Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kill the biggy spider?

Bombarder0

Anyone noticed that when you switch to operator mod, the Orb (the Profit-Taker one) emit noises ?

I've tryied multiple things, and it kinda look to me like some sentient-styled resistant that you have to turn off with amp usage. (but can't go below the 25%)

i just took About 1/3 of  Health or Shield from the Profit taker. in hindsight, im Pretty sure that was Cold weather aswell. after a while, i couldnt get any shots to Damage it anymore, so i assumed i reached another Phase of the fight, but it also could have been the weather. will continue to attack it once ist Cold again

Edited by Eisdschungel

I was thinking that maybe the key to bring those colossus down is to bring colossus guns, Archwing guns should be available "soon (TM)". You show up in front of them with your 6 forma grattler and start letting loos on everything that moves, this might remove shields but open a new phase were archguns might be an hindrance. This would allow for more specialized teams. I know, I'm a dreamer

On 2018-11-12 at 5:04 PM, Olphalarepth said:

I was thinking that maybe the key to bring those colossus down is to bring colossus guns, Archwing guns should be available "soon (TM)". You show up in front of them with your 6 forma grattler and start letting loos on everything that moves, this might remove shields but open a new phase were archguns might be an hindrance. This would allow for more specialized teams. I know, I'm a dreamer

Actually I think you're correct.  An item or an Arcane for the Archwing hand cannon (with a trade-off) for killing those things makes perfect sense for a new mechanic. Of course this has been hinted at in devstreams before with no assertions, but it's clear now where it's going.  It sure feels like DE needs more time for polish or something else took priority.

Rebecca stated in a stream they are not killable yet and that "the backroom" is where they are planning to fight it. It's likely ready to fight considering you can start a battle with it, they're probably just putting some quests together first.

What me and my team have seen so far by poking at the thicc 3 legged boi for a few hours:

• It occasionally emits a green aura around itself as if it's healing
  • Shoots mortars at you when 4+ support beacons are placed within range of it
  • Occasionally takes damage but adapts to it until you can no longer deal damage (and then adaptation resets a few minutes later allowing you to deal damage again).
  • Upon 50% health on the legs (they all currently share damage) and/or 70%ish health on the body, it's completely invulnerable. (It's likely supposed to enter another stage/form of attacking at this point but locked due to it not being ready).

But yea, it's not killable yet. Up until Rebecca said it was not killable I was running around the Vallis for a good 2 days trying to discover a non-existent trigger with all the monuments on the map lmao.

Edited by HexJ

• 4 weeks later...