Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna - Twitch Drops Campaign!

[DE]Taylor

Just now, (PS4)NinjaoftheRose said:

Yup. I’ve tried edge chrome the app even tried using twitch on the console itself and no matter what it’s not enabled.

I personally am using firefox and have not had a single problem. And sorry to make sure, you are saying you HAVE cleared all your caches?

Just now, (XB1)Ade said:

I think we can now say without a shadow of a doubt consoles issues is a bar on duplicate drops.

As stated before, they may have that "bar" due to the fact they are planning another Drop time for Consoles when it hits consoles the 20th

10 minutes ago, (PS4)NinjaoftheRose said:

I haven’t done this since I play on PS4 making a new warframe account would mean making a whole new PS4 account, but from what I’ve seen people say they are connecting old twitches to new warframe accounts and getting drops enabled, but connecting a new twitch to a old warframe account still has drops off. 

For me my link is fine. It works it’s connected it’s shown in connections on both ends and I get the twitch prime loot no problem. The problem is that drops are not enabled for me whatsoever. When you watch a stream it should say drops enabled under the title area but for me and several others it says “enable in game drops with account link” which when you click shows you are linked yet drops are still off. It’s stays like this no matter how many times you link/relink and you get no drops at all since they’re not enabled.

but the link works since the twitch prime loot will show up in your account no problem, I got my fang prime no problem but drops just don’t work.

It wouldn't even bother, it is becoming increasingly obvious that console is only getting unique drops and not repeatable... I think this is any issue on their end and nothing we do with our accounts will change what they've set on the server end. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)NinjaoftheRose said:

I believe I did. Never used edge before so it shouldn’t have had anything at all to clear. 

Just for giggles, install firefox and try it there. (I hate edge as it is nothing but IE with Paint added to it IMO) And give it 2 hours streaming and see if that works. Also make sure cookies are enabled.

Just now, (PS4)scene_cachet said:

It wouldn't even bother, it is becoming increasingly obvious that console is only getting unique drops and not repeatable... I think this is any issue on their end and nothing we do with our accounts will change what they've set on the server end. 

Again The consoles will likely not get the Unique (as everyone is calling it) "Glitch" When the console version hits the 20th and they do another twitch drop for consoles

5 minutes ago, EagleFlyt said:

I could be wrong, but  do not thnk there s anything n the coding that would tell Warframe if you watched a stream and for how long or not, so all anyone would have to do is say they didnt get any drops and watched twitch from hour 1.

It's nothing to do with our end... you can  see the pattern on consoles is NO repeats and only uniques, it means it is whatever they got programmed server side that is stopping us from getting duplicates.

1 minute ago, EagleFlyt said:

Again The consoles will likely not get the Unique (as everyone is calling it) "Glitch" When the console version hits the 20th and they do another twitch drop for consoles

No, I doubt this or it would have been stipulated in the posts. I think they just screwed up on their side and cant fix it till the weekend is over. 

Just now, (PS4)scene_cachet said:

It's nothing to do with our end... you can  see the pattern on consoles is NO repeats and only uniques, it means it is whatever they got programmed server side that is stopping us from getting duplicates.

Yes this quote was about something else entirely. It was about people demanding drops to be given to them because they had not gotten any or more than they did

6 minutes ago, EagleFlyt said:

Yes this quote was about something else entirely. It was about people demanding drops to be given to them because they had not gotten any or more than they did

Yes i am just making sure you understand that majority of the console problem is server side rather than getting side tracked by having to clear browser data, change browser or making sure we don't have things minimized. 

I am also pretty sure this is not how they intended it to work or they would have made it very clear that this promotion is PC only or limited console drops. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)scene_cachet said:

Yes i am just making sure you understand that majority of the console problem is server side rather than getting side tracked by having to clear browser data, change browser or making sure we don't have things minimized. 

Well, the clearing of browser cache and changing browser is to see if that is why that specific person (and maybe more) Are having troubles with the Twitch streams saying they are not linked. As this could cause a problem for them as they are not getting ANY drops. Not even just unique ones. So that says to me that it could be a browser issue that is causing the twitch link to not connect properly. If they were still getting the unique drops, then yes I would not suggest that because yes I agree it is a server side issue. Which goes back to my original thought, whether it was announced that way or not, I still think something made it where console is only getting unique ones till the console release and when that happens the PC players will get unique only.

8 часов назад, (PS4)Ruthless_Russ сказал:

After 2 days of searching I have found the cause of my twitch drops not working;

At the bottom of every stream you will probably see the following message:" Enable in-game drops with account link"  If you ever switched your linked twitch account before in the past, then that might be the cause of it. You will have to go back and find the previous twitch account and make sure that in the connections settings that you disconnect warframe from it. I just did that on an older account and tried switching the link to my main account and sure enough, my drops are enabled again. Best of luck tenno!

