[DE]Taylor

Fortuna - Twitch Drops Campaign!

Having spent most of yesterday with a stream running I'd love to know what the drop rates are for each of these rewards because at the moment it seems like it's so heavily geared towards the credits, glyph and if you're really lucky the fireworks that for most players who are likely to bother with the stream it's not worth bothering with. 

And while I'm not exactly worried about what I get, I have everything on the list, I do kind of feel like it's just wasting my bandwidth (unlimited but still) just getting rewards that I won't even notice. 

Why they couldn't have done a system where if you watch for a combined x hours you stand a chance of the top 3 items biased towards the riven, which lets be honest they're all anyone actually wants from these drops.  

I got 2 drops for 4 hours night 1, all linked and setup, seeing drops enabled, following everything I read  to do.   Then I go 11 hours for 1 drop. Is it a small chance at a drop each hour or is it terribly bugged for me too?  Watching and listening to admiralbahroo's  awesome marathon stream, 1 drop in 11 hours.  I get a drop very sporadicly,  maybe every 5-7 hours since the first night. 

25 drops later:

15 x 7500 credit

5x fireworks

2 glyph

1 relic

1 helmet

1 wisp

======================

so chances:

60% for Credit

25% for fireworks

8% for glyphs

4% for relic, helmet, wisp

chance for khora , nidus probably 1% or less

• Upvote 1

I got drops alright but the problem is I feel baited. I'm not going to be continuing to waste bandwidth to get useless displays, fireworks or credits just so DE can inflate Warframe's numbers over the launch weekend.

Worst Twitch campaign so far.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

PS4 e drops for first three hours yesterday.  Then about ten hours nothing. Today tried the unlink and relink watched about 18 hours. Nothing 

DE you’re garbage and this “event” to falsely push your twitch stream numbers up is bold faced lies

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)superbabef said:

I'm playing on PS4, europe, and still no drop after more than 2 hour.

I've allready check, my account is linked, and i'm actively watching the stream...

So buggy for console player... got 2 drop on but nothing since friday night.

Yup de don’t give any shots about us on console. About drops the update or anything. Just give them money for a subpar product and no support

not me-not ever again will DE see a penny

I've also had some awful luck with this limited time event. I spent a good portion of yesterday bouncing between Brozime and iFlynn where I was able to get 5 drops over the course of 10+ hours. Now I have no problem with the randomness of drops  just how I'm seemingly getting far fewer drops for the time spent than others in the same streams with everything setup properly. I've been watching AdmiralBahrooo for pretty much his whole marathon session going on now since last night and not seen one drop yet. I did just unlink everything from twitch-prime/warframe and link it all again trying to kick start it again to no avail. Last drop was last night around 8pm Eastern, platform PS4.

• Upvote 1

Im sorry but including RNG into this whole thing, was a major mistake and makes it not worth it to even watch anybody.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

Im sorry but including RNG into this whole thing, was a major mistake and makes it not worth it to even watch anybody.

I agree, its like the RNG bate you get with loot boxes, it makes you think that its worth your time and effort when it reality it is just to benefit the company while screwing the player.  I have generally been positive about DE when it comes to their use of incentives.  I never felt like i was being jerked around by DE until now.  It feels like DE advertised a campaign where we were likely to see the mentioned warframes or riven mod, but then just gave us crap. 

This has really soured me towards supporting DE in the future, which is sad seeing as there is literally an unvaulting in a few days.  Is likely to be the first unvaulting since I started playing where I don't actually buy anything with my own money.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I love warframe and the whole twitch drop thing but the last 6 drops i got are all credits, and in total i barely got anything good, but may RNG jezus bless us all becouse it aint stopping me from hoping to get something good.

Edited by shineScorpio

On 2018-11-09 at 2:41 AM, Dawnshift said:

So far i have only gotten credits.

I have to say when the twitch drops were announed i did not expect loot box mechanics. I had honestly thought there would have been some lessons learned after the past 'fk ups'...

Yes, when I heard the drops for Fortuna were coming in exactly the same was as they did for Plains, my first thought was "Oh boy, once again we're all going to get the useless drops instead of the drops everyone wants." I gave them the benefit of the doubt. They fixed the drops so they are in fact working, however I've had a stream running for 24 hours (the streamer I have is doing a marathon/endurance stream to go as long as they can) and all 24 of the drops have been credit caches, which I have absolutely no need for. So far, the drops are occuring EXACTLY like they did in Plains, everyone (or at least the vast majority) is getting all the essentially useless stuff that no one really wants.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Having spent most of yesterday with a stream running I'd love to know what the drop rates are for each of these rewards because at the moment it seems like it's so heavily geared towards the credits, glyph and if you're really lucky the fireworks that for most players who are likely to bother with the stream it's not worth bothering with. 

