The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the "meta" for fortuna bounties rn?

Bombarder0

For bounties I found for now, just run with standard high level content gear goes all the way, otherwise Rhino is a safe pick as is Zephyr if you know how to survive with each of them. The real trick is learning the new enemy attacks and how to do the bounty objectives. We haven't gotten them all solved yet so take some time to learn.

Just now, DraikTempest said:

If you're having trouble dying, invest in survivability mods and bring a healer.  The Corpus hurt, especially in higher level bounties.

A lot of people forget this. We don't fight corpus often enough at mid to high levels (Mid-game level is like, level 40-60 right?) so people tend to forget how they are to fight, and in the close quarters of Corpus maps we tend to find them a lot easier than in the open spaces of the Orb Vallis.

Same as Plains of Eidolon?

Something tanky like Rhino, Frost or Gara...anything with good defensive abilities.

Enemies are pretty easy to kill (when they're not levitating, parkouring etc.) but there are just so many of them. Plus the whole knockdown thing...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

As always for these lind of RNG based instanced missions you want something that is beefy enough to take some jits, has some CC and/or some point defence capabilities, and maybe a bit of DPS on the side. 

I'd say Rhino, Gara, Frost, Nezha, Mesa, Khora, Volt, Nyx, Nova, Limbo, Excalibur all do a pretty good job at whatever mission you can do. There are probably more but from memory those are the ones I'd take to a bounty to make sure nothing goes awry. 

As for Archwing it's either Itzal for pure mobility, or Amesha for support. It works great to stay in the air and do your tjing with AoE guns while you keep up all its buffs and the healing beacon. 

Any frame is fine. If you're dying, your build is just bad, or your play is bad. 

I've been mostly using Saryn, but Frost is also nice and better than limbo since he can actually cover all the extractors.  Mesa is as always a strong dps, Trinity offers great support and energy. Oberon offers some nice healing and armor while also making a bit of breathing room as enemies get rad proc'd. Inaros has nice cheap long duration cc. 

Really, any frame is fine. Just play well. 

Most of the fortuna bounties are defence based so my preference is Frost or limbo.  As for weps I like to carry a sniper,  ideally rubico prime for its good firerate and damage.  It helps get those ships and pesky nullifier bubbles. The melee and secondary is up to you,  I carry a zaw and pyrana prime.  So far this setup has been running like a charm. 

I've only done them solo. For the higher ones you definitively want something tanky, otherwise you'll have to bullet jump non stop and spam health pizzas. No matter how good you are, you can never be 100% aware of every single spawn around you. It is doable with squishy frames, of course, but being able to mitigate damage makes it all a lot less stressful. 

That being said, the main difference with PoE bounties is that beyond just killing everything, we now have variations of open world interception and spy missions, so CC and stealth are important, too. 

A balanced Rhino, an assimilate Nyx or Oberon were good choices for me so far. I've had a harder time with Ash, needing to abuse stealth and Bladestorm. Mesa with around 200% duration, 145% strength and decently modded regulators is faceroll op as always. 

Fortunately we do not have frames that mix invisibility and tankiness, so overall I've been focusing my builds for the regular missions, and doing spy ones the standard way without cheese, or using the operator. 

Edited by Antiphoton

Surprised no one mentioned Octavia yet. She's pretty tanky in the sense that she can distract the enemies and stay invisible. The only thing she sucks at is getting to alert level 4 and keeping it there, but if you're just after the bounties, that's not the problem.

Nezha is also a very good choice, but I use Nezha for almost everything, so may not be a good judge here. Also, Mag, but it's a similar story.

I found a max range khora with augment + adaptation pretty good.    The kitty can keep targets healed and your dome helps as well.  Your #2 + #1 with the augment is a murder machine.    Throw in a solid sniper and staticor and you pretty much have a complete toolkit.  

As for energy..the amount of poly you earn in Fortuna is crazy.   I cannot spend it fast enough unless I use my phone foundry to keep up.  This has literally made the classic poly farm borderline pointless (which is a good thing IMO).  

Edited by Chappie1975

Personally my go to is my Negation Swarm / Adaption Inaros  (with r2 Grace and guardian).Survives pretty much everything and cant be Knocked down while not depending on energy like other frames

For damage a secondary/ melee to kill them and a sniper to prevent dropships from bringing in more troops.

In Case of Spy, operators can do it without issue

Im mainly solo and manage Everything without issues safe from excavations where i let one die, otherwise this setup gets the Bonus objective bout 80% of the time

Not so experienced in Orb Vallis so far, but I'm sure the difference is insignificant.

For lower level bounties I prefer Mesa for crowd killing capabilities and decent tanking. For primary I go with Rubiko or Lanka for killing dropships. Secondary can vary, but better be high fire rate corrosive for stripping armor(may be irrelevant for Corpus units). Melle is something with health regen.

If I see that Mesa's tank becomes too weak or frustrating, I switch to Wukong. With him you are pretty much immortal but killing things takes more time. For secondary I switch to Staticor (high fire rate corrosive build) for its nice AoE (and launching corpses into orbit) everything else is unchanged.

Clearly, in the frozen tundra of Orb Vallis, you should be using Ember. She's the only logical choice, don'tcha know?

But really, you'll want arcane guardian if you wanna try it, nothing in her normal build will handle Orb, sadly. 

Also, any frame which relies on abilities at close range will have to contend with the frequency of nullifier shields, use of weapon attacks are necessary. 

On a side note, has anyone tried the other Archwings as a primary? I'm curious about how their abilities could compete in battle. 

If it's anything like PoE then Mesa for high speed radial killing. She's a lot tankier now too with Adaptation. 

My set up goes like this: Rubico or any high powered weapon to kill dropships. Furis w/ augment for instant heals. Zenistar for area denial. Itzal for speed transport. Mesa takes care of the rest.

1 hour ago, Dabnician said:

280% Range/180% Duration Limbo, Meta for everything

Max range Limbo into Dorpus, what could go wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I personally just take Octavia, imo best overall for all kind of bounties.

You have to defend a point? Mallet.
You have to capture a point while denying the enemy another one? Mallet.
You're being swarmed and you want to get enemies off you? Mallet.
You have to defend two excavators? Mallet(s).
You have to sneak in their facilities? Invisibility.
You want to relax and let the alarm reach max? Invisibily + mallet.

You wanna get rid of mallet? that's right, more mallets.

Well since Helios is still broken (maybe to be fixed or maybe intentional to make the new "scan things" sentinel relevant?) I've moved away from my skulking Ivara and gravitated towards either Khora or Nekros. Both of which because a lot of the missions rely on throwing as much at you as they but not so much in a cohesive way as to be challenging but it a random way that is just kinda frustrating**. 

Where both Khora and Nekros have the ability to run a ton of cluster defense/distraction. Plus Nekros has the added benefit of being a loot Gremlin sooooo extra new content loots~

**Especially for thinks like the box beam in mission where they frequently show up on the other side of the area with zero line of sight so you can't possibly defend them while capturing the boxes you're already working on.