Maybe this will help someone

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Arekin:

They have given out warframes as a promotion before, and in a guaranteed fashion (ash prime, frost prime, and trinity prime since I have been playing).  So clearly they don't have an issue with just giving people a frame.  I don't want a twitch drop campaign with loot box mechanics.  I want to be rewarded for taking the time to watch the streams.  If they want to give me a small reward, that's cool, I am justified devoting a small amount of time to those streams.  

Promising big and delivering small is terrible business practice.

ahm, where exactly do they _promise_ you something?

you have a CHANCE to get these frames. that's a total different story man. some people get a frame so they are lucky. it's random. but no one promise you a frame for watching.

to demand the frame just because you watch a few streams is like crying for a lollipop. and sentence like "i want to be rewarded" ... sorry but... think a little about it...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

you have a CHANCE to get these frames. that's a total different story man. some people get a frame so they are lucky. it's random. but no one promise you a frame for watching.

to demand the frame just because you watch a few streams is like crying for a lollipop. and sentence like "i want to be rewarded" ... sorry but... think a little about it...

The twitch Prime Giveaways like the Frost Prime a couple months ago is what I am thinking he is talking about

56 minutes ago, EagleFlyt said:

As stated before, they may have that "bar" due to the fact they are planning another Drop time for Consoles when it hits consoles the 20th

That makes very little sense and if it was intentional they'd have mentioned it surely?

vor 9 Minuten schrieb EagleFlyt:

The twitch Prime Giveaways like the Frost Prime a couple months ago is what I am thinking he is talking about

maybe, but in fact this is a total different story. and he can't blame DE for making a different gift-action just because he wasn't lucky enough to get a frame this time.

no one forced him to watch. no one promised him a frame. so it was his own decision to watch. he shoudn't demand a better reward for this.

Well i obviously got the standard DE response to the drop problem

Thank you so much for contacting us! We are very sorry to hear that you had trouble receiving Twitch Drops. While support cannot add any Twitch Drop items to player accounts manually, we can help you confirm the Twitch link is working on both ends.

To ensure that your Warframe and Twitch accounts are properly linked, please check your Account Management page here https://www.warframe.com/user and make sure it shows the correct Twitch account username at the bottom, then check the Twitch connections page https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections and make sure Warframe is listed in the "OTHER CONNECTIONS" section.

If you do not see the correct account there or any error appears on this page, please try the following:
1. Unlink your Twitch and Warframe accounts via https://www.warframe.com/twitch/unlink_action
2. Disconnect Warframe from Twitch via https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections
3. Reconnect your Twitch and Warframe account following the instructions on https://www.warframe.com/twitchprime

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope you continue to enjoy Warframe!

1 hour ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

"From Fortuna's launch until Nov. 15, watch any Warframe stream on Twitch for a chance to get in-game items every hour! You could get Nidus, Khora, a Rifle Riven, celebratory fireworks and more! A full list of available Drops can be found below -- but not all Drops are equal, some are more common than others!"

If you look at their campaign, in no part to they mention or even imply that some drops are in rare.  You are given the impression from the post that there are equal odds to winning any of the items listed.  Of the items listed in their main statement, only one of them has any likelihood of actually being acquired (the fireworks).  At this point, I have had the stream running for about 72 hours straight.  This is driving up views for warframe partners, which is in turn driving up warframes exposure and aiding in bringing in new players.  This was DE's intent of course, but in return I feel EASILY justified in stating that I should get the rewards as stated and not be subject to some unstated rare item mechanic.

Lastly, I want to say that just because you don't feel cheated or mislead doesn't give you the right to condescend those who do.  Clearly this isn't just my complaint.    

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Arekin:

"From Fortuna's launch until Nov. 15, watch any Warframe stream on Twitch for a chance to get in-game items every hour! You could get Nidus, Khora, a Rifle Riven, celebratory fireworks and more! A full list of available Drops can be found below -- but not all Drops are equal, some are more common than others!"

If you look at their campaign, in no part to they mention or even imply that some drops are in rare.  You are given the impression from the post that there are equal odds to winning any of the items listed.  Of the items listed in their main statement, only one of them has any likelihood of actually being acquired (the fireworks).  At this point, I have had the stream running for about 72 hours straight.  This is driving up views for warframe partners, which is in turn driving up warframes exposure and aiding in bringing in new players.  This was DE's intent of course, but in return I feel EASILY justified in stating that I should get the rewards as stated and not be subject to some unstated rare item mechanic.

Lastly, I want to say that just because you don't feel cheated or mislead doesn't give you the right to condescend those who do.  Clearly this isn't just my complaint.    

sorry, did you read the same announcement??

they point out that some drops are rare - so if you only got common drops, you are out of luck. thats all.

it's not that you are dispointed by your drops (which is ok)... it's the fact that you demand a super rare drop just because you are unwilling to accept what you got. DE never promise you a special drop. 

Archived