mikakor

Fortuna : a word to every Limbo user

Limbo is just a no-go for me, right now. not because of the nullifier units ( well, they also are a pain in the ass, but still manageable, as i always did ) no. the thing is that it seems to have many stuff/mob/unit/turrets...? that can kill you while in the rift, without anyone else. some mobs or machines kill you and bypass rift. so i would suggest you taking another frame for this.

( and for the clown, i was already taking Limbo in normal corpus mission, but these corpus here are COMPLETELY anti Limbo. )

just a friendly warning ^^

• Upvote 3

Oh. Enemies on 4tuna can bypass Limbos rift? I have not try it yet so I can't agree or disagree.

But if it is true then it has to be a bug.

Edited by wtflag
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, mikakor said:

these corpus here are COMPLETELY anti Limbo.

I'll be sure to give my MOA the top hat when I make it just to trigger them even more after killing all their friends..

• Haha 1

Good , Nobody like Limbo anyway ,but like most people said it might be a bug try to report it in the fortuna bug forum

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, wtflag said:

Oh. Enemies on 4tuna can bypass Limbos rift? I have not try it yet so I can't agree or disagree.

Or a lovely new feature. Nobody likes limbo, not even DE. During one of the streams demonstrating arbitrations, on DEFENSE, her bonus was for limbo and she didnt want to play limbo.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, wtflag said:

I would certainly hope its not intentional...otherwise I will be a sad bunny...

Limbo needs a rework, everyone knows it. But it will not happen, because you can't sell a rework well. Yea and I really don't understand how they balance the game, especially warframes: when Mesa trivializes 99% of the game and at the same time we have frames like Wukong or Vauban or...

Longtime Limbo user here, and I've not noticed anything that flat-out ignores the rift, though then again, I don't really rely on it as much as some Limbos so perhaps there is and I haven't noticed. That said, all of the mini-boss enemies that drop in are immune to stasis as all boss or boss-like enemies are. Since the Sycto Raktoid (I think that's the name) primarily uses melee attacks, that's an issue, but, well, that's what guns are for.

• Like 1

Just now, Loza03 said:

Longtime Limbo user here, and I've not noticed anything that flat-out ignores the rift, though then again, I don't really rely on it as much as some Limbos so perhaps there is and I haven't noticed. That said, all of the mini-boss enemies that drop in are immune to stasis as all boss or boss-like enemies are. Since the Sycto Raktoid (I think that's the name) primarily uses melee attacks, that's an issue, but, well, that's what guns are for.

it may also be a bug, but i got several time downed when i was in the rift with no one else, out of nowhere. where Limbo in a Corpus mission can sometimes feel a bit harder than usual, here it feels... not worth it. at all. better take another frame ^^" at least until this "bug" is resolved.

Just now, mikakor said:

it may also be a bug, but i got several time downed when i was in the rift with no one else, out of nowhere. where Limbo in a Corpus mission can sometimes feel a bit harder than usual, here it feels... not worth it. at all. better take another frame ^^" at least until this "bug" is resolved.

Fair enough. If there is indeed a rift-crossing attack bug (and there have been in the past) it should indeed be patched out. After some thinking I think I have been shot out the rift once or twice, but it could also have been a straggler I missed.

• Like 1

Just now, Loza03 said:

Fair enough. If there is indeed a rift-crossing attack bug (and there have been in the past) it should indeed be patched out. After some thinking I think I have been shot out the rift once or twice, but it could also have been a straggler I missed.

just do this one or two time : go in Vallis with Limbo, and make as much noises as possible and get alert level 4. and just go BRB while in the rift. something should kill you after a moment.

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

just do this one or two time : go in Vallis with Limbo, and make as much noises as possible and get alert level 4. and just go BRB while in the rift. something should kill you after a moment.

Alrighty, give me a bit.

41 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Or a lovely new feature. Nobody likes limbo, not even DE. During one of the streams demonstrating arbitrations, on DEFENSE, her bonus was for limbo and she didnt want to play limbo.

To be fair, arby limbo is really risky outside of Excav. And is twice as risky if you want to actually take advantage of power strength buffs (as that means using rift surge and killing on the rift primarily).

He's a decent choice for an Arby Def if you're optimizing a 2+ party (banish is auto-mvp on keep-alive, but near dead weight on kill), but then I'd advise avoiding Arby Def in general as, even with the changes, it's too slow.

Edited by Eirshy

34 minutes ago, mikakor said:

So. I went to three locations. Temple of profit, Spaceport and a small outpost just outside the spaceport.

