Garuda - General Feedback

CuteFoxyFox

First of all gonna say... I love her. Design, apperance, skills this is just amazing. So let me start with few things that could be tweaked here and there

-----------

Passive:

Can we have some time before the bonus runs out? You just trying not to die, you cant keep the buff up

Passive 2.0 Claws/Talons:

Thank you. Thank you. I was really worried we get to see her epic weapon only on her 1st ability but this idea is just too good. Have nothing to say here. Perfectly made.

--------------

1st ability:

- I know this is a execution ability buuuut it can use some more damage. Since you know... if you can Dash with your ability and doesnt kill anybody or shot with your opticor or arca plasmor instead to kill everything in sight... what would most ppl do?

- A bit hard to hit. I mean to lock on enemies. Often says "Wrong target" even if i see the target and lets say he is behind some kind of resoruce container. Its a bit annoying.

- Please make it possible to jump while holding the Bloody Orb. She feels so slow when I can not jump while Im prepearing the orb.

-------------

2nd ability

- Overall nice but same problems with targeting as 1st ability.

- Enemies often dies from impact and you get no heal.

------------

3rd

- Was not the fan of the ability but can say it is usefull.

- My numer one problem is... i cant control my health. It is a lottery for me "How much HP will it take from me? will i die after using it? How much Energy do i get and how many HP do i lose?" you get me?

-------------

4th

- Lacking some damage... would use some kind of buff on it. Maybe let it create the bloody orbs to let us kill the enemies which survived?

- Please... let me jump during this. Same as with the 1st ability. She feels slow and defenceless during holding the ability.

-------------

That Is all i have for now. Gonna post more when i forma her etc but from first impresions this is what I would like to see to be changed.

But overall... love her skillset. She feels nice, not clunky... despite of how much HP do i lose and a bit low on damage but she is nice!

Please consider some damage buffs for her kit!

Love you! DE!

I shall stay with you on this  journey forever!

=============================================================================================

Update

Played with her a little bit more and compared to the other Warframes she seems slow.

Some warframes can clear whole map with one skill and I get that Garuda may be more like single target frame But she still need to jump to the enemy or Hold her 1 or 4 for a long time to get some damage done. Defenietly Need a bit more Fluent movement and Faster casting.

- Jumping and aim gliding during 4 and while holding bloody orb

- Blood orb should shot faster

Here I will end update nr 1 - may write more when I play her more. Thanks ❤️

Edited by CuteFoxyFox

She's new so she's new to everybody.  I will not claim to have the expertise with her that I do with my specialized frames i have hundreds of hours in like Gara.  That being said my impressions are as follows:

Fun Factor:  7/10 - this would be 8/10 but i have encountered bugs with her dread mirror where it breaks requiring death or host migration.

Power: 6/10 - While she's fun to play, she's no contest compared to my Gara/Equinox in terms of sheer destructive power.  This may be because i'm still learning how to play her.

Appearance: 9/10 - beautiful frame.  Please add the ability to reskin the claws as big meaty lobster claws though.

Usefulness: 7/10 - She can heal, fight, nuke and do a lot of cool stuff.  Overall I feel like i'm useful to my group.  Am i as useful as if I brought a massively powerful frame?  Well it depends on the situation...

Overall Impression - Good frame.  I am  happy I bought her.  No regrets.

Opinion may be subject to change as I learn more about how to play this frame.

4 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

Garuda doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things , because it lacks any sort of team synergy .

Basicly a warframe for the solo players and captura posers .

There are plenty frames which offer less to a squad. You can stack blood alters and put a very large range on them. That is a lot of healing, it certainly outshines Broberon who is a solid frame these days.

Just now, Aeryes said:

There are plenty frames which offer less to a squad. You can stack blood alters and put a very large range on them. That is a lot of healing, it certainly outshines Broberon who is a solid frame these days.

Whatever floats your boat homeslice.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb CuteFoxyFox:

Passive 2.0 Claws/Talons: 

Thank you. Thank you. I was really worried we get to see her epic weapon only on her 1st ability but this idea is just too good. Have nothing to say here. Perfectly made.

I beg to differ. The weapon itself is quite useful but the implementation is lacking.

I had hoped that Garuda would be able to be played with just her Passive weapon. But that is not the case. You have to equip another Weapon Primary or Secondary just to be able to use her passive... This slows down the Speed in which you can Rank her up from 0-30 significantly.

