Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Tenno's Story

Dalan_K

Hello. If this topic isn't quite appropriate for this section of the forums please feel free to delete it. However, I wanted to say something about this game and about the team at DE.

Like a lot of Tenno I started on Warframe right when it came out. At the time it was a nice distraction, but after finishing the first quest I put it on the shelf. Then, last year someone suggested I dust it off and give it a try. So I went to that lonely icon in my games folder and did the old double-click.

Three. Hours. Later.

Suddenly, this game that had been a nice distraction had transformed into this immense world. Keep in mind I hadn't looked at Warframe for years, so the difference was night and day for me. After re-doing a few tutorials so I could get the hang of moving again, I was ready to get out there and be a good Tenno.

It's been a year now, and I can say without reservation that I've invested more into this game than any game I've ever played, and it's been worth every minute, every penny, and every sleepless night I've had. I can't think of a time when I had a 'bad day' in-game. There's always been some kind of objective to do, even if it's just to farm prime parts for ducets, but the gameplay is such that even something so mundane can be fun as hell. I mean come on...a heavily armored cyborg ninja bouncing around the place like some pinball of ultimate doom? What's not to love?

The Second Dream made me love the game even more with the twist, turning this into almost Herbert-level sci-fi. If you've read 'Dune,' then you know what I mean. Playing the game made me want to go out and learn more about the lore, and the more I found out the more I loved this game.

However, the Sacrifice made me hate something...or rather...someone. A good villain is someone you can absolutely hate and hope they get their comeuppance. And oh, Ballas is a very...VERY...good villain. The story took such a deliciously dark turn that I'm left now craving the resolution to it (I've played chimera, but I don't think we've seen the last of him).

And now, as Fortuna is dropping, I'm wondering how many more facets will be added to the lore gemstone of Warframe. You guys are the masters of 'hold my beer' when it comes to content surprises, so when this thing finishes downloading, I can only imagine what's waiting for all of us.

I want to thank all of DE for not only creating Warframe, but for sticking with it. I've had a few games pull me into their worlds, but nothing like this. You've carefully crafted an immense, dark world for us to explore, and I can't thank you enough. I just hope that at next year's TennoCon that I'll have the opportunity to say this in person and shake your hands while doing it.

• 1 month later...

My man! THIS:

On 2018-11-08 at 11:21 PM, Dalan_K said:

The Second Dream made me love the game even more with the twist, turning this into almost Herbert-level sci-fi. If you've read 'Dune,' then you know what I mean. Playing the game made me want to go out and learn more about the lore, and the more I found out the more I loved this game.

Maybe it's cos I'm rereading Dune right now (ahead of Denis Villeneuve's adaptation; so psyched for it!) while I'm discovering Warframe for the first time... But I just finished The Second Dream and The War Within over the last couple of days, and I couldn't shake the Dune/Herbert feeling I got from it! Glad I'm not the only one, and would be curious to see if the devs were as influenced by Dune as I think they were/are...

Can't believe this thread hasn't gotten more love, though! Update the title and put "Dune" in it! 😉