Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good News: Wraith Is A Shotgun With A High Crit Chance

Nenesse

So it's awesome with a crit build, which is super cool because it's the first one.

Bad news: Holy crap please nerf this thing. This motherf*cker of a gun is equal to most top tier weapons, and probably better in some situations.

Edited by Nenesse

It had 50% crit chance.

It is now 20%.

The nerf has already happened. I even think that would be too much of a nerf.

Not a nerf. It was a mistake. Crit chance of 20 is still higher than any other shotgun. Also equal to sniper rifles.

Wraith is easily one of the top tier weapons in the game. Wouldn't be problem except for one thing. A lot of the other "great" guns are locked by mastery rank, AND are crazy expensive (dojo weapons like the supra for example). Does it need a nerf? Yes, to compensate for it being so silly easy to get. Either reduce crit chance to be equal to sniper rifles (20% I think), get rid of the polarity slot, OR reduce pellets per shot or shots per clip. 

One or two of the above changes could make this gun one of the better guns without being crazy good as it is. I mean, I freaking soloed a pluto mission with this UNRANKED. 

EDIT: As many of you pointed out, sniper rifles stand at a 20% crit rate. Edited the above numbers to match that. I still stand by my point though, which is that it's too good (for the amount of effort you put in). Sure, it may be the first shotgun that can compete with other weapons, but this kind of weapon should NOT be so easy to get. Mastery rank 0?  20 minutes on survival? Too easy. Could have set it to rank 4 with the sobek and hek, and locked it in the inventory until that rank was obtained. Could have made it be more than 20 minutes. My concern isn't about the crit rate, but about how easy it is to a weapon that stands out so much so easily.

Edited by michaelwii

Not a nerf. It was a mistake. Crit chance of 20 is still higher than any other shotgun. Also higher than sniper rifles.

Wraith is easily one of the top tier weapons in the game. Wouldn't be problem except for one thing. A lot of the other "great" guns are locked by mastery rank, AND are crazy expensive (dojo weapons like the supra for example). Does it need a nerf? Yes, definitely. Either reduce crit chance to be equal to sniper rifles (15% I think), get rid of the polarity slot, OR reduce pellets per shot or shots per clip. 

One or two of the above changes could make this gun one of the better guns without being crazy good as it is. I mean, I freaking soloed a pluto mission with this UNRANKED. 

A mistake which then nerfed it's ability to deal damage as efficiently.

A nerf is a nerf, mistake, intended, etc. Just like Venom. It was a bug, but it is also a nerf.

Not a nerf. It was a mistake. Crit chance of 20 is still higher than any other shotgun. Also higher than sniper rifles.

shotgun_versin2_251.png
Its still outclassed by many dojo weapons. All other weapons can do full damage at any range and don't scatter. Shotgun mods are lower % than other weapon mods. Crit chance Rifle up to 150%, pistol 120%. shotgun at a whopping 90%. Its crit damage boost is no better than pistols at 60% while rifles go up to 120%

The thing to carry away from this is all shotguns suck and this is the first decent one.
Edited by Firetempest

Wraith is easily one of the top tier weapons in the game. Wouldn't be problem except for one thing. A lot of the other "great" guns are locked by mastery rank, AND are crazy expensive (dojo weapons like the supra for example). Does it need a nerf? Yes, definitely. Either reduce crit chance to be equal to sniper rifles (15% I think), get rid of the polarity slot, OR reduce pellets per shot or shots per clip. 

My opinion: Reduce its fire rate to being like the Hek or slower, maybe reduce its clip, and yes remove its polarity slot.

Because I want it to still be the KABOOM point blank shotgun with massive damage.

Edited by Nenesse

This is what shotguns should be like. Because you have to be close range.  And the mods are not that good vs something like pistols or rifles. Example u need 2 mods to get 150% dmg vs the 1 mod to get 165% with serration or 220% for pistols.

Edited by MindlessWar

Crit chance of 20 is still higher than any other shotgun. Also higher than sniper rifles.

Feel free to point out exactly which sniper rifles have a crit chance of less than 20%.

On a more on-topic note, it's refreshing to finally have a Shotgun that actually gets good benefit from crit mods.

You do realize that most sniper rifles in the game have 20% crit right? Check the wiki, man. Actually, they all have 20%, so yeah. Do more research when you post stuff.  Also, it's a shotgun, it is extremely less damaging from farther than 10 to 20 meters away, where as all other high crit chance weapons have no damage drop off whatsoever.

Just because its "limited edition" doesn't mean its allowed to be game breaking, oh and you forgot, 20 minutes over 4 days? everyone has it

Nah, just 10 minutes ago I read a thread started by someone who was complaining he didn't have 20 minutes to spare over the 4 days to get the weapon.

