibility, but it falls under min-maxing(a thing you might not have watched on YouTube yet) and your opinion on not nerfing a riven just because without it, you cannot get maximum possible damage out of it, clearly states how much or little you know about modding your weapons and even what i am suggesting here.

by the same logic, we should get tigris rivens buffed, because without them we cannot build it with 3 dual stats and reach 100% status and min-max it for optimal about of damage.

Please think twice before you type bro.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)WryWoodenman said:

DE has robbed so many players of their time spent rolling rivens and plat spent on hard to acquire mods with this update. Im in a clan and alliance with a lot of mr 25 players. Players that have been around for years and this latest decision is causing them to drop off like flies.....DE better do something fast or they are going to lose more. Ppl are so disappointed its ridiculous. I cant believe their decision to take from ppl that have invested so much.... I really hope DE gives back what they found so easy to take. Or the elite player fall off will continue and this new fortuna update wont mean a thing. They really lost a lot of respect of so many high rank players. You dont take away from ppl something they have earned. Its called theft. 

No it's called balance.

We as a community knew things couldn't last, between the envious few who out of spite decried rivens as a farce, to the small few who argued that for balance something has to happen and yet these high rank players ignored all the signs and chatter to continue peddling their horribly over priced rivens. Something would give and DE chose to do a riven dispo pass.

I called it, i said the community would react badly and here you are.

And still we have white knights defending everything DE does regardless of who it affects. Maybe YOU are not one of the affected people, maybe YOU didn’t spend time to get the better or godlike Riven Mods because YOU didn’t want to invest the time/resources or plat or simply YOU didn’t need them… but there are OTHER players using the best tools possible DE gave us. Don’t be selfish just because it does not affect you this time, maybe next time it does.

Whose fault is that players are putting in time to learn how to build a strong weapon if these tools, for example the time PoE came around and the Aura Mod: Shield Disruption on Eidolons, are there for anybody to use. That is not an exploit because the mod does what it was designed for and what the freaking name says. Who do we blame, the players knowing exactly what tools they have to their disposal? Since when do we punish knowledge?

And if these changes are considered meaningless for some because “your weapon is still great…” why do these changes at all? I fail to see how this is going to help the game or how it makes the game better. It takes away freedom and it doesn’t really made the game better for people not willing to use these Riven Mods, available to everybody at all time.

I have more than 3000h with this account alone and never had to say to myself: “Man they should nerf that weapon because this other player does way more damage than me.” I don’t give a f***, it is a PVE game. To me it is way more annoying to revive always the same player because he didn’t bring the right gear. Most of the time this player thanks you for reviving him over and over again, no complains for actually finishing the mission. Obviously I will not tell that player to change his gear because he has the liberty do play with whatever he wants and so do I.

This nerf thing is once again punishing only a certain group of players. Probably the players with most time invested in this game because they acquired the knowledge of how the game works. Taking away things is never good because you are taking away features you DE decided to put in this game from the beginning. They wanted us to speak the truth and tell them if we are not ok with something… well I think there are a lot more players having an issue with these recent changes than people happy about them.  

Oh and by the way how do players know when or if someone is using a Riven Mod, most players in public matches rarely make long runs anymore so there is no way to tell. It is expected from a MR16 or higher to do damage and kill a s*** ton of enemies. If you have time to look how much damage others do or what gear they have, maybe it is time to go against higher tier enemies. Just saying.

Cheers

I have my pyrana and amprex riven neffed but, i understand the riven disposition is the % of player used that wearpon, if noone use the wearpon that wearpon will have the best riven disposition and backwards, the meta will continius change and if you spent 1 k of platinum buying a riven is your problem. some times the wors riven disposition will change if peoble stop use that wearpon.( I spend more than 700 k of kuva ROLLING MY PYRANA RIVEN  AND I DONT CRY AND SAID THE GAME IS RIP ).

1 minute ago, KentuckyKid_69 said:

And still we have white knights defending everything DE does regardless of who it affects. Maybe YOU are not one of the affected people, maybe YOU didn’t spend time to get the better or godlike Riven Mods because YOU didn’t want to invest the time/resources or plat or simply YOU didn’t need them… but there are OTHER players using the best tools possible DE gave us. Don’t be selfish just because it does not affect you this time, maybe next time it does.

See this is the issue right now, all the salty sailors are lashing out at anyone who isn't crying or reeing with them.

Pitiful really.

On 2018-11-08 at 1:24 PM, [DE]Connor said:

We are looking into ways for players to intentionally acquire Rivens for their robotic companions' weapons. They will remain outside the Riven generation pool, as previously stated.

Hey @[DE]Connor, in case you didn't see my suggestion, I think this is a good way to make both sides happy without really affecting much. 

3 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

No it's called balance.

We as a community knew things couldn't last, between the envious few who out of spite decried rivens as a farce, to the small few who argued that for balance something has to happen and yet these high rank players ignored all the signs and chatter to continue peddling their horribly over priced rivens. Something would give and DE chose to do a riven dispo pass.

I called it, i said the community would react badly and here you are.

This is far from balance, exaple kohm riven not touched. One of the most powerful, most used weapons in game. Also no update DE has done affected an existing players inventory in such a way. Example, kubrow breeding changed but they didnt take away existing pets, just made them unattainably in future game play. That is balance, but taking something that players spent their hard earned money and time on and nerfing it because of a popularity contest is thieving. And a lot of ppl feel the same.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)WryWoodenman said:

nerfing it because of a popularity contest is thieving. And a lot of ppl feel the same.

No, no it's not. It's bad balancing logic.

God enough with the petty hyperbole it's not helping your case, if anything it makes you all look like over entitled man babies.

hace 2 minutos, LupisV0lk dijo:

See this is the issue right now, all the salty sailors are lashing out at anyone who isn't crying or reeing with them.

Pitiful really.

Not crying at all, just making my point here. Nobody should impose how to play upon others for the sake of "balancing". The problem is nerfing when it should be buffing the stuff which is not good at the moment. As I said taking away stuff is always a bad thing instead of adding something. DE did design this system and left it in the game as it was for months, now they decided it is not working... maybe next time something should be tested more before launching it. I'm not even that mad about the changes itself, I'm disappointed in how much they double down on stuff to make it even for every player regardless of how much time/effort they put in the game.

Archived