It would be better to allow her to use no other weapons as Garuda always has a Melee Weapon equipped.

what would most ppl do?

Jump an Enemy and begin the Bloodbath while being shielded. The Ability kills any target that has <35% Health and opens the target for ground finisher. With her Claws there aren't many Enemies that can walk away after you hit them with this combo.

"Wrong target"

that's a pathfinding problem you can fix with jumping and then activating the Ability (this works for me 99% of the time)

2nd ability 

this is the most overpowered Ability in her Kit IMO. It has Hard CC, Insane Healing and is really quick to cast. Also it can be used to quickly reposition yourself.

How much HP will it take from me?

about 50% of Max HP

How much Energy do i get

depends on Power Strength with 196% its about 70% max Energy per cast.

if you have problems with dying a free casting, try setting up her 2nd first and then use her 3rd just one time.

About her 3rd skill, I'm at 175% efficiency and for 50% hp it gives me 100% energy back. That's quite good, but it simply doesn't make sense to scale this ability on efficiency. (because it also reduces the cost of other skills, so the huge energy regen you have isn't usefull this way).

Quick opinion on her kit.

1- The "jump and slash" part is cool and interesting (even if it really lacks damage). It's quite buggy also (even a tiny thing on floor can stop you to use it), and with a clunky feeling (not enough smooth and fast animation/transition even with dedicated mods). But the charge release aspect is very strange on my opinion. It can deal massive amount of damage, but it's a ranged skill, a caster style, not a melee oriented style at all. Not my cup of tea at all this charged blast, but why not.^^

EDIT : I forgot to say that Viral proc + 1st skill means 85% life of the target is destroyed. (need to proc viral first, then do a bit damage and 1st skill. it's a heavy hiting combo, but illogical mechanism if you play melee (why the hell begin the fight by running to hit with weapon BEFORE using her jumping slash?), very strong if you play ranged (bullitos/proc, 1st skill. dead). I hope the debuff (kill under 35%hp) can stay on target a few seconds... not sure. I'll edit after testing more).

EDIT 2 : as I thought, the 35%hp killing debuff needs to be applied after any other damages to trigger.

2- The heal is interesting, the cc effect is cool also. But the radius is way too small!

3- As said at the beginning of this message, massive regen but non-sense of scaling this skill on efficiency.

4- Very very strange. Charge time is too long/slow for her kind of mechanism. Damage is almost zero. The "marking" is interesting, but very badly designed and with no explanation at all!

Passive: Hard to say, as it's said "huge risk and huge benefits". Not enough benefits on my opinion considering the risks. It's fun trying to stay at 2hp, but you need a lot of mods on your frame to make it "almost" work (and it's not that easy and it's a lot of slots you can't use for other mods... ). SO it needs to change drastically on my opinion. If you want to keep the idea of "low hp high damage", give us something like a scaling armor boost or damage reduction buff when on low hp...

Talons: interesting, but... hummm... not very powerfull at all. Many other melee are simply better. It's not bad, but not good at the same time. ^^

Stats: good armor, energy is fine also. but shield/life values.... I don't like it. Either make her a life only, or another idea like that. But these stats are not "too bad". Her speed is a bit low on my opninion.

Style: she looks GREAT. Very stylish also. Her animations are also very good.

Overall : I think she comes from a very good idea... but the way it's made is simply clunky and not logic. For example let's say you build her as a healer, then you simply can find better frames, but moreover it's just a random frame like any other in this perspective. You build her for melee slashing? Quite cool. But not very efficient, too risky and clunky (after patchs it'll be better for the jump targetting issue I hope. I know jumping before her 1 solve often the problem, but it's quite awfull). And please Improve her talons! Give us the desire to use it! Give it something particular, like a blood whip effect with better range, or speed, or a splasing bloody mess aoe damage effect... or aplly her mark on hit! 😉

The mark system could be an interesting core aspect of Garuda. For now it's not very interesting, not enough developped.

Edited by Ashnur

1 hour ago, Ashnur said:

Passive: Hard to say, as it's said "huge risk and huge benefits". Not enough benefits on my opinion considering the risks. It's fun trying to stay at 2hp, but you need a lot of mods on your frame to make it "almost" work (and it's not that easy and it's a lot of slots you can't use for other mods... ). SO it needs to change drastically on my opinion. If you want to keep the idea of "low hp high damage", give us something like a scaling armor boost or damage reduction buff when on low hp...

