Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna - Twitch Drops Campaign!

[DE]Taylor

3 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

ahm.. you play a free game... where you can almost get everything for free if you farm it.

and just because you don't get what you want an a free gift event you don't wanna support the company which created the game you are playing..

yeah.. thats really great.

Exactly this....Im frustrated with how they handled twitch drops this time around, but ofc Im still going to support them. They make a great game and its free to play and remains good despite that fact...Not an easy task and definitely a very good execution.

I state my opinions here in my desire to help them be the best which they already are pretty solidly working their way towards and in a lot of cases are already there. I think stating drop chances for the things they were using to advertise the event would have helped, as well as working hard to sort out this business with people not getting any drops at all.  I also really do think they should have done it in X hours watched again instead of an RNG chance. RNG does nothing but screw people and is not a fun reward system for big or interesting things.

1 hour ago, EagleFlyt said:

Then there is the fact that most of you are reacting as if DE is making Millions off these twitch streams and are giving away low quality goods..... Huh? -Scratches head- Ummm you do realize that 1. They made $0.00 off of the twitch streams. 2. They gave you a FREE Upgrade to a game (That most companies would have charged you between 25$ - 60$ for) 3. They gave YOU the Player a chance to run YOUR OWN stream on twitch and gain followers and subscribers of YOUR OWN that would lead into a portion of money coming to you as well....

1) They are getting a giant heaping helping of advertising which in turn leads to more players and more platinum sales. I would not at all say they are getting absolutely nothing from the twitch streams. 2) Yes thats fantastic and part of the reason we love DE.  3) Im not sure what this has to do with anything. Starting up twitch during a warframe drop event isnt gonna guarantee instant success, in fact it does very little for streamers after the event is over.

I will repeat something I said before and I think is very important for people to understand

In reality, just because you're a fan of something doesn't mean its beyond criticism.
Just because you like something, doesn't mean its perfect.
If I didn't care about/like Warframe, it wouldn't matter enough to criticize.

1 hour ago, EagleFlyt said:

P.S. To DE, I would like to be one of the one's who actually says, Thank You for an Amazing Game, with Amazing Gameplay, and Amazing craftsmanship. You have worked VERY hard to give us all a game worth playing, and have not forced us to give you a dime in return for all the hard work all of you have put into this game. I for one will continue to play your game, and continue my support for your game until the day which you decide is enough. Which I hope will not be for a long time to come.

+1 to this, despite all my criticisms, Warframe is still fantastic and still a very wonderful and generous creation, a community I am glad to be a part of and DE is a Developer who I adore and love to support and promote. Thank you for the hard work and passion you invest into this game every day.

Eh. I'm not complaining. OK, maybe a little bit about including glyphs as a drop (can you even use more than one?).

I'm just here for the intermittent stats dump. At 125 hours viewed, here's my drop-rate (and I've been AT my computer for about 80% of that because of the weekend, and streams keeping me company while I've been at work)

Drops                         #        %
Credits                      80    64.0%
Grand Finale             22    17.6%
Glyph                        10      8.0%
Neo K2                        4     3.2%
Cetus Wisp                  4     3.2%
Axi C3                          1     0.8%
Meso T3                       1     0.8%
Nitain                            1     0.8%
Khora Delphi Helmet    1    0.8%
Oxium                           1    0.8%

Total                          125    100.0%

I mean, that's 600,000 credits. Nothing to sneeze at. Sure, I've spent most of it and earned it back.

Am I a little bummed that I'll probably have to farm Nidus again? Sure. Complaining? Hell no. I've been playing this game almost exclusively for the last four months and I've just started streaming because of this event.

4 hours ago, EagleFlyt said:

This is what I find funny about the whole situation. These are free gifts people are complaining about (and threatening to boycott). Wow, our society really HAS become a load of freeloading trolls. Now, I would not say this so bluntly if the people in this forum post actually accepted some of our help in trying to figure out the problem, or even said TY to DE for getting ANYTHING for free. Especially an ENTIRE game. But when help was given, MOST of yall said "No its not my problem its theirs and they are in the wrong and" Wah wah wah, I want my binky. Now for those of you that did try to work with someone to figure out the problem, please notice I said "Most" not all.

Then there is the fact that most of you are reacting as if DE is making Millions off these twitch streams and are giving away low quality goods..... Huh? -Scratches head- Ummm you do realize that 1. They made $0.00 off of the twitch streams. 2. They gave you a FREE Upgrade to a game (That most companies would have charged you between 25$ - 60$ for) 3. They gave YOU the Player a chance to run YOUR OWN stream on twitch and gain followers and subscribers of YOUR OWN that would lead into a portion of money coming to you as well....