I caused a ruckus to get up to level 4, went into the rift and... nothing.

Nothing happened. I occasionally hopped out to kill some enemies to try get other things shooting me, but nothing could hurt me rift-side. Not Terra Troops, not Jackals and Hyenas and none of the Raknoids. At one point I had multiple Hyenas, a Raknoid and a bunch of Terra units shooting me at once, and not a scratch.

Just now, Loza03 said:

So. I went to three locations. Temple of profit, Spaceport and a small outpost just outside the spaceport.

I caused a ruckus to get up to level 4, went into the rift and... nothing.

Nothing happened. I occasionally hopped out to kill some enemies to try get other things shooting me, but nothing could hurt me rift-side. Not Terra Troops, not Jackals and Hyenas and none of the Raknoids. At one point I had multiple Hyenas, a Raknoid and a bunch of Terra units shooting me at once, and not a scratch.

then it is probably a bug, because i've been killed and almost killed several time by by-passing rift damage. i'll need to make some test. but thank you!

Strangely enough, I'm okay with units that completely disables Limbo. Usually I hate that kind of stuff, but I hate Limbo more.

As long as u destroy the beacons so its not 4 star wanted level the nullifiers don't spawn as far as I know. Also the enemies unaffected by the rift are few and far between, just shoot them and you no longer have a problem.

27 минут назад, mrhapps сказал:

As long as u destroy the beacons so its not 4 star wanted level the nullifiers don't spawn as far as I know. Also the enemies unaffected by the rift are few and far between, just shoot them and you no longer have a problem.

They don't need nullifiers, since I've not seen any of them yet, some of the troops can just kill you through the rift doesn't matter cataclysm or your own rift through dash. They simply kill you.

And, since Limbo have absolutely no survivability outside the rift - it's totally ruined my favorite frame... 

16 minutes ago, JotunFrost said:

They don't need nullifiers, since I've not seen any of them yet, some of the troops can just kill you through the rift doesn't matter cataclysm or your own rift through dash. They simply kill you.

And, since Limbo have absolutely no survivability outside the rift - it's totally ruined my favorite frame... 

well, i was doing the highest level bounty standing still, just keeping cataclysm up around 3/5 of the excavators while another limbo did the other 2/5. Neither of us ever went down, and I for one had 0 issue staying up, just shooting the targets that are priority keeps me up. I have 300/300 shield and health so its not like i'm using health mods or anything. Only times i have gone down as limbo so far has been when i didn't know how to stop the nullifiers from spawning and when i was really confused over a nekros' summons compared to enemies that was attacking the summons didn't know which to shoot and it got me killed.

1 hour ago, JotunFrost said:

I'm gonna give you some of my top tips here. Limbo can fight with the best of them if you can learn to evade incoming damage. Keep moving, slip into the rift when you get caught in a crossfire or when you need to reload. A good way to practice is on Sortie Defense, banishing the Operative instead of using a cataclysm. You can use Banish if you need a group of enemies to not be doing what they're doing but don't have the firepower or the time to kill them instantly, which depending on group size is quite likely. Quick Thinking is also a good option since you can restore energy so easily.

Oh, and invest in Arcane Guardian and Magus Nourish/Elevate or some other kind of healing. Limbo doesn't have much survivability, but with a bit of foresight, Limbo can handle content without relying on hiding in the rift all the time.

So for the sake of clarity; the hyenas(?) are immune to rifts, thus stasis can't stop them, but they also can't hurt you since you are in the rift? Does that sound correct?

@mrhapps, I'm playing solo, maybe thats why. I taking all incoming damage.

@Loza03, Limbo is my main. I know, how to handle things. I can easily avoid danger in endless runs, or in sorties. But in here. I'm dashing in the rift for take a breath and something killed me. Another try - same. I don't have Magus Elevate yet (I had a big pause in game). Think it would be usefull, but not when you get one or two shots till death.

Edited by JotunFrost
T9

8 hours ago, JotunFrost said:

@Loza03, Limbo is my main. I know, how to handle things. I can easily avoid danger in endless runs, or in sorties. But in here. I'm dashing in the rift for take a breath and something killed me. Another try - same. I don't have Magus Elevate yet (I had a big pause in game). Think it would be usefull, but not when you get one or two shots till death.

Well, in that case, first off, sorry for underestimating you. And I've not experienced this myself so I don't know how to help, I'm afraid.

wouldnt be surprised if its intentional, a max range, high duration, low str limbo can trivialise pretty much anything with cata/stasis.