This is definitely my biggest issue with Garuda and making the passive more worthwhile would also fix the other small problems I have. You don't get anywhere near enough of a bonus to justify putting yourself in such a dangerous situation. It also has the side effect of making her 3 pointless as her passive is so weak the only time you'll use 3 is for energy and realistically you wont even use it for that, its just not safe enough and I think most people would rather just wait a few seconds for zenurik or put an energy pizza down.

I also think her directional shield is a bit stupid given the idea of her risk vs reward design. That said if her passive gave you a much more substantial bonus I can see the shield being quite nice as it adds a major skill cap to her. Essentially you can maintain a crazy damage bonus but you need very good awareness to take advantage of it given your rear and flank is exposed. That's how you do risk vs reward. I really hope her passive gets one hell of a buff, it would literally solve all of her problems.

Oh and if anyone at DE is reading this I'd be totally fine with only weapons getting the bonus from her passive if that's what it takes to get it buffed.

Edited by Aeryes

So I've encountered something interesting regarding the use of her 4 in conjunction with her 1. Chipping away at enemies with Seeking Talons, then charging up and hitting an enemy with the Blood Orb from her 1st ability adds on an INSANELY powerful damage over time to anyone hit by the Orb's splash damage. I'll add a video to show exactly what I mean.

I'm not sure if this is an intended synergy with her, or a bug, but either way this vastly changes my opinion of her, that combination is pretty damn strong.

Aeryes : Many players are agree with us, that is to say : her passive is a real issue.

It's quite strange, on my opinion, to find some "not designed to be tanky"  frames in the roster like Mesa or Nova that can be more durable/safe than Garuda. WIth steel fiber she has 630 armor. Let's say you also wear Health Conversion with 3 buffs... with both it's like 87% dmg reduc if I'm correct. It's less than Nova 1st (up to 90%) and idem for Mesa.... but Garuda is made to go at close range (closer you're more exposed as we all agree). So this passive is linked to a major design problem : this frame is not a melee nor a ranged one. She's both and neither at the same time.

About the directionnal shield now. Let's take zephyr with his deflect, it's a kind of shield also. He is not designed to be a melee (so, he's more safe), and his shield is completely around him (so when not on melee he's very very durable). Even at close range, he doesn't need to turn his neck 180° every seconds just in fear of a bullet from 50m in his back^^

Edited by Ashnur

il y a 8 minutes, ReaperRai a dit :

So I've encountered something interesting regarding the use of her 4 in conjunction with her 1. Chipping away at enemies with Seeking Talons, then charging up and hitting an enemy with the Blood Orb from her 1st ability adds on an INSANELY powerful damage over time to anyone hit by the Orb's splash damage. I'll add a video to show exactly what I mean.

I'm not sure if this is an intended synergy with her, or a bug, but either way this vastly changes my opinion of her, that combination is pretty damn strong.

Yep. Some players also reported this.

It seems to be linked to the "mark" effect of her 4. Or the Mark effect do nothing and it's a bug. 😉

1 minute ago, Ashnur said:

Yep. Some players also reported this.

It seems to be linked to the "mark" effect of her 4. Or the Mark effect do nothing and it's a bug. 😉

I hope it's intentional, it definitely makes her a LOT more powerful.

Also I definitely think that her passive needs some sort of duration or a decay time like Saryn's Spores. Like if you take yourself down to 2 HP, you'll maintain that 100% damage boost if you heal back up to full for around say, 10 seconds, then after 10 seconds, the buff will start to decay until you lower your HP again.

il y a 5 minutes, ReaperRai a dit :

I hope it's intentional, it definitely makes her a LOT more powerful.

Also I definitely think that her passive needs some sort of duration or a decay time like Saryn's Spores. Like if you take yourself down to 2 HP, you'll maintain that 100% damage boost if you heal back up to full for around say, 10 seconds, then after 10 seconds, the buff will start to decay until you lower your HP again.

Interesting idea. Let's say like Saryn, as long as there are enemies with a mark you can maintain the buff...

