Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna - Twitch Drops Campaign!

[DE]Taylor

2 hours ago, M4T2E said:

If you get drops, but are unhappy with what you received ...
"Limited Time Twitch Drops - Tune in for a chance to get Nidus, Khora, a Rifle Riven Mod and more!"
and
"From Fortuna's launch until Nov. 15, watch any Warframe stream on Twitch for a chance to get in-game items every hour!".

So there wasn't even a promise to receive anything!

This reminds me of the wording internet service providers used 10 years ago "speeds up to 25 mbps!" (fast for the time), but the provider would only get you that speed at extreme off hours like 6am, and every other time it was 5 mbps.  FTC saw this as dishonest and made them either provide the speed or change their advertising.  Per the FTC, when a promotion does not accurately inform the consumer of the scarcity of an item it is considered bait and switch.  We were baited with high value twitch drops and then given garbage.  

Whats worse is that DE has completely failed to address a 32 page thread of complaints about this campaign.  

Mine so far and i loved every single one of them:

Alertium - 3

Oxium - 5

Credits - 86

Noggle - 1

Glyph Display - 12

Fireworks - 29

Relics - 8

Wisps - 2

Also, its funny how people dont like their free stuff. "Whaaa what is this free stuff i got for doing nothing? Whaaaaa i want better free stuff for doing nothing!!!!1111" *insert crying baby img here*

8 minutes ago, Arekin said:

We were baited with high value twitch drops and then given garbage.  

Whats worse is that DE has completely failed to address a 32 page thread of complaints about this campaign.  

Lol what is this comparisson?

Im sorry have you had to pay to recieve these drops? Or do anything for that matter? No, linking account and opening any stream is all you had to do. And i bet first was already done long ago and second is just having stream on mute on the background\2nd pc\phone\whatever esle - What an effort.

37 minutes ago, Arekin said:

This reminds me of the wording internet service providers used 10 years ago "speeds up to 25 mbps!" (fast for the time), but the provider would only get you that speed at extreme off hours like 6am, and every other time it was 5 mbps.  FTC saw this as dishonest and made them either provide the speed or change their advertising.  Per the FTC, when a promotion does not accurately inform the consumer of the scarcity of an item it is considered bait and switch.  We were baited with high value twitch drops and then given garbage.  

Cool. I will go to the Casinò, bet all my paycheckin a day then complain to the management telling me they baited me with high jackpots and I've lost everything.

I'm sure it will work.

Definitely.

Another update with fresh data:

• 7500 Credits - 914 (56.8%)
  • Grand Finale - 291 (18.1%)
  • Display Glyph - 180 (11.2%)
  • Lith C3 - 22 (1.4%)
  • Meso T3 - 22 (1.9%)
  • Neo K2 - 32 (2.0%)
  • Axi C3 - 23 (1.4%)
  • Nitain - 33 (2.1%)
  • Oxium - 18 (1.1%)
  • Cetus Wisp - 32 (2.0%)
  • Ambulas Noggle - 12 (0.8%)
  • Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint - 21 (1.3%)
  • Khora Warframe - 2 (0.2%)
  • Nidus Warframe - 2 (0.2%)
  • Rifle Riven - 1 (0.1%)

Total: 1608

1 hour ago, Sormaran said:

Im sorry have you had to pay to recieve these drops? Or do anything for that matter? No, linking account and opening any stream is all you had to do. And i bet first was already done long ago and second is just having stream on mute on the background\2nd pc\phone\whatever esle - What an effort.

First, that was a completely legitimate post by Arekin. This campaign was bait. I'm sure the Marketing department would have another word for it, but they put it out there to draw people, so it was bait. To Arekin's second point, they have not commented on a 32 page thread. 

If you are going to disagree with someone, at least disagree with them. Your comment doesn't even speak to anything from the comment that you quoted.

As to your question, yes. We are paying to "receive" drops. Those of us not using internet service and power provided by our parents are in fact paying something. I don't understand how it is relevant, but there is some non-zero cost.

People are unhappy with this campaign. A lot of people are getting few or no drops. Granted, the announcement says "a chance," but that's just CYA. This system has always been unreliable, so they were smart enough to know better than to promise anything.

A lot of us who are getting drops reliably are unhappy with the drop table. If you  are happy with it, that's great, but you can't dismiss the vast majority (and we are the vast majority) who are disappointed with them. Looking at the infographic from the release, you see that the most prominent items are the frames. Argue, if you wish, that they are most prominent because they are the "best," but don't ignore that they are placed there to draw people to the event. Given that they are the "bait," it isn't unfounded that people are expecting them to drop with some regularity. I have had a partner stream up nearly the entire time that the event has been going, and I have noticed 3 people announcing that they got a frame drop, and 1 person with a riven. 

