Sunpoint Plasma Drill

Drazgoth

12 минут назад, (PS4)robotwars7 сказал:

yes, the mining mechanics are the same in both landscapes, and the cutter was intended to improve mining for everyone.

bet you still gotta grind a huge amount of rep for it though...

2500 rep only. there is only one cutter with no tiers, very cheap. 

5 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

2500 rep only. there is only one cutter with no tiers, very cheap. 

oh, well that's good to know. one less major grind to worry about.

could it be that that DE actually reduced the grind? I mean I'm glad, but also a bit shocked.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

6 часов назад, (PS4)robotwars7 сказал:

oh, well that's good to know. one less major grind to worry about.

could it be that that DE actually reduced the grind? I mean I'm glad, but also a bit shocked.

this shocked me too,idk dude. this is so strange. I was ready for like “farm 5lvls of reputation and get cutter” things...=/ 

25 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Can the Solaris cutter dig Eidolon gems out? If so, they might as well remove Advanced Nosam Cutter from the game and refund the standing cost...

Yes. random nodes have a second mini bracket, hitting that on ore nodes gives gems, and hitting it on a Gem node is almost always a Sentirum or Nyth.

49 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Can the Solaris cutter dig Eidolon gems out? If so, they might as well remove Advanced Nosam Cutter from the game and refund the standing cost...

Yep. Came across a gem node while finding  caches for Thursby. Used my Improved cutter and got some weird gem I can't remember the name of.

Looks like both Solaris Cutter and Advanced Nosam Cutter is the same.
-I tested it and both cutters can dig every gem on both eidolon plains and orb vallis.
-Also when u see small bracket and u hit it, u get always rare gem. You can get few rare gems when u hit few small brackets on one node. 
-Those brackets can be found both on blue and red ores.
-I found Nyth Gem even without small bracket on red ore.

Its all awesome, i got 3 nyth and 7 sentirum in literally 5 min on plains of the eidolon without kavat/booster and without even entering caves.

20 hours ago, Drazgoth said:

Will this new wondrous invention be able to be use on the Plains of Eidolon?

Yes it is, and in case someone is wondering, the fishing rod does not work on the plains, but the plains rods do work on the vallis, even though it damages the robofish.

Edited by Vanille

Wondering how it's "easier to use", exactly, other than it's seemingly equivalent to the top-tier Cetus one at significantly lower standing cost.

Am curious if it's legitimately identical (in which case that's for collection and can be ignored till much later) or if it's got some advantage that the Cetus top one doesn't have. Also wondering why anyone would bother with the Cetus ones if the Fortuna one is cheaper and equivalent to top-tier (unless part of the second update is gonna be to merge down all the Cetus mining tools).

On 2018-11-08 at 5:02 PM, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

Does it have the same ore detection capabilities as the advanced nosam cutter though? I was able to get it, but had to go off before I could test it out.

Its objectively worse, as the advanced nostrum cutter cannot mine venus arcane gems, but the sunpoint can mine earth arcane gems.

It seems that the mining "quality" (the five gem indicator) is somewhat random with the Sunpoint even when landing in all the zones. While you could reliably get a perfect mine with the Nosam.

But as I've not used the Nosam in a long time now I'm unsure if a higher quality job averages more ore/gems per node than the Sunpoint can. But then again since the "bonus gem" feature is exclusive to the Sunpoint and one vein can get multiple bonuses I suspect the Sunpoint does net more on average.

Buuut the Nosam might have a wider detection radius then the Sunpoint, kinda annoying to test this though since you can't take both tools at once.

On 2018-11-09 at 2:18 PM, Eirshy said:

Wondering how it's "easier to use", exactly, other than it's seemingly equivalent to the top-tier Cetus one at significantly lower standing cost.

Am curious if it's legitimately identical (in which case that's for collection and can be ignored till much later) or if it's got some advantage that the Cetus top one doesn't have. Also wondering why anyone would bother with the Cetus ones if the Fortuna one is cheaper and equivalent to top-tier (unless part of the second update is gonna be to merge down all the Cetus mining tools).

It mines slightly slower than the Nosam, making it easier to hit the marks.

1 hour ago, Zavenosk said:

Its objectively worse, as the advanced nostrum cutter cannot mine venus arcane gems, but the sunpoint can mine earth arcane gems.

I feel bamboozled.

Grats to everyone who didn't have to go through the cetus stuff I guess.

Edited by Vesiga

On 2018-11-09 at 2:02 AM, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

Does it have the same ore detection capabilities as the advanced nosam cutter though? I was able to get it, but had to go off before I could test it out.

assuming that info I was provided with is correct (never got to grind adv. nosam cutter out) it even has better detection capabilities - because once you are close enought (not sure whats the range on that one) it'll mark nodes on your minimap (friend told me that adv nosam cutter does not do that)

so basically fortuna throws at you very cheaply plasma drill that is outdoing tier4 rep-locked cutter from PoE....

6 hours ago, trst said:

It seems that the mining "quality" (the five gem indicator) is somewhat random with the Sunpoint even when landing in all the zones. While you could reliably get a perfect mine with the Nosam.

What I have heard, supported by my own attempts, is that you get a maximum rating when you hit the exact centre of the temperature zone. I've gotten pretty good at the tracing but I'm not as good at timing minigames, so I'm seeing an overall decrease in rating, but I don't really mind much. I still like the new mining method.