Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Rivens

lexandritte

Hey. 

Posting this here since it's a part of Fortuna update.

First of all, I'm glad to see rivens finally being rebalanced. I know there's going to be a lot of salt out there for you to deal with, but with me for every riven going down I had another riven go up. 

Now, about them sentinel rivens...

I'm one of those weirdos who really likes the hovering little killboxes, and I max them out as much as possible, sinking more forma into them than in most warframes or weapons. If I only use two sentinels but fifteen frames it makes sense to max the common utility between them, right?

I'm also lucky in that I have rivens, from sorties, not trade, for most common sentinel weapons. Sweeper, deconstructor, vulklok, burst rifle. I was really looking forward to putting my overpowered vulklok on new MOAs. I'm lucky in that I get to keep that riven, but now it feels like an artifact that I have to hold on to for dear life.

I understand why sentinel rivers got removed from the pool, but it feels like a hammer solution, not a scalpel. There's still sentinel riven users like me and our market got really damn exclusive overnight.

Just make a separate riven category for them. Take that riven category out of sorties pool if you want, and give it to Legs as a weekly reward, or something. 

Please, please don't nuke sentinel rivens, it goes so against the flow with all the major improvements you dropped for pets in sentinels in this update. 

Thank you for your understanding, and I wish you luck in this rough next couple of weeks, DE.

Get my energy!

Edited by lexandritte

Can you add sentinel rivens as their own category of mods? At least you know there will be a sentinel weapon riven inside it when you open it. Cause otherwise the currently existing sentiel riven mod prices will skyrocket just like the artax rivens did when they were taken out

39 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Well I'm angry... I have sunk a bit of plat endo and kuva into my sentinal rivens and now they aren't just removed from the drop table, they are removed from the game... all my sentinal rivens are gone... I feel rather robbed here

The sentinel rivens were removed from drop tables, not the game. If yours are missing, it's a bug.

I'll never understand the removing of content that works. I would love to have some rivens for sentinels, but hadn't gotten around to trading for them and now the will be outlandish in price. They could have done something other than outright removing content players use. Also changes like this encourage players to hoard items because of a random change can just eliminate them from the tables making them extremely rare.

Edited by vomder

These rivens nobody wanted to buy for 10p now sell for hundreds of plats and probably thousands soon. Isn't that wonderful? Why would DE make them available for free via missions or vendors instead? That doesn't sound like the most profitable idea.

Edited by Robolaser

On 2018-11-09 at 9:10 PM, Robolaser said:

These rivens nobody wanted to buy for 10p now sell for hundreds of plats and probably thousands soon. Isn't that wonderful? Why would DE make them available for free via missions or vendors instead? That doesn't sound like the most profitable idea.

This exactly. They make things exclusive to make players waste thousands of plat to obtain those things, regardless of the things being useless anyway... It's marketing.