Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Fetch" mod

(XBOX)SolsticeTheFox

On 2018-11-09 at 2:32 PM, LosI3andit said:

Well the pet vacuums loot all around the map and you pick up the ones closest to you, simple as that.

They use gather-link, meaning pickups are from you no matter what. The sentinel nor pet actually pick up mods themselves. 

I've just got a moa pet and they use vacuum so you dont actually need fetch for them fortunately. I still need to guild it, but they seem promising.

On 2018-11-09 at 2:07 PM, gtvpo said:

The only thing gimping your builds is terrible ai. Kubvats are only good for their precepts and they have no business being in combat, maybe with the exception of venari. They all suck at killing enemies.

I've seen my Kubrow tear a level 80 Heavy Gunner in half. Like left and right halves. Never seen a Sentinel do that.

I love how people don't forma their cats and dogs or put any mods on them then say they suck. 🙄

On 2018-11-14 at 11:21 AM, (XB1)N7 Tigger said:

I've seen my Kubrow tear a level 80 Heavy Gunner in half. Like left and right halves. Never seen a Sentinel do that.

I love how people don't forma their cats and dogs or put any mods on them then say they suck. 🙄

damage is pointless if you cannot direct it. Sentinels suck too. They have redeeming qualities. Combat prowess is not the redeeming principle. If I can't kill it faster than my doggo/kitty can, i'm there for fun and relative power is pointless anyhow.

On 2018-11-08 at 11:11 PM, Keagian said:

Well technique speaking they did give players what they want, which is vacuum on pets. What most players don't realize is that vacuum on sentient actually have items suck towards them not the Warframe. However I will say that DE knew what the player base wanted when they asked for Vacuum on the pets, but they decided to implement the current mod which actually makes it worst to collect items as your pet will run away from you or all around the map.

😑 A proper “Fetch” Mod would operate like a retriever and bring it straight to you.

Are you saying Companions are loot magnets and it just drops near them?

first off i understand your anger guys, you simply wanted universal vacuum on the WF alone. What they offered is the balanced compromise, If they offered universal as you see it, there'd be no need for a companion at all. I have a adarza kavat and a huras kubro, neither one is very good at all. The kubro is only good for getting stuck under stairs and the Adarza only does a crit every other blue moon, so I use a carrier with vaccum. If they just did as you wished, then where is the options, or compromises? One of the thing i liked pre fetch, is there was a reason and a drawback to each choice. I half expected fetch to destroy that balance, but it maintains it. There is still pros and cons to each choice, so i'm happy. I can still run my carrier, you can still run your pets, nothing has changed. Well one thing has changed, since Moa's can run senteniel mods, now vacuum can have the exact same drawback as fetch if you put it on a Moa. so technically nothing has changed

19 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

first off i understand your anger guys, you simply wanted universal vacuum on the WF alone. What they offered is the balanced compromise, If they offered universal as you see it, there'd be no need for a companion at all. I have a adarza kavat and a huras kubro, neither one is very good at all. The kubro is only good for getting stuck under stairs and the Adarza only does a crit every other blue moon, so I use a carrier with vaccum. If they just did as you wished, then where is the options, or compromises? One of the thing i liked pre fetch, is there was a reason and a drawback to each choice. I half expected fetch to destroy that balance, but it maintains it. There is still pros and cons to each choice, so i'm happy. I can still run my carrier, you can still run your pets, nothing has changed. Well one thing has changed, since Moa's can run senteniel mods, now vacuum can have the exact same drawback as fetch if you put it on a Moa. so technically nothing has changed

you're late, my friend. Uni-Vac is now (technically ) a thing. also, a vacuum Uni-frame would not destroy... anything? anyway, as i was about to say, now Vacuum and Fetch, when equiped, don't create the vacuum centered around the companion. now it's created around the Warframe. meaning, if you equip Vacuum, your Warframe ( and not your sentinel anymore ) will get 11.5 vacuum range, and if you equip fetch on your  animal a vacuum of 13.5 meter will be created around your Warframe, not around your Kavat. i really don't understand why you think it would detroy the balance, because it didn't. sentinels are still used, and Kavat are seeing more use, now, simple. here is the thread that changed how Fetch Worked.