But no. Most of you just want to sit there and complain and complain and complain. Just because you get (by now Full game(50$) + all DLCs (25$ a piece at I would think nearly 10 DLC's)) if set at the lowest prices compared to most big games) an around 300$ game by now for FREE, you are going to complain about not getting MORE free stuff? Items that most of you even said you could get free ANYWAYS? If you put some time and effort into it? You would rather put the time and effort into complaining about not having it given to you.

Just be glad you have a free game that has free DLC's, and if you have a problem, try to actually work with someone to fix the problem.

- EagleFlyt

P.S. To DE, I would like to be one of the one's who actually says, Thank You for an Amazing Game, with Amazing Gameplay, and Amazing craftsmanship. You have worked VERY hard to give us all a game worth playing, and have not forced us to give you a dime in return for all the hard work all of you have put into this game. I for one will continue to play your game, and continue my support for your game until the day which you decide is enough. Which I hope will not be for a long time to come.

Boycotting is a bit extreme yes and earlier I did actually say some things in the same line of thought as you, but I wasn't as patronising and I think you are being a bit rude.

Fact: I do not know about fees to twitch for doing this, as it boosts Twitch as well as Warframe I doubt there are any.
Fact: Giving away some ingame stuff also costs DE nothing, if it can indeed all be gotten free - Which it can.
Fact: Giving away some ingame stuff boosts Stream watchers and new signs ups.

Calling people Freeloading trolls is going a bit far, people are no S#&$ spending hours Boosting Warframes numbers on twitch, this is Marketing and these people are making up numbers that are getting attention well outside of normal areas. It is because of these "Freeloaders" that there are articles all over the show. Now I would agree that the boycotting and complaining is a little bit much BUT the fact is, DE is getting tangible value and doing so in exchange for promises of chances of things that cost them nothing.

1. They made $0.00 off of the twitch streams. 

Wrong they are Literally getting insane value from this, do you even know how much this sort of marketing costs? This has been awesome for DE and for us, increased player count adds to eventual income, which makes the game worth updating.

2. They gave you a FREE Upgrade to a game
Free Players are not Freeloaders, without them this game would die.

• Every free player that does not spend boosts numbers, which then draws other players in, don't be naive.
  • Every free player that sells a Riven for Platinum is taking Platinum from somewhere which in turn someone buys, they wouldn't need it if the Riven wasn't for sale from the Free Player. 
  • Every free player is likely to eventually spend if the game is good enough.

Which brings me to these FREE Upgrades, lets be honest DE is brilliant. But as much as they do seem to love what they do and it shows they simply couldn't do it for free, and ultimately this is a business operating for profit, hate to break it to you.

Without regular upgrades the player base would die and so would the game. Do not be naive, these upgrades are not gifts, they are to make money. Besides Microtransactions are proving to be more lucrative than straight AA releases. Look at Fortnite and then at every AA publisher rushing to add micros into their games. Hell even Destiny 2 base is currently free.

3. They gave YOU the Player a chance to run YOUR OWN stream on twitch and gain followers and subscribers of YOUR OWN that would lead into a portion of money coming to you as well....
Every Freeloading Streamer is marketing their game, are you kidding me? Streamers sell, companies literally pay these guys to stream their game and so they damn well should.

And away from "Freeloaders" I bet some of the people having issues here have spent literal hundreds on this game.

Thanking DE is one thing, they do a great job and deserve some positivity but this whole post comes across as brown nosing. And you don't have to be an ass to everyone to prove your undying love for the company. And you can love the game and company while still not being fond of the twitch drop system. You can also of course have issues and not spaz about boycotting the entire game. If you don't like the twitch drops, perhaps boycott the twitch drops....

Updated chances (thanks @Wazzapedia for another batch of data):

• 7500 Credits - 588 (57.4%)
  • Grand Finale - 199 (19.4%)
  • Display Glyph - 111 (10.8%)
  • Lith C3 - 12 (1.2%)
  • Meso T3 - 20 (2.0%)
  • Neo K2 - 19 (1.9%)
  • Axi C3 - 15 (1.5%)
  • Nitain - 15 (1.5%)
  • Oxium - 6 (0.6%)
  • Cetus Wisp - 20 (2.0%)
  • Ambulas Noggle - 4 (0.4%)
  • Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint - 12 (1.2%)
  • Khora Warframe - 2 (0.2%)
  • Nidus Warframe - 2 (0.2%)

Total: 1025

Edit: Updated with numbers from earlier posts I hadn't included yet.

