Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

Also, to all of those whining about the nerfs, have you even checked your actual stats? Even on the harshest changes, the differencies are still minor. Why are you all acting like crybabies over it? Claiming you will uninstall the game or that you wasted thousands of plats. I thought this community was more mature than the League Of Legends one, and even they don't cry as much after a patch...

To be honest, if they really wanted to make a shift in the way people use and price rivens, nerfs and buffs had to be even harsher. As it is, I don't think it's gonna change a yota.

Just now, Ivar.C.Yormungand said:

Also, to all of those whining about the nerfs, have you even checked your actual stats? Even on the harshest changes, the differencies are still minor. Why are you all acting like crybabies over it? Claiming you will uninstall the game or that you wasted thousands of plats. I thought this community was more mature than the League Of Legends one, and even they don't cry as much after a patch...

go back to using your dads credit card to buy plat then

3 minutes ago, Ivar.C.Yormungand said:

To be honest, if they really wanted to make a shift in the way people use and price rivens, nerfs and buffs had to be even harsher. As it is, I don't think it's gonna change a yota.

still a nerf 

So my Soma Riven HAD

+72.4% Critical Chance

+54.7% Critical Damage

+46.4% Multishot

-18.3% Damage to Corpus

Now the Dispo got buffed 0.5->0.55 and the stats are 

+63.3% Critical Chance

+50.6% Critical Damage

+38% Multishot

-15.2% Damage to Corpus

WTF??????????

2 minutes ago, Ivar.C.Yormungand said:

Most of my rivens are average, so YEAH, this nerf was harsh.

No, I refuse to play slot machine (Screw Riven Roll) just to get a good riven, I rather go to Las Vegas and actually get something there.

The Arca Plasmor didn't need to be messed with. It's already extremely hard to get an Arca Plasmor riven that actually makes a big enough difference to be worth using. I have a riven with +crit chance, +multishot, and -status duration. An Arca Plasmor riven doesnt get much better than that, and it STILL doesn't even bring the gun anywhere near its former glory. And now my favorite gun just got weaker, AGAIN. Thanks.

You guys are so out of touch.

All riven stats should be set to a disposition of 4, and the whole disposition system removed. In theory it's a good system, in practice it isn't.
giving a trash weapon a 5 disposition isn't going to make it a good weapon. People don't use those weapons for a reason.
Disposition seems to be based on popularity, not on actual performance of a weapon. If it's based on performance of a weapon, then you're just nerfing the good ones that people use, and boosting the trash that people still won't use.
In other words, this just hurts older players. people MR 22+

I don't understand the overreaction of some here. Lowering by 0.2 (the maximum DE can nerf a riven) is negligible in most cases. Remember, 99% of the enemies in this game die with a single spin melee attack or a bullet to the head of any good weapon without the need of a riven.

The only weapons that notably get nerfed by such small changes would be shotgun type weapons where you have a riven that barely lets you get past the 100% SC. Example, if you have a Kohm riven with 120-123% SC and it gets nerfed to under 120%. In any other scenario, your 1 shot weapon will still 1 shot.

If you want to complain about something, complain that there is no challenge in this game where our rivens would actually be used.

Just now, Mati2g said:

So my Soma Riven HAD

+72.4% Critical Chance

+54.7% Critical Damage

+46.4% Multishot

-18.3% Damage to Corpus

Now the Dispo got buffed 0.5->0.55 and the stats are 

+63.3% Critical Chance

+50.6% Critical Damage

+38% Multishot

-15.2% Damage to Corpus

WTF??????????

But look it from bright side... Negative bonus has gone better 😄 u can deal 3% more dmg  to corpus now

I honestly do not agree with the sentinel riven removal. It’s always a little disappointing to get a riven for a weapon you don’t want, so why single out the sentinel rivens? And instead of giving people who had the sentinel rivens a new veiled riven as compensation or something, you’ve made them into a collectors item. 

Now if I really want to buff up and bling out my sentinel buddy with a riven, I don’t have that option (unless I want to pay through the nose in trade chat). And that is really pretty sad. 😞

Again, please reconsider the sentinel riven change and find some new way for those rivens to be implemented into the game.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Why remove sentinel weapon Riven Mods? Artax Riven mods are over 20k on PC.

All of these seem like very small increments. Does that mean more changes are to come?

Agreed, i'd rather see sentinel weapons get some "flavour" than see them totally abandoned on the riven front.

We currently have 2-3 truly special weapons (vulklok for damage, sweeper for status, deconstructor for the 1-2-3 punch) but the others could really use a little love and balancing to perform closer to their mechanical compatriots and animal friends

You nerfed Lato... are you for real? Lato was never god-tier even WITH a god-rolled riven mod, and you nerf it? Silly.

On top of this, you nerf another pistol that's in a very sorry state, arguably much harder to fix than Lato is: Vasto. None of these changes make sense.

You know if DE had based dispositions purely on weapon performance the system would have been a lot more balanced from the get go, taking popularity into account is never a good way to balance things out because even with rivens some weapons are far more 'end game' capable than most weapons even when using a riven. 

Archived