Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

So i get that D.E wants to change riven disposition but to nerf riven rolls ppl already have is not on. If someone drops 50k kuva into a riven and you guys nerf the roll how is that right i would fix this asap because the backlash is going to be big.. change the disposition im ok with that but dont touch my rolls.

9 minutes ago, SamDanvers said:

Using it's popular as a logic or a reason for nerfing things is terrible. It's a reason to buff other things to make them more appealing.

...which is exactly what Riven Dispositions do- they buff unappealing items to make them appealing.  I swear to god, it's like some of you think that the point of Rivens is solely to make your Tigris better.  It's not.  Your Tigris is already good enough.  Rivens/Dispositions exist to buff less desirable items.  Which is exactly what you say you want, yet you complain about the solution because it doesn't buff weapons that don't need buffing as much as it does weapons that DO need it.

Gamers are a confounding bunch.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Where is the kohm nerf? it was much more used than the Astilla!!

Pft, don't be fooled.  This change had nothing to do with game balance.  It was to appease a few people who wanted disposition changes and made daily threads about it.  The reason they didn't touch the top selling rivens like Kohm, because it's nothing to do with balance and just them trying to shut people up.

not gonna lie. im a little surprised at some of these and some that arnt here.

like lex not going up? maybe i missed it a whole lot but i havnt seen anyone use it in such a long time.

detron not going down? i see them quite often now days and was really surprised it didnt take a hit.

i mean you at DE have the numbers and all i have is anecdotal evidence. just seems a bit odd is all. 

I hate to say it but all the negative feedback, youve earned DE

Rivens were not implemented well, and youve dug yourself in a hole

People buy these things with a lot of plat, a lot of real money, it didnt have to be like this. You could have put Rivens in as a common reward for very little quest things

Im really sorry to say but, i hope you guys take your licks like men

Frankly, I find about 90% of the comments here baffling.  For the most part, they seem to be of the "I never read the official description of Rivens/Dispositions, so now I'm pissed off that DE is doing exactly what Rivens were designed for" variety.

Are people really unaware that the Disposition system was intended to buff weaker items at a higher rate than weapons that were already strong?    Most of what I'm seeing here is people complaining that their [insert FOTM weapon here] does .02 less damage now.  I highly doubt that means people will stop using their Meta-Blaster 2000.  It only means that you'll be able to find better Rivens for some of the more obscure weapons that were previously MR fodder.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Pft, don't be fooled.  This change had nothing to do with game balance.  It was to appease a few people who wanted disposition changes and made daily threads about it.  The reason they didn't touch the top selling rivens like Kohm, because it's nothing to do with balance and just them trying to shut people up.

Holy fuk if you're right, this guy spokes the truth here people.

2 minutes ago, Helm said:

I hate to say it but all the negative feedback, youve earned DE You could have put Rivens in as a common reward for very little quest things

...you mean like the daily Sorties, that take about 20 minutes and are easily doable by anyone who possesses a level 30 Warframe and opposable thumbs?

*sheese*.

il y a 1 minute, RezMyDeadbody a dit :

Frankly, I find about 90% of the comments here baffling.  For the most part, they seem to be of the "I never read the official description of Rivens/Dispositions, so now I'm pissed off that DE is doing exactly what Rivens were designed for" variety.

Are people really unaware that the Disposition system was intended to buff weaker items at a higher rate than weapons that were already strong?    Most of what I'm seeing here is people complaining that their [insert FOTM weapon here] does .02 less damage now.  I highly doubt that means people will stop using their Meta-Blaster 2000.  It only means that you'll be able to find better Rivens for some of the more obscure weapons that were previously MR fodder.

I'm thinking the same. It was literally the riven's primary description; "Disposition is subject to change with popularity"

The only change I find to be bad is the removal of sentinel weapon in the pool, my sweeper prime is doing god's work and I feel like I'm some sort of special kid with a toy I shouldn't have while others are forced to buy them at high prices.

Archived