Andrew7811

research procedures for new weapons are unacceptable

Currently, you have to spend 72 hours to research the first weapon then 72 hours to research the next weapon and then another 72 hours to research the next new weapon that came out with this fortuna update. That's 9 days MINIMUM to be able to research all the weapons released in this update and I find that waiting more than a week to be able to get the new weapons on top of gathering Fortuna resources to be unacceptable. Please do not make us do one after another, make us be able to do them all simultaneously if we have the resources to do so. I have never seen an update where multiple research weapons have been released require each other to be researched. This 9 day long arbitrary time gate is ridiculous...

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 3

No, it is not. It is literally so people don't blast through content and incentives bypassing the wait with plat. You know, the thing that's been around for a long time. 

Unless you want another hema cost situation.

• Upvote 5

All dojo weapons have been subjected to prerequisite research and 72 timing since there were weapons to research. It is nothing new. 

That doesn’t mean it is all well and good, I’m just saying it is keeping with normal research. As stated above, it is to keep people from burning through content too past.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

No, it is not. It is literally so people don't blast through content and incentives bypassing the wait with plat. You know, the thing that's been around for a long time. 

Unless you want another hema cost situation.

I get that if wanting it now you can buy with plat but the number of days spent waiting is rediculous considering that "tenno reinforcements" aren't really supposed to be fortuna content. I understand that being able to get all of the kitguns in nine days is ridiculously fast but regular weapons that are coming out of the market aren't supposed to be locked behind such a long time gate

• Woah 1

Just now, (PS4)Kamranos said:

All dojo weapons have been subjected to prerequisite research and 72 timing since there were weapons to research. It I should nothing new. 

That doesn’t mean it is all well and good, I’m just saying it is keeping with normal research. As stated above, it is to keep people from burning through content too past.

all of the new dojo weapons ARE subjected to the 72 hour delay as per normal. But by releasing them on the same update and requiring each other to be researched effectively tripled the research time needed. I DO NOT have a problem with the 72 hour interval. I have a problem with one requiring the other to be researched

• Upvote 1

Just now, Andrew7811 said:

I get that if wanting it now you can buy with plat but the number of days spent waiting is rediculous considering that "tenno reinforcements" aren't really supposed to be fortuna content. I understand that being able to get all of the kitguns in nine days is ridiculously fast but regular weapons that are coming out of the market aren't supposed to be locked behind such a long time gate

You say "aren't" when that's how it's been. They're dojo research, they're meant to give a clan something to work towards together. That's why some weapons have prerequisites. You just seem impatient, waiting 9 days isn't that bad. Not like these weapons came on their own. There's a whole update that came with them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

You say "aren't" when that's how it's been. They're dojo research, they're meant to give a clan something to work towards together. That's why some weapons have prerequisites. You just seem impatient, waiting 9 days isn't that bad. Not like these weapons came on their own. There's a whole update that came with them.

I am okay with waiting 72 hours to get new weapons from the dojo. That's what I am ok with. Not waiting NINE DAYS MINIMUM because they have to be researched one after the other. I want to be clear on that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew7811 said:

I am okay with waiting 72 hours to get new weapons from the dojo. That's what I am ok with. Not waiting NINE DAYS MINIMUM because they have to be researched one after the other. I want to be clear on that

Uh... I... Uh think that the delay is actually in line with the wait for the stuff in the dojo?

The dojo has research prerequisites, so if you build a new lab in a new dojo, there's a research order, you can't just go ahead and craft everything in that lab on day 1 even with an infinite amount of materials available to you. You have to wait. 

So, unless they changed dojos when I built mine, being OK with the 72 hr wait = being OK with the 9 days. 

So.. Uh... Yeah? 

I'm actually OK with these chained dependencies. Provided that the costs are reasonable (I haven't logged on since the update, but since fieldron samples do actually drop in normal missions, it's quite likely), I don't actually mind waiting a few days to get each weapon in turn. Absurd costs like the Hema and "jump now because we command it" crap like alertium send me into a violent rage, but I don't have any issue with waiting. I've got plenty of other games that I can play in the meantime (X Rebirth is strikingly beautiful).

• Upvote 1