Nah, just 10 minutes ago I read a thread started by someone who was complaining he didn't have 20 minutes to spare over the 4 days to get the weapon.

Well i didn't mean everyone ;) just the majority, just look at the wikia poll 67 people who voted didn't get to play, but there are still over 2000 that did get to do it!

That's not how damage is handled at all. Each of the pellets of the shot is it's own "shot". They all crit individually. You're also using two extreme extremes, a non-modded gun not critting, and a fully modded gun critting all ten pellets plus multishot.

So let us do it right then. 190 damage base. 10 pellets. Each pellet then does 19 damage. Add point blank to raise this to 36.1 per pellet. With blunderbuss, the strun wraith has a 38% crit chance, which results in roughly 4 of the 10 pellets critting.

Thus:

Base damage: 19

Point blank: 36.1

Critical hit: 33.25

Ravage critical hit: 53.2

PB Critical: 63.175

PB Rav Critical: 101.08

No crit% mod:

Average pellet: 21.85

Average pellet (Point blank): 41.515

Average pellet (Ravage): 34.96

Average pellet (PB+Rav): 49.096

Blunderbuss:

Average pellet: 24.415

Average pellet (Point blank): 46.3885

Average pellet (Ravage): 31.996

Average pellet (PB+Rav): 60.7924

Using maxed out point blank, ravage, and blunderbuss results in a per pellet increase in around 178% over normal critical chance and damage shots. This results in an average fire of 607.924 damage per trigger pull if all pellets connect versus the base of 218.5. A typical real shot will have 4 crits with the modded gun, and 6 non-critical shots, resulting in a shot of 620.92 before mitigation.

It's substantial for sure, but it's meant to be. This takes three maxed out mods and 27 mod power worth of space. Sniper rifles and fully charged bows have the same 20% critical chance, but have much more significant damage, crit chance and crit damage mods.

Personally, I'm not sure spending three mod slots and half of my potential space is worth it for to just under triple my damage, when I could be using things like blaze or accelerated blast which multiply the entire formula and are more consistent. A 20% crit chance rifle would absolutely be worth using the crit mods, but shotgun crit mods are not nearly as potent, nor is there a hammer shot equivalent.

Edited by Zamte

That's not how damage is handled at all. Each of the pellets of the shot is it's own "shot". They all crit individually. You're also using two extreme extremes, a non-modded gun not critting, and a fully modded gun critting all ten pellets plus multishot.

Personally, I'm not sure spending three mod slots and half of my potential space is worth it for to just under triple my damage, when I could be using things like blaze or accelerated blast which multiply the entire formula and are more consistent. A 20% crit chance rifle would absolutely be worth using the crit mods, but shotgun crit mods are not nearly as potent, nor is there a hammer shot equivalent.

What I meant to do, and forgot to, is compare a gun critting 40% of the time vs. the same gun never critting. So yes, my numbers there were kind of pointless.

Regardless, the meaning of the Strun Wraith's 20% crit chance was not the point: the point is that this gun has a certain je ne sais quoi that lets it wreck S#&$ at level 15 without any formas. Really.

What I meant to do, and forgot to, is compare a gun critting 40% of the time vs. the same gun never critting. So yes, my numbers there were kind of pointless.

Regardless, the meaning of the Strun Wraith's 20% crit chance was not the point: the point is that this gun has a certain je ne sais quoi that lets it wreck S#&$ at level 15 without any formas. Really.

Yeah, it's a really good shotgun. It's not as good as you're portraying it though. You're saying an ideally modded weapon is insanely strong compared to an unmodded one. We know this, and it should be.

Shotguns in general are kind of subpar right now, largely due to the mods being weaker. If we ever were to get a research shotgun or something that deals well with armor, or have the mods buffed, then the strun wraith would probably be a bit too strong. With the existing mods though it still comes in below most of the good rifles and pistols.

Bad news: Holy crap please nerf this thing. This motherf*cker of a gun is equal to most top tier weapons, and probably better in some situations.

Shut up. Finally we got decent shotgun to fight against crowds of high-level enemies. And you want to nerf it? Are you idiot?

If you think it's so OP for you, just don't use it. There are enough pointless nerfs in this game because of whining babies like you.

PS: Don't cry hek-guys. Your gun is still good enough.

Edited by AntLion

Shut up. Finally we got decent shotgun to fight against crowds of high-level enemies. And you want to nerf it? Are you idiot?

If you think it's so OP for you, just don't use it. There are enough pointless nerfs in this game because of whining babies like you.

PS: Don't cry hek-guys.

Nice post. No real points. Insults others.

PS: Don't cry hek-guys.

'We' being those of us who participated in the event.

Everyone who joined after this can enjoy having shotguns that are only decent against crowds of low level enemies.