Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive

White_Matter

57 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You've wasted people's time, I've wasted yours, it's only fair.

It's not fair for 2 reasons.

First off I wasted no ones time. I asked a simple question that could have been answered by a single sentence(which already was before you replied btw). Second off, you didn't just waste my time, you wasted your own time as well, along with whoever might read this. Which could have been easily avoided if you had get off your high horse and tried to contribute to the community or just ignored this thread. 

On 2018-11-09 at 6:32 AM, HugintheCrow said:

What kind of argument is that? Learning information about the game from the first-hand source (the devs) IS playing the game.

No it's not. People often ask important questions here. Yours is not.

You really expect everyone to read every single little details in the patchnotes that are over 20 pages long.

People don't even read though User Agreements, you really expect people to read a freaking book of a list of bugfixes? Don't be a weirdo and just help people out

On 2018-11-09 at 7:50 AM, HugintheCrow said:

You've wasted people's time, I've wasted yours, it's only fair.

Yeah, but you started it, once again, a simple answer would have solved all of this, I was looking for where to get the parts for them when I came over this too and Im not going to read 15+ plus pages just to find out and thanks to you complaining instead of providing a reasonable answer such as "Oh you can craft them at X who can be found X and you get the parts from X" people who just want to find the answer to this question DO have to read multiple pages instead of 2-5 posts

edit: oh also, you get them as offerings and other rewards from Ventkids standing

Edited by Zanstheskeleton

• 1 month later...

I have a big issue with the pricing of the K-drive parts that you buy from the ventkids.
If you are a non-plat player, (an there has to be a few out there among the many warframe user across the many systems, PC or console) that going to be a lot of Grinding, ( of both kinds)

as it stands right now, it cost 5,000 Ventkids  standing for each of the 4 starting parts, this includes the Board, the Reactor, the Nose and the Jet, for a total of  20,000 standing, just 2,000 standing shy from earning a the second rank and title from the ventkids. 

An the only way to earn standing is to do tricks, grind rails and maybe do ventkids races. 
which can take a long time, as I maybe earn maybe 40 points for a basic trick, to maybe 100 to 200 if I do a long rail grind then end it with some sort of Mid-air trick.

So earning points to buy a blueprint from the ventkids, is not very cost 
effective.

I think that the cost for the starting parts need to be lowered, maybe 1,000 for the starting parts, so you can maybe have enough points to buy the 4 blueprints needed to build the basic K-drive  

Even after the nerf, it only takes 20 - 30 minutes for me to hit my daily max (26000)

Go to "The Pearl", capture the base, then jump and grind around the sphere thing. I don't know if consoles got the patch that made it slightly harder, but if so then simply jumping over each of the supports isn't enough, you have to alternate between the spin-jump and the flip-jump. Every 3000 points (which is a bit of a pain because your score is a number and a multiplier like 115 x24) let go of the "grind" and let the counter reset. You get 1/4 of those points as standing. 

Since you own the base, enemies don't spawn there so you're generally not going to be disturbed (though they can walk in, so every once in a while you'll have to take a break and kill a moa or two).

Gives me fierce hand cramps after a while, but I've not seen or heard of anything faster

Edited by FenricFox

12 minutes ago, FenricFox said:

Even after the nerf, it only takes 20 - 30 minutes for me to hit my daily max (26000)

Go to "The Pearl", capture the base, then jump and grind around the sphere thing. I don't know if consoles got the patch that made it slightly harder, but if so then simply jumping over each of the supports isn't enough, you have to alternate between the spin-jump and the flip-jump. Every 3000 points (which is a bit of a pain because your score is a number and a multiplier like 115 x24) let go of the "grind" and let the counter reset. You get 1/4 of those points as standing. 

Since you own the base, enemies don't spawn there so you're generally not going to be disturbed (though they can walk in, so every once in a while you'll have to take a break and kill a moa or two).

Gives me fierce hand cramps after a while, but I've not seen or heard of anything faster

Thats why I'm happy to take my time and just do a few races every now and then. Not gonna risk RSI / carpal tunnel syndrome just to progress more quickly. :wink: 

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thats why I'm happy to take my time and just do a few races every now and then. Not gonna risk RSI / carpal tunnel syndrome just to progress more quickly. :wink: 

Yes... I don't really want to contemplate the "was it worth it" angle (answer: no, of course not)