Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

il y a 5 minutes, Shockwave- a dit :

This is why Rivens are cancer. I don't do rivens much at all because they are such a bad element in the game and they never should have been added in the first place. But here we are, I finally broke down and rolled up a few Rivens for weapons I use. Supra has become my main weapon. It's not OP compared to a number of weapons in the game, but now the riven I rolled up isn't as good (while say Tiberon is still a 5 disp?).

This just feels bad. Constant rebalancing of mods you had to grind Kuva to roll, get insanely lucky to roll anything good, and then boom, those rolls are gone. It's not about power, or being OP or any of that, it's about time investment and how it feels. The entire system is basically set up so that you will always feel bad. You will feel bad when you don't get the Rivens for the weapon you want (in a game with this many weapons). You will feel bad when you don't get the stats you want or even stats that are remotely good. (with what it is 35,000 combinations of stats). Then if you DO get lucky and roll a great riven for your favorite weapon. The disposition hammer comes down and you feel bad that you no longer have that roll.

All this so that people will use "other weapons" than the ones they have fun using. It now seems like the goal of DE is not that players have fun, but that players use the game items they spent time creating. If players don't want to use those items DE is going to make you use them. Dispositions needed to be changed on some weapons but they need to be locked. Freefloating changes to disposition just makes the entire system into a "why bother - it will all change next update anyway" kind of feeling. I can't imagine primed mods changing their stats every update (this month Primed continuity does less, next month it might be more... ).

I actually agree on the too extreme randomness of rivens, it does created a mostly negative environment around them. I think we should have the possibility,(through a somewhat easy to acquire, like a forma bp) object to lock at least one stat on a riven. Maybe also reduce the amount of riven needed to transmute them. In short, increase the chances of actually getting something close to what you want, and not play lottery once per day (if lucky) for what is almost always underwhelming results.

I understand that it does make money, but one it creates a gap between most players and those who can invest thousands of plats into it, and two it really makes people negative.

Also, make all sentinel weapons into their own category, it's clearly the most obvious (and looking at this thread, the most wanted) solution.

Could you add Sentinel Rivens as a separate (veiled) riven type, with very low droprate? Obviously the current system where a sentinel riven drops and ruins your day is pretty bad, but so is the proposed system where e.g. Artax rivens are worth 200p! There needs to be some way to get a trickle of sentinel rivens so that it's not a market of continuously inflating values for hoarders to dominate.

Might seem a bit heretical, but to be honest I think every riven needs adjusting down. The aim was to buff weaker weapons up so people have alternatives - instead we have a few weapons in the arsenal with reasonably rolled rivens which completely overshadow everything else, is that not the opposite of the desired effect?

Please don't throw out sentinel rivens entirely - lower the roll chance if you like but no they weren't a massive disappointment.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

I'm super happy they didn't touch kohm disposition, it would make getting 120 status chance on a 3 positive 1 negative kohm roll likely impossible.  

This is something many do not seem to get actually. there is this crazy gap with the Kohm where the tiniest of nerfs could have insane consequences to its strength with a riven.

So DE would nerf it, the use would plummet, followed by a buff again some time in the far future. Kinda unlike any other weapon.

I don't envy you trying to balance this atrocious system. It's so badly designed and implemented you have almost no tools for making it do it's original design goal of giving a boost to underutilized weapons. And its only going to get worse with time. You need to make rebuilding this system a priority before it turns into "Multi-shot was supposed use more ammo" levels of problems.

1. Players should be using more types existing resources to control the Re-rolling process
  2. Rivens should be Weapon Specific, not family name based.
  3. Rivens should be transmutable non-randomly into other types.
    1. Weapons in the same Name Family should have fairly easy requirements to shift them within the family.
    2. Rivens should be transmutable to a different Name Family in their Class (Rifle, Secondary, Melee, etc.) at a greatly increased price
    3. Rivens should be transmutable into a different Class as a long term play objective.

This would allow you to balance Rivens around INDIVIDUAL WEAPON performance. Previewing issues like the Strun family of Shotguns from happening.

This is the system that would have met your design objectives. This is the system Warframe needs ASAP before Rivens fester much longer.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

On another relevant note separate from these Disposition changes, we have removed Sentinel weapons from the Riven generation pool.

Oh boy, I don't like this at all especially with Moas using sentinel weapons. I hope ya'll revert this or make another way to get Sentinel Rivens

hace 8 minutos, (XB1)Erudite God dijo:

That's no waste. Those are still very good stats. 

Wanna buy it for 800p? I am pretty sure you don't.

It is not cool that something you have paid a good amount of plat for gets nerfed in just 3 days...

Anyone wanna buy it?

Look, I can’t speak for anyone but myself and my clique when I say as a Genuine Riven Collector I am highkey disappointed in this update. With regard to the riven disposition changes, what is the point in dropping for example a sicarus riven with 430% damage and 208% multi shot to anything below what it should be? And I’m not even going to mention the other 17 rivens that got nerfed just to make balance an acceptable achievement for all players. 

A lot of us put sweat, blood, and plat into this cancerous trade chat that we call “balanced” where half of us genuinely don’t mind spending 1000-3000p for a GOD ROLL MOD. 

But not for this. For this update I expect a change becvause I want my old riven(s) back. Or I expect 21,555 plat to be refunded to me because my whole riven inventory is more crooked than my cousins hairline at the moment. 

What u buy or sell a riven for is not DE business. Also people should stop blaming de for own mistake for gathering rivens to make plat off other ppl. And please add price limit like 1000  plat per riven. I have seen 10 000 p ingame trading amounts which is not normal. Its around 400 euros in real money. If something would be stabile and somewhat controlled then it would cause less problems and less drama.

wow ppl pay good money for plat for rivens for de to nerf them and make all rivens worth less ,so de is scanking everyone who purchases prime access for plat to buy rivens so they buy more prime access to buy better rivens, well uve lost my custom now i aint spending another penny to be scanked by de

1 minute ago, (PS4)Insomniacmob said:

Look, I can’t speak for anyone but myself and my clique when I say as a Genuine Riven Collector I am highkey disappointed in this update. With regard to the riven disposition changes, what is the point in dropping for example a sicarus riven with 430% damage and 208% multi shot to anything below what it should be? And I’m not even going to mention the other 17 rivens that got nerfed just to make balance an acceptable achievement for all players. 

A lot of us put sweat, blood, and plat into this cancerous trade chat that we call “balanced” where half of us genuinely don’t mind spending 1000-3000p for a GOD ROLL MOD. 

But not for this. For this update I expect a change becvause I want my old riven(s) back. Or I expect 21,555 plat to be refunded to me because my whole riven inventory is more crooked than my cousins hairline at the moment. 

I know the feel man, with the difference that I only bought unrolled rivens.

Still, going to the grind and trying to get lucky only for your riven collection go to hell is not fun at all...

People here are merely right about balancing things. If you can not see it, major nerfs applied to wheapons that already got much more stronger prime or other counterpart. But here lies problem, why in the world people will use weapons that was already bad with their original state with nerfed rivens. Only God of Random knows.

Using it's popular as a logic or a reason for nerfing things is terrible.

Yes I'm mad my favourite toys got nerfed. 

But like the fact is people are always going to find the best weapons with/without a riven and gravitate to them. that's not a reason to ner fthem. It's a reason to buff other things to make them more appealing.

Archived