Zitat

EagleFlyt

1. you have no idea how advertisement works, do you? absolutly no clue of what a week of being under the top 5 games on twitch does to player count and how many comebacks of old players happen. all of these people are more potential customers who are willing to donate. oh and how convenient that there is an unvaulting now, something new players can straight spend money on
2. the rewards are utter sh*t. your standards are pretty low if you disagree. what exactly benefit do people get from glyph display or fireworks, noggle or 7500 credits and the other drops that are so rare, that they are basically non existant? people had the streams running like 10+ hrs per day every day and didnt even get 600k credits in total so far. now compare this little amount of credits you gained to the amount of how much you will have to spend for upgrades and blueprints etc. the credits reward isnt even a fraction of what you need. its not even worth mentioning. these rewards are just a joke and im sure it got more people upset than happy. 
3. only the popular streamers, who already streamed before have had a bunch of people watching benefited from it the most. if you are a small streamer your stream usually isnt noticed by anyone and this "event" changed nothing in that. people just click on the #1 stream in that game section and thats it. no reason to scroll further down or open more streams since you only get one reward per hour no matter how many streams you watch

edit: oof i quoted the wrong guy first, sorry

Looks like I'm gonna miss out completely on this campaign. 

I did get a different message from support on Monday. 

"I'm trying to obtain information from you regarding your case in general to verify whether you're experiencing something that we could help you with or not completely.

That being said, feel free to provide as much information as you can and we can work from there."

Gave all the information that I could. Haven't heard back.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)SumoDoenertier said:

Updated chances (thanks @Wazzapedia for another batch of data):

• 7500 Credits - 588 (57.4%)
  • Grand Finale - 199 (19.4%)
  • Display Glyph - 111 (10.8%)
  • Lith C3 - 12 (1.2%)
  • Meso T3 - 20 (2.0%)
  • Neo K2 - 19 (1.9%)
  • Axi C3 - 15 (1.5%)
  • Nitain - 15 (1.5%)
  • Oxium - 6 (0.6%)
  • Cetus Wisp - 20 (2.0%)
  • Ambulas Noggle - 4 (0.4%)
  • Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint - 12 (1.2%)

Total: 1025

Edit: Updated with numbers from earlier posts I hadn't included yet.

Not going to change your stats all that much, however nice data collection!
I had that old account issue, since it has been working:

7500 Credits x 16
Grand Finale x 2
Glyth x 1
Neo K2 x 1
Oxium x 1 
Nitain x 1
Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint x 1

Looks like I am pretty lucky to have the Oxium and Helmet.

7 часов назад, (PS4)NewcastleDisease сказал:

ahm.. you play a free game... where you can almost get everything for free if you farm it.

and just because you don't get what you want an a free gift event you don't wanna support the company which created the game you are playing..

yeah.. thats really great.

Dude, its about attitude, not the gift itself. Lol. Dont make “free stuff giving for watching something” if u cant provide people this. -.- 

and stop speaking about “free game” - i waste money on “free games” like WF or LoL or PoE more than i wasted on all payed games through my whole life. I payed enough, u know. And i dont need **ing display - i can buy it! But i dont need either stupid attitude where they promise players something 999 times and when players had problems with recieving this - they just ignore them. For a long time. Empty promises. 

I've gotten mostly credit drops, #2 was fireworks (at least 20), a few oxium drops, 1 nitain (at least it's consistent with scarcity)about 5 or 6 glyph things, 1 khora helmet (not sure i'll ever build because i don't have khora, no need in building what i can't use). I would think at some point, everyone should get 1 rare drop, but has not happened for me yet

That said, could be worse, they could have easily have not even done the drops

8 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

I've gotten mostly credit drops, #2 was fireworks (at least 20), a few oxium drops, 1 nitain (at least it's consistent with scarcity)about 5 or 6 glyph things, 1 khora helmet (not sure i'll ever build because i don't have khora, no need in building what i can't use). I would think at some point, everyone should get 1 rare drop, but has not happened for me yet

That said, could be worse, they could have easily have not even done the drops

I too mostly got those same drops, but the thing is, I only got drops every hour for one day... after that even while watching 24/7, I only got one drop a day... pretty #*!%ing pathetic if you ask me. I was really hoping for a khora and nidus so i wouldn't have to farm them, but noooooooo, Warframe/Twitch didn't like that.

