[DE]Taylor

Fortuna - Twitch Drops Campaign!

1 hour ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

I’m going to keep track. Just got a grand finale- around 734 we’ll see if there’s another drop. Fingers crossed!

Just got another drop; glyph display which I had received earlier. Seems like it’s working now.

So they seemingly fixed it, yet refuse to admit something was going on.

Thanks for sorting it out (like someone else said, probably because you had a limitation for consoles, unintenally), just a shame you aren't commenting on it and saying something.

But appreciate sorting it out 🙂

1 minute ago, (PS4)ShikiAoi said:

Well, its kind of ironic since is a PC centric event, not sure if we console players have the right to complain

No it isn't? PC players actually have Fortuna, so in a way console owners have more reason to watch to see what we'll get later on.

The link to the twitch drops campaign is right there, in my orbiter, in the game, on my PS4, and I've had some drops on my PS4 account from it.

Nothing was ever mentioned about this being a PC only thing, or there being limitations for consoles, and yet there has been a very noticeable difference in what is being awarded between platforms.

And what has DE done when this issue was raised?

Made out that we're too stupid to link accounts properly, while otherwise being completely silent on the matter, as a growing body of evidence showed that it was in fact a fault at their end.

Despicable.

Edited by polarity
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, polarity said:

Never thought I'd see DE gaslighting their players, but that is exactly what this is.  They have been thoroughly disrespectful to the console players over this.

I wouldn't say they're disrespectful or gaslighting anybody, but they're definitely not taking this situation seriously enough, or seriously at all.  Hard to tell.

1 hour ago, (XB1)SumoDoenertier said:

Seems like someone noticed that the one-time-drop switch was still flipped and fixed it without telling. Let's see, if we get some more feedback in here!

Definitely a quick stealth fix was applied. Just got another 7500 and wisp.

hurrah!

Yep, drops are coming through, as well as the dupes. 

Took only three wasted days compared to PC players.

Seriously, I'm glad you fixed it, big thanks for that. But doing it behind our backs  and acting as if the community is at fault is very meh at best.  

Shizz happens, no one is perfect, we get it. Don't sweep it under the rug, just straight up tell us instead of making thing up. Some may be angry, but most will accept it, we love you guys, come on. What happened here now is really really immature imo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The main thing that upset most people. Atleast from my understanding and feeling. Is telling us we are wrong. When there was very clearly a system error. If it's fixed that's awesome. But atleast let us know. Or accept the blame. That's all we ask really. 

• Like 3

I have a question for those who drops normaly, do you see the drops on the twitch inventory?  www.twitch.tv/inventory

Edited by (PS4)Jackeshepard

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Jackeshepard said:

I have a question for those who drops normaly, do you see the drops on the twitch inventory?  www.twitch.tv/inventory

That page doesn't work properly

It's a shame, as it'd make life so much easier (both for the viewers, but also when issues pops up)

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamahl1319 said:

The main thing that upset most people. Atleast from my understanding and feeling. Is telling us we are wrong. When there was very clearly a system error. If it's fixed that's awesome. But atleast let us know. Or accept the blame. That's all we ask really. 

100% correct

I tolerate a lot, but being indirectly called a liar (or at the very least "too stupid to link something"), even though the "I got drops, then it stopped.." proves it WAS done right on my end.. Yeah, I don't tolerate that.

I love the Warframe crew, but they need to admit they did something wrong with console's drops, as most of us isn't even talking about the drop % distribution, we just want it to work hourly.

Ultimately I'm just glad I actually found a really great partner who was super kind and had a great streaming vibe. But I'm also disappointed how DE won't at least say "Hey sorry XB1 and PS4 folks, we had it set up wrong so it didn't distribute to you correctly."

They don't have to make up for it, they don't have to give us anything or extend it - just admit we weren't a bunch of idiots, you know?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ShikiAoi said:

The lack of people getting Khora or Nidus makes me believe we all will get them due being "issues with too many people watching stream"

No, I think it's just a rare drop rate.  Look at the loot table already, then compare that with santuary onslaught for a piece of Khora and you'll see the odds are worse than farming Khora on your own because you need 1 hour per streamer. 

x37 Credits Cache 

x15 Grand Finale

x10 Glyph Display 

x2 Lith

x2 Meso

x2 Nitain

x1 Oxium

x1 Axi

My cat wallpaper dream is becoming a reality. 

• Haha 1

I have been watching since the twitch drops campaign started, and I have literally gotten nothing good but 1  nitain, and everything else is credit caches/fireworks.

😞

• Woah 1

New issue for me.  Add me to the folks NOT getting Twitch Drops every hour now.

I had no problem from about 7P-8P Thursday -- at the start of the 'event' - getting a drop every hour - until this morning at 3A (GMT). I received a bunch of credit / firework / relic drops and a few wisps and glyphs.  My issue seems to correpsond to a normal weekend 'event' cycle where it timed out on Sunday night.

This afternoon I logged out and back in to both Twitch / Warframe accounts and reset the connection between the two.

AT DE: Suggestion for future giveaway 'events' -- Someone at DE needs to look at the user data from the ASH Prime giveaway AND the PoE and now the Fortuna launches and start anticipating larger numbers of players going active.  WF is that popular and seems to still be growing. And I know DE is very good at compensating for technical issues after the fact. But it's time to be more proactive vs reactive.

