Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

Sorry, but most of you riven sellers who are complaining about the changes besides a "nerf" to its disposition don't understand disposition to its fullest. As Voltage stated, it is literally a small increment drop on a few. Some don't make sense (why isn't Kohm nerfed again?) and some do (Rubico/Lanka/Opticor, and other top 20 used rivens from Semlar.com).

Artax + other sentinel weapons.. other than not being in the game anymore like P. Chamber so the price is skyrocketed, pretty much not used for anything else besides seeing how much plat someone owns.

There's such things like breakpoints. Example: Kohm needs 120% status chance on the riven to be able to fully function with it's highest capabilities with one element. If it dropped from 5 dispo to 4 dispo, then it wouldn't be able to reach 120% status chance anymore.

Besides a damage drop, literally nothing changed. Rivens will still maintain price. If you think any other sniper is better than Rubico, you should probably keep crying about the changes.

12 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

Why nerf Buzlok rivens...? Nobody even uses that weapon and it's so horrible

i use it on several builds. its very good. not tiberon prime good but its proly the second strongest AR. but i mean i see them not a lot but once a week id say. the gun has a cult following esp with rivens as strong as it had. if i let me slash procs roll in testing it can take out a 155 corrupted bombard in 8 or less bullets pending how lucky you get with HM procs. if you just shoot it till its dead its under generally under 15 bullets. its stupid good and i know for a fact im not the only person who mains it. every couple of months some youtuber tries it out and is like GD. the thing is my riven is just ok. glad i didnt spend 3k plat on one last night like i was thinking about doing.

Just now, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

He's right, weapons like the stug for example can't be saved even by disposition 5. I can say that because i have a godly stug riven and still sh1t.

Stug used to be one of the strongest guns in the game and was the meta for a long time, sad to see it drift into obscurity.

The point of Rivens are to even the playing field of weapons. So people like me can just out their Kraken on the sortie and watch people try to figure out WTH is going on. The number of people crying about their meta guns getting riven nerfs is insane. Also DE has access to way more data then we do on the use and effectiveness of weapons. The changes clearly aren't "random".

Removing the Sentinel Riven Mods doesn't make a lot of sense. Sure they weren't as powerful or easily useful as other rivens, but they give players more options for customization. It is not as if a bad pistol riven was light years ahead of a sentinel riven - and they already were pretty rare anyways. Removing them just makes existing ones become collectible or more valuable due to artificial scarcity. 

Also, I can understand why they might want to make some adjustments to riven disposition, but then why go and alter existing rivens? Players may have sunk a lot of plat and/or kuva into making, say, a Lanka riven really good, and then find that it was a huge waste. Sure, the market would change some before an announced disposition change, but it is not strictly "either we do it suddenly or else people will have an unfair advantage!" You could put some notice on the loading screen (with a message to see the forums for more information), and then still NOT mess with existing rivens. 

I hope DE will reconsider some of the changes they threw at us in this latest hotfix. 

Ill stop reading here, I had my fun looking at so many people crying about their stats. On a more serious note, while it WAS hilarious to see young adults turn into crybabies over it, there is two good points that need to be worked on:

1) Most of this backlash could have been avoided by reducing the randomness around the entire riven system. And that goes by making them more common to drop (and not once a day, if lucky) and also allwing players to more easily get the stats they want (by, for example, getting the ability to lock one of the stats, or even two)

2) Being more open and upfront about this change, and that means warning players much earlier, before making this change, as well as showing, for example, stats of weapon usage, , anything that would more specifically showcase why each changes happen. After all, each player experience is unique. For example, I don't see many Detron players, if not any, yet I'm sure this weapon (or at least the mara version) is very appreciated.

PS: oh and also, just make those damn sentinel rivens already. This solution seems so obvious I don't understand why it's not already in this patch yet.

Just now, Ivar.C.Yormungand said:

Ill stop reading here, I had my fun looking at so many people crying about their stats. On a more serious note, while it WAS hilarious to see young adults turn into crybabies over it, there is two good points that need to be worked on:

1) Most of this backlash could have been avoided by reducing the randomness around the entire riven system. And that goes by making them more common to drop (and not once a day, if lucky) and also allwing players to more easily get the stats they want (by, for example, getting the ability to lock one of the stats, or even two)

2) Being more open and upfront about this change, and that means warning players much earlier, before making this change, as well as showing, for example, stats of weapon usage, , anything that would more specifically showcase why each changes happen. After all, each player experience is unique. For example, I don't see many Detron players, if not any, yet I'm sure this weapon (or at least the mara version) is very appreciated.

yeah i agree on the lock in thing, similar to enchantments in d3

also reading about manchildren complaining that their gun that STILL 1 SHOTS got a 40% stat nerf was pretty entertaining

Archived