I understand that it's free stuff but it didn't live up to it's promise of one drop an hour, I'm actually pissed enough to want my bandwidth back.. Really hope DE give out compensation for it, something that's not just a plat discount or a booster..

How the focus (I do not swear on a christian server) people got more that 100 drops?? I mean, doing quick meths, 24 hrs per day in 4 days (from 11th to 14th) --> 24*4=96 drops. If you guys are doing some trick to watch multiple streams and ACTUALLY WORKS (I tried some but they didn't), pls tell me. I'm desperate, I only get credits and fireworks :c

48 minutes ago, Neriek said:

I understand that it's free stuff but it didn't live up to it's promise of one drop an hour, I'm actually pissed enough to want my bandwidth back.. Really hope DE give out compensation for it, something that's not just a plat discount or a booster..

Lol. That is never going to happen. If they compensate for missing drops, I am owed a LOT. 

Support says that they can't manually add the drops to accounts and I don't see the rest of the staff lifting a finger to add it unless nobody got the drop.

Edit: My drop table

Total: 0

• Jack Squat: (100%)

With about 24 hours left on the event, I give my penultimate drop update:

Total - 94
Credits - 45 (47.9%)
Fireworks - 17 (18.0%)
Display Glyph - 17 (18.1%)
Lith C3 - 1 (1.1%)
Meso T3 - 2 (2.1%)
Neo K2 - 1 (1.1%)
Axi C3 - 0 (0%)
Nitain Extract - 3 (3.2%)
Cetus Wisp - 2 (2.1%)
Oxium - 1 (1.1%)
Ambulas Noggle Statue - 3 (3.2%)
Khora Delphi Helmet - 2 (2.1%)
Nidus - 0 (0%)
Khora - 0 (0%)
Rifle Riven Mod - 0 (0%)

I've given up all hope of getting an ultra rare in the last 24 drops, but it sure would be nice. Overall I'm not terribly unhappy anyway. 18 display glyphs = almost 400 plat of free cash shop stuff, plus the 3 noggle statues add even more on top of that. Nitains are pretty nice too but the rest of it is meh.

16 hours ago, Megabuffalo69 said:

Could be a really old twitch account that is still linked. Would be nice if warframe.com had a list of S#&$ linked to your account.

No I've made sure there isn't however after days of messaging the support that at least finally told me that DE is acknowledging the problem and are working to fix the twitch system so here's hoping

1 hour ago, Zuhan said:

I've been watching from day 1 and haven't gotten anything but Credits, Fireworks, Relics, and Glyph Displays. Are these "fabled" Warframes actually apart of the drop table?

They are there but set low enough that basically no one can get it. Betting its something silly like 0.001% So even  if you watched 24 hours a day for the entire event you wouldnt be guaranteed to get any of the top prizes.

1 hour ago, Rakssu00 said:

How the focus (I do not swear on a christian server) people got more that 100 drops?? I mean, doing quick meths, 24 hrs per day in 4 days (from 11th to 14th) --> 24*4=96 drops. If you guys are doing some trick to watch multiple streams and ACTUALLY WORKS (I tried some but they didn't), pls tell me. I'm desperate, I only get credits and fireworks :c

1. I think *intent* matters more than action here. Swapping out a bad word for a nice "one" doesn't change intent 😛
2. Don't do meths kids. Meths is bad.
3. Drops started at midnight GMT on the 9th of November. It's now 11:12pm GMT on the 14th (10:12am on the 15th here), so that's 143 potential drops at 1 drop per hour streamed.

I'm at 129/143.

Another update with data from @Megabuffalo69 and @Prothescar added:

• 7500 Credits - 649 (56.7%)
  • Grand Finale - 218 (19.1%)
  • Display Glyph - 129 (11.3%)
  • Lith C3 - 13 (1.1%)
  • Meso T3 - 22 (1.9%)
  • Neo K2 - 22 (1.9%)
  • Axi C3 - 15 (1.3%)
  • Nitain - 19 (1.7%)
  • Oxium - 9 (0.8%)
  • Cetus Wisp - 22 (1.9%)
  • Ambulas Noggle - 7 (0.6%)
  • Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint - 15 (1.3%)
  • Rifle Riven - 0 (0%)

Total: 1144

I just noticed that I totally forgot to include the Riven, because I didn't find a single report of a drop.

I said it once and I'll say it again.  I REALLY hope that players will be gifted atleast one of these warframes (slot and catalyst included), if for any reason, just as an apology from DE for how unbelievably appalling these drop rates for items we actually WANT are/as an apology for a lot of people who are not even so much as getting drops at all.

Archived