As I said my Twitch drop experience this 'event' has worked similar to a regular weekend event timer and form a coding perspective the first thing I would look at is if some of the players over the weekend were pushed into that mode where a normal ending is on sunday.  Something like how Baro comes and goes.Other players that have had issues from Day 1 that have been legitimately connected w/ their Twitch Account (because this also happened for the past couple of Twitch events) and see why the problem is persisting there.  The 3rd group of players were most likely not connected or didn't follow the very cryptic instructions after you leave the WF site (not DEs fault) and start digging through Twitch/Amazon to connect up as I was kicked from Twitch to Amazon and then had to manually go back to Twicth and make sure everything was active.

As I mentioned previously farther up this thread - it's time for DE to do a technical / maintenance update either now or at least very soon after the launch of Railjack. There are still issues on PoE a year out that have not been addressed.  Updates/Upgrades/ New Content are all Awesome !!  ANd Thank you DE for actively progressing the game (very refreshing coming from a few games where the development was stalled for years) BUT part of building on your success is to have a solid product delivery. And a full maintenance pass is overdue.

watch any Warframe stream on Twitch for a chance to get in-game items every hour! You could get Nidus, Khora, a Rifle Riven, celebratory fireworks and more!

To be fair to DE -- they did state that there is "A CHANCE to get in-game items" ... and "you COULD GET warframes / riven mods" ...

They did not state that we all would.  So I don't know.  The wording is technically enough to cover their a**es.

Edited by uberfu

I've spent over 24 hours watching streams with not a single drop. I have tried everything suggested at least three times now and I'm not getting drops. I've never had this issue with drops before so it has to be recent and tied to this event or a recent account update. There are many many people in the chats in twitch who also confirm they are not getting drops yet nothing is being done.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)scene_cachet said:

No, I think it's just a rare drop rate.  Look at the loot table already, then compare that with santuary onslaught for a piece of Khora and you'll see the odds are worse than farming Khora on your own because you need 1 hour per streamer. 

Then DE should have stated something to the effect that 5 people might win a warframe this week instead of making thousadns of players believe that if they logged in and conencted up their accounts and watched nearly 200 hours of streaming believing there would be a chance to grab said warframes.  Instead of literally playing the lottery.

• Like 1

In fairness it was always a chance, I didn't personally believe you'd get Khora or Nidus from watching 10 hours of streams, I thought there might be a chance if you went really hard. 

But the whole setup of twitch drops is false advertising, I wonder how long it will be industry practice before it's called out.

• Upvote 1

Drops           #           %
Credits 55 62.5%
Grand Finale 19 21.6%
Glyph 4 4.5%
Neo K2 3 3.4%
Cetus Wisp 2 2.3%
Axi C3 1 1.1%
Meso T3 1 1.1%
Nitain 1 1.1%
Khora Delphi Helmet 1 1.1%
Oxium 1 1.1%

Total 88  

My running tally, with calculated percentages based on what's dropped.

Edited by Zoe_Trope
remove "total" from Credits
  • Applause 1

How long do I have to watch streams. Streamers are really boring.

6 streams and 2 are intermission and 4 are fishing. lol

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Applause 1

Update on my drops, keeping a running tally for general drop rate research. No 1 person will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt any exact metrics for these rates, but we can guess, and with a large enough pool we could make a decent statistics pool with a 90%+ confidence interval. My samples alone prove very little, but I'll give my guesstimates anyway.

Total - 67
Credits - 36 (53.7%) Est. actual %: 50%
Fireworks - 14 (20.9%) Est. actual %: 20%
Display Glyph - 8 (11.9%) Est. actual %: 10%
Lith C3 - 1 (1.5%) Est. actual %: 2%
Meso T3 - 2 (3.0%) Est. actual %: 2%
Neo K2 - 1 (1.5%) Est. actual %: 2%
Axi C3 - 0 (0%) Est. actual %: 2%
Nitain Extract - 3 (4.5%) Est. actual %: 2%
Cetus Wisp - 0 (0%) Est. actual %: 2%
Oxium - 1 (1.5%) Est. actual %: 2%
Ambulas Noggle Statue - 1 (1.5%) Est. actual %: 1.5%
Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint- 1 (1.5%) Est. actual %: 1.5%
Nidus - 0 (0%) Est. actual %: 1%
Khora - 0 (0%) Est. actual %: 1%
Rifle Riven Mod - 0 (0%) Est. Actual %: 1%

This would put drops into several different brackets, which available data supports. Note also that given the lack of people saying they've had a frame or riven drop, the actual chance of getting those is probably lower than 1%.

Commons, aka Credits/Fireworks/Display Glyphs.

Uncommons, aka Relics and mid tier crafting materials.

Rares, aka the noggle and helmet blueprint.

Ultra rares, aka warframes and rivens.

Think of it as a gachapon, where instead of paying $$$ for pulls, you're paying with free advertisement and ad revenue for twitch streamers. Hahaa.

Edited by Prothescar
  • Like 1

Another report as a console player: after a good night of sleep I got a drop every hour (7 drops), which supports the theory of a ghost fix. All credits and fireworks, but at least they drop now.