Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

I don't see the point in Riven Disposition at this point.

It was introduced before the weapon revamps. Should not all Rivens give the same amount and the weapons be adjusted?

Changing Disposition just seems like playing with fire to me. If a Shotgun or similar weapon suddenly can't get 100% status and ruins a player's build they could be rightfully upset about a change they either spent a lot of time on and/or plat. Far more than the weapons themselves. This would also make it easier to adjust Prime / Wraith / Vandal variants in the future as you have a level play field to adjust.

The current situation just gives the appearance of a gimmicky " Get this. Oh now get this. " situation.

Most upset about the Plasmor dispo nerf tbh. It just became more relevant specifically because of arbitration drones. Seems too kneejerk. Also Viper and Akbolto dispo nerfs? Even with the best possible rivens the higher grade versions kill high level enemies slower than Akstiletto Prime. If anything Akbolto should have been raised.

Overall I'm glad DE chose not to obliterate the market. While it can be very scummy, many players have invested a lot of time and platinum into their rivens.

Instead of changing dispo by usage.... Change it by possible dps.... Are you really telling me you will not buff stuff that is beyond underpowered to reasonable stages but you are ok to leave stuff as tiberon and sicarus that high with the already high base stats ? 
Also rlly ? astilla nerf ? why!? 

Why you do this?... Now I am mad.

Most of my favorite weapons, nerfed, for real DE, WHAT THE HELL MAN?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz9KGGnS7A6-QAxsHmpl4

Also Nerf on the Vasto? WHY? if anything it needs a bloody buff.

I might be one of the few that still likes to use Vasto Prime even if people crap on it.

The riven hardly even help it at all.

[ For the people that don't know, I refuse to roll over a gazillion times just to get a GOD riven, most of my Rivens are average with maybe a good one or two. Any tiny change will ruin the builds. DE, NO ONE likes farming your KUVA and NO ONE likes ROLLING Rivens. How about fix the CRAP Riven Roll System first then we talk about Riven Nerfs. ]

Most of these changes are eminently sensible, but the Vasto nerf really confuses me. I've made that gun a project gun just to try and see if I can finally get it to be not-terrible, and the answer even before this nerf is still only 'maybe, a little bit, sorta.' 

Nerfs to various meta workhorses like the Tiberon, which has been my darling gun for a very long time, are absolutely fair. But guns like the Vasto which are almost completely unused and discarded in this day and age just strike me as a bit weird. 

1 minute ago, Kheprii said:

Most of these changes are eminently sensible, but the Vasto nerf really confuses me. I've made that gun a project gun just to try and see if I can finally get it to be not-terrible, and the answer even before this nerf is still only 'maybe, a little bit, sorta.' 

Nerfs to various meta workhorses like the Tiberon, which has been my darling gun for a very long time, are absolutely fair. But guns like the Vasto which are almost completely unused and discarded in this day and age just strike me as a bit weird. 

Agreed, I also love my Vasto and the riven hardly helped, if anything it needs a buff.

Throwing it out there. Good. This is good. You people who think you're Riven is worth thousands of Plat, you seriously need to slow you're roll. And face it, if you're one of the people who do buy those crazy prices, congrats. You played yourself and that mistake is on you. 

hace 1 minuto, Arrcee dijo:

Lots of people crying "NERF!" when it's only the dispositions that have changed? If you already have riven that you are happy with, how does this make any difference?

cause now many rivens are not even gonna be worth a slot 

Also, for all those that says rivens should be base only on stats and not popularity. It's based on BOTH. And for a reason, even if DE was the best developpers in the videogame industry, i don't think it is possible to create a perfect balance. Ultimately, with riven based on stats only you would only end up with a set of weapons which base stats+ riven stats are on the highest tier. That just screws the very purpose of rivens to begin with. The stats have to change. They HAVE TO;

2 minutes ago, Arrcee said:

Am I missing something? 

Lots of people crying "NERF!" when it's only the dispositions that have changed? If you already have riven that you are happy with, how does this make any difference?

"how does this make any difference?"... by making the riven less powerful? that was a silly question

Archived