And while I'm not exactly worried about what I get, I have everything on the list, I do kind of feel like it's just wasting my bandwidth (unlimited but still) just getting rewards that I won't even notice. 

Why they couldn't have done a system where if you watch for a combined x hours you stand a chance of the top 3 items biased towards the riven, which lets be honest they're all anyone actually wants from these drops.  

What confuses me, is that this is the first time a Twitch drop campaign for a major update has not had time-based guaranteed, exclusive, rewards to commemorate the launch. Plains had it, Sacrifice had it, but not Fortuna? What? Sacrifice wasn't even that big of an update, either, and it still got the guaranteed time-based exclusive rewards. Makes no sense that such a big update doesn't have any sort of guaranteed reward, while a lesser update and an update that was over-hyped both got them.

Yeah,my Twitch is linked, I've barely gotten any drops.  I finally figured out what the problem was with the Ash Prime drop...apparently I wasn't logged in.

On 2018-11-08 at 11:15 PM, Syntix said:

Many hours, zero drops. Twitch is linked and so far useless. Ash Prime all over again!

It's silly, you get a "chance" of getting unwanted drops.

14 hours ago, Flipper013 said:

I know, but even if I double check, twitch still tells me to link my accounts, even though they already are linked

Azw9DgjakpOcie5WzedL4wUh5?token=eyJhbGci

My account is linked but I dont get rewards....

Since this is mostly a very hostile thread, I will add my thoughts.

I personally love Warframe, and honestly I don't mind waiting for Fortuna. RC1 isn't ideal, and PC players have much more of an understanding in terms of the issues that may occur, and you don't have to wait for the Sony/Micorsoft cert. 

I always watch Devstreams (and Prime Time whenever I can), as I love the engagement and the behind the scenes. The Twitch Drop events are neat, and has introduced me to several kind Partners, I like how diverse it all is.

And honestly, I don't see any issue with the rewards. They are free and optional bonuses, they aren't meant as massive gains. if you got 1mil credits/hour for just having your PC on, it'd frankly be silly.

My issue is the fact the rewards don't work hourly. I've watched since the event got tweeted out, and I got.. I think three? maybe four? rewards. I'm correctly linked (I even got the drop from Steve's stream). I realise I'm not guaranteed Khora and/or Nidus through the event, but because I've no luck getting even one blueprint for them in-game, I wanted to dedicate as much time I can this week to watch Fortuna content (and find some Partners I could watch even after the event),

But it's no longer RNG, it's just down-right broken. I would be fine with getting 168 glyph displays/credits, as long as it worked.. But it doesn't. 😞

Given Twitch is correctly seeing me as linked and watching, I assume it's something to do with how you handle Twitch Drops. Unlike several others, I don't think you do this intentionally, as you also rely on the generousity of people buying packs/collections. I can't really do anything but say I hope you find someone who can help you solve the Twitch Drop system you've, as it's pretty clear it's not working correctly.

As far as a solution for the RNG, I'd suggest this:

Hour 1 - 11: Random "T1 Drops" (e.g. credits and the display)

Hour 12: Khora

Hour 13 - 23: Random "T2 Drops" (Relics)

Hour 24: Nidus

Hour 25+: Random T1/t2 Drops

Edited by (PS4)DeZaruu
  • Like 1

Well I'm torn on this:  On one hand DE is generating a sh*t tone of hype over the POSSIBILITY of receiving a free NIdus or Khora. And so has everyone glued to the streams just in case they might get one. And DE does in fact state:  you COULD get .... So they are covering their a**es if nobody gets a Frame.

On the other hand I've had the streams running isnce Thursday night until now (as of this post) 38+ hours where the chances and odds of acquiring either or both frames has signficantly diminished to the point of near nil.

The theory now is that they either set the drop chance so low that it barely registers on the RNG (coz let's face it they're using the same mechanism they use for the rest of their drops) OR that they do not plan on releasing a drop for either Frame until the 15th or closer to the 15th. Simply to generate traffic for their product.

So if you're smart - set a stream in the background and just let it run until the end.  Either you collect a bunch of FREE credits and relics for doing nothing or you also end up with maybe a new warframe or 2.

But this is a bit shady coming from DE with how they're doing this so far.  IF they were worried about people getting multiple frame drops they could always set it to "one each per account" in the programming as they do with a bunch of other aspects.

If there were a fair drop chance for the Frames - then after almost 40 hours -- someone should have gotten a frame drop and been able to report that back to the community to reasure everyone that getting a warframe is possible from the drops.  But so far as many people chiming in with claims of only credits relics glyphs and fireworks makes the situation more questionable.

Edited by uberfu
  • Like 2