Given the number of complaints about no drops and disappointing drop tables, it is unlike DE to completely ignore this thread.

my drops.. for science:

7500 Credits - 71
Grand Finale - 24
Display Glyph - 15
Lith C3 - 0
Meso T3 - 3
Neo K2 - 3
Axi C3 - 3
Nitain - 5
Oxium - 2
Cetus Wisp - 6
Ambulas Noggle - 1
Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint - 1
Khora Warframe - 0
Nidus Warframe - 0
Rifle Riven - 0

Well at least i have enough displays now to uglify my dojo...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Sormaran:

Also, its funny how people dont like their free stuff. "Whaaa what is this free stuff i got for doing nothing? Whaaaaa i want better free stuff for doing nothing!!!!1111" *insert crying baby img here*

well you could (technically speaking) argue for opportunity costs...

Well,if DE manages OR if we raise our voices, we could have them send in the good drops AFTER the event finishes.Quite simply Need to send the warframes and rivens for people who have more than 24 hours of streams or gotten more than 24 in game items. other people have less hours logged sooooo..... I believe it will be ok to shaft them. but we need those riven and warframe asap

3 hours ago, Sormaran said:

You don't seem to understand marketing.  First, not all costs to an individual are monetary.  We pay ALOT in time to this campaign.  We devote supplementary costs as was mentioned (electricity and data for those like me with a cap).  In return DE uses are machines to effectively mine views.  These views keep their partners on top of twitches games list (right now only fornite and LoL have more viewers watching their streams) which in turn exposes more people to the game, making DE more money.  We are providing quite a bit to DE and they are happy to use us as follower bots.

That said, even on our end, promotions also drag inactive players back to the game, thus exciting spending from the current player base.  Do you think it is a coincidence that DE opened their prime vault in the middle of their twitch promotion?  

All of those reasons are why the FTC insists on honesty in advertising, even with free promotions.  They recognize that the hardest part is getting people in the door, and doing so with dishonest tactics is definitely a violation of the customer.  People who have been brought back to the game with the "chance" of winning a new warframe to play may well purchase that warframe so that they have a new experience when they start in Fortuna.  In this way DE is cheating their customers by implying a chance that, well honestly, just isnt there.  By the last count, out of 1608 drops reported, only 5 have been warframes or riven.  That's a 1 in 321 chance of getting a warframe.  and that number just gets worse with each person reporting their drops.

Here's my tally so far:

Spoiler

7500 Credits - 73

Grand Finale - 22

Display Glyph - 10

Nitain Extract - 6

Relics - 5 (2 L-C3, 2 M-T3, 1 A-C3)

Wisp - 3

Khora Delphi - 3

Noggle - 1

Rifle Riven - 1

Oxium - 0

Nidus WF - 0

Khora WF - 0

Free stuff is free stuff, while I am disappointed in my personal tally so far, I don't blame DE for it - unless you remind me of the Khora drop chances in-game. It's everyone's personal choice to pursue this offer, although I would highly appreciate seeing actual chances for drops posted so I can make an informed decision for myself whether or not it's worth the electricity bill. It's great for them and their partners and I do wish them all the best, this was a grandiose idea for their purpose, I understood this from the beginning and didn't go in expecting I would actually get what I wanted out of it. A chance is a chance and a chance is what was advertised.

For everyone saying that the 7500 credit drops add up - sure, in a "run the Index 5~ times" within less of an hour and you get the same amount of money kind of way. Apologies if that point was already made, I have mostly skimmed the thread with quick glances. I appreciate the Nitain and the Riven I suppose.

I still do wish there was a guaranteed Khora in it for us in some way. I've got a stack of helmets waiting for her. 

Just to pitch in my 2 cents and a billion credit drops:

Spoiler

Credits: 62 (quick meths is 465k which is nice but not something I would be bothered with "watching" twich for)

Fireworks: 16 (trash)

Glyphs: 12 (eh..)

Lith: 3

Meso: 1

Neo: 1

Axi: 2 (those are relics i guess)

Wisp: 2 (worthless)

Oxium: 2 (one corpus sortie mission)

Nitain: 4 (oof, just take it back so I can complain without any reservations)

Ambulas Noggle: 1 (it's rare... I guess. Can't forma it though)

Khora Helmet: 2 (well this is just insulting)

So, I didn't spend much in terms of an effort to remote into my home server and launch a stream, and still it feels like I've done too much for the results. Dear DE, I love you and stuff, and it is nice to see Warframe in top 4 Twitch games, but get your own viewbots next time.

5 hours ago, Sormaran said:

Mine so far and i loved every single one of them:

Alertium - 3

Oxium - 5

Credits - 86

Noggle - 1

Glyph Display - 12

Fireworks - 29

Relics - 8

Wisps - 2

I never said, i didn't like my drop rewards. But out of 150+ drops (run every day except 20 minutes sunday), There should have been at least one rare drop among them

6 hours ago, Arekin said:

Not completely.

At an early point of this week's PS4@4 they dropped a quick line about how (I'm paraphrasing here) it's our fault because we didn't have just a Warframe account linked to our twitch account...

Archived