Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inspiration Hall reduction

Artiamus

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • The following Dojo rooms have received a quantity cap (Clans that currently exceed the cap will keep them):
  • The Inspiration Hall now has a max quantity of 3

Was wondering the reasoning behind this one. I expect it has something to do with loading and lag issues but it would be nice to have a defined answer.

I personally for one feel a bit let down about this. I've got two of them setup already that I've got plans for and have been working on setting up another floor over the last few weeks so I could have a few more. Now I've got a large square of hallways that I'm not going to be able to do anything with.

I think a similar sort of blank room, one for each of the smaller sizes, is most definitely needed. As it is I keep having to spend time and resources laying down a flat floor in one particular sand room to give myself a flat surface to build on. Between things in the corner and an uneven floor the majority of rooms are completely unusable for 95% of builds.

These rooms were new Outlets of creativity. Finally a big Space to Work with thats not the observatory with its Lighting problemy and the need to out of bounds to Build. The fact thats its now limited just recreates the same Problem the old Clan halls had. You can only Build so many of them, afterwards your Room choise is restricted to Observatory or not Building your Project at all, if you required space.

Regarding the blanks of all sizes, those are dearly needed. The Inspiration Hall seems like a new era for decorators, less Limited then we were before.  Now its back to Square One i guess and i Really Hope these changes get reverted

Edited by Eisdschungel

Given the recent ruckus about the Dojo Remaster, the competition and the incredible outlet for creativity among clans, one would think that such a desicion would have at least an explanation. I mean, in our clan we where admist a multiple inspiration halls decoration with lots of interconnected parts, and this basically screw us up.

Please, we'll understand if this is to balance things out in terms of optimizing servers, just reach out and speak to this little niche audience that likes to make grandiose things with the tools given to us.

I would also like to know as I made a castle and would like to make more castles.

of course we all know it's loading/lag related, 4 obstacle courses maxed used to cause loading problems. They fixed it in that one update, so maybe we'll get an update in the future that lets us make as many as we want

My clan prefers to finish out our current rooms before building new ones, which usually means filling the existing ones to near capacity. Being capped at 3 inspiration halls really stifles our creativity and makes us feel like we're punished for not pre-building a huge number of them. 3 really is too little.

I'm a dojo of one...I really wish DE would allow us to condense a dojo down to one or two halls like the inspirational hall, but with two decks so I can put reactors on one level and the clan tech on the other and have a obstacle course at the end door and I guess the useless oracle room on the other end door...prerequisite rooms suck,,,

Inspirational Halls broke the game in regards to dojo capacity.

You build one for 100+ room capacity for only 2 energy drain I think it is, then you build a reactor for -10 capacity and 25+ energy... I think my numbers are off but it creates a gap for a ridiculous amount of capacity.

I actually found out there was a total room cap from spam building the inspirational halls, I have since reduced ours down to 23. 

5 часов назад, (XB1)Kuljack сказал:

Inspirational Halls broke the game in regards to dojo capacity.

They could reduce the amount of capacity given by Inspiration Halls or even make them consume capacity points instead of adding - and this could be much better solution. Also we still have total dojo room cap, and Inspiration Halls can't give the opportunity to build more rooms than this cap allows.

1 hour ago, Eisdschungel said:

Something that helps creativity should Never be considered game breaking. Off we have no Clue how much a fully decorated Inspiration Hall dojo strains Hardware (Infos on that would be nice) but otherwise there is no reason to not revert that change

I agree with this, but at some point I imagine it drains server space a lot.

I once visited a dojo, Odin's Children or something like that, that had every room available with over 20 fully decorated rooms with little creations and décor. Even the hallways were fully decorated to the teeth, it took me 5 minutes to load into the dojo and 2 attempts to escape. I have excellent internet speed for down/up, so it was evident that a heavy dojo on content will cause some baggage, if everyone has the time to build such lovely dojo's there would have to be a point where it becomes too much, but I don't have much knowledge on the drain either.

16 часов назад, (XB1)Kuljack сказал:

it took me 5 minutes to load into the dojo and 2 attempts to escape

Our dojo is densely decorated, and it doesn't take that much time to load in, but I noticed loading problems with other fully decorated dojos - especially with contest winners. I don't know, how it works.

Personally no Loading issues with any dojo i ever visited.  Some might Take longer, but not enough that i said "Hey, thats taking way to long". And normally, wouldnt People stop Building once they Need to load ages (im often starting Mission in the obs instead of my orbiter, so for me the Effect would be instantly feelable)? Or if Clan members report issues? At least some Info on Why they decided to do One of the biggest losses for builders would be nice

1 hour ago, Uta_Redhead said:

Our dojo is densely decorated, and it doesn't take that much time to load in, but I noticed loading problems with other fully decorated dojos - especially with contest winners. I don't know, how it works. 

The loading problems used to be caused by having at least 2-3 max capacity custom obstacle courses. That is using all the capacity available. DE was able to patch it so it's not as much of a problem, though for those few people with potatos for pcs are still having trouble, though most potato pc people don't.

• 3 weeks later...

hoping this gets heard... i had built 4 inspiration halls pre-update and had plans to make more of them to make the dojo feell more open for the members of my clan. i was also going to use them so i coulld build rooms for each of my clan members... i only needed 2 more halls for that. these halls were as they were called "inspiration halls" because the possibility to build them made you inspired to rennovate your entire dojo. i sure did actually rennovate it. when i found out today i couldnt build any more of those halls...well it wasnt a happy moment. DE if you would please increase the cap limit. i am happy you did make them spawn rooms and thank you for that...but it would be nice to have more of than just 3 and rotate them for spawns. please reverse this!

• 4 weeks later...

This is terrible:( 3 is not an even number, and it strongly removes the freedom of designing in the dojo, if you have more people who'd like to have their own hall as well.

The restriction will most likely block the development of every new dojo, which could become built from now on. New players and new decorators, growing clans, will have it as an disadvantage in compare to other greater clans. And greater clans won't do anything about the existing dojo, will never work on them, knowing the limit, nobody would even try to correct how the dojo on map looks like, and build around it again. So people will stop building in their dojos, and new players, developing clans, will never get to the level of already grown clans.