I really like this "marking" idea. It's a shame it's not more a core aspect of her. (moreover, with a helmet called "Batory"... a blood bathing queen like that sure Marks people a lot! ^_^)

Also the stunning effect of her 4 gives you a nice opening to use your 3 a few times for the damage boost, charge up the blood orb, then quickly skewer one of the enemies with your 2 in order to heal yourself back up while the enemies die of blood loss. It's a really fun mechanic that I can exploit rather easily in the Simulacrum. So I'll charge my 4 up from behind cover since it ignores line of sight, release it, use my 3 once or twice, charge ahead with my 1, release the blood orb, then heal back up with my 2.

il y a 19 minutes, ReaperRai a dit :

Also the stunning effect of her 4 gives you a nice opening to use your 3 a few times for the damage boost, charge up the blood orb, then quickly skewer one of the enemies with your 2 in order to heal yourself back up while the enemies die of blood loss. It's a really fun mechanic that I can exploit rather easily in the Simulacrum. So I'll charge my 4 up from behind cover since it ignores line of sight, release it, use my 3 once or twice, charge ahead with my 1, release the blood orb, then heal back up with my 2.

Yup. That's a nice combo. 🙂

But frankly... To simply kill a bunch of mobs, you need to use her 4, several times her 3, at least 1 time her 2, many times her 1.... It's a bit too much. Even if this mechanism is cool, it's way too much. There might be a better way, a compromise, between the "one push kill everything" and her actual "push 36 buttons to kill". ^^

Even if it's cool... you might end up simply using... a weapon. 😉

It is a lot, but sometimes a lot is fun. Could it be better? Yeah, but it also doesn't need to be super ridiculous either. I think she could use a few tweaks here and there: A duration on her passive, improved targetting for her 1 (I get a lot of "invalid target") and maybe a bit of an extra boost on her 3 to make it a bit more useful to balance out the risk vs reward tactic she has going for her.

il y a 5 minutes, Anthraxicus a dit :

Garuda shouldn't be separated from her talons

😉

About her Talons... Stats seems "ok" at first sight, but frankly, it's not that good. For example Nami Skyla prime (yeah a good one I know^^), way better cc (20 vs 10), same status (30), way better attack speed (1.33 vs 1.00), a bit less damage (96 vs 115)... choose your poison 😉

I think her claws are pretty good. Not the best claws in the game, for sure, but they do have benefits that other claws don't have. They're the only primarily status-based claw weapon in the game with a base status chance of 30%, making them a fantatastic choice for Viral/Slash+Condition Overload. They also have the longest reach of any other claw weapon, as far as I can tell. Plus they just look awesome. I think the only downside is that you're locked out of rivens, so your damage options are fairly limited in that regard.

10 minutes ago, Ashnur said:

😉

About her Talons... Stats seems "ok" at first sight, but frankly, it's not that good. For example Nami Skyla prime (yeah a good one I know^^), way better cc (20 vs 10), same status (30), way better attack speed (1.33 vs 1.00), a bit less damage (96 vs 115)... choose your poison 😉

I am actually a bit disappointed at her talons. DE should have made them a secondary melee, meaning you could still carry a melee weapon. Or her talons should have some kind of built-in feature, like life steal or increase the duration of the shield with each kill, something like that.

Yeah. her Talons are good. Just not great. And compared to some precise weapons, it's better to use these (Nami Skyla p for example, the faster you are the more procs).

(Btw, I just did the math, Talons and Nami S p have the exact same ration in slash vs other damages 😉)

I think Relentless Combination is maybe an interesting way of moding her Talons.

@Antraxius I'm of the same advice. I'll persist and say the MArking feature should be something integrated in this weapon to give it a special flavour. 🙂

MAYBE just add the effect on her 4 that the slash proc increase combo counter with Relentless Combination? (since as explained in the description, her 4 is a skill based on her weapon, her Talons "Sanguine blood boils beneath Garuda as her talons quiver in anticipation" wiki)

Edited by Ashnur

I mainly think her 3 and 4 need changes, especially 4.

Garuda's 3 is mostly fine except for the fact that the energy restore scales off of Efficiency, why would I need 3 if I built for efficiency? It means that I can't do a negative efficiency build because then everything would cost too much AND I can't restore energy with her 3.

Her 4 though... oh boy. I built for 333% ability strength and I couldn't even kill a singular Lvl 80 Corrupted Heavy gunner with it. Talk about a waste of 100 energy. Not to mention the more targets there are the less damage it does, let's not forget Warframe is about killing a S#&amp;&#036;-ton of enemies most of the time. This ability loses basically all use past lvl 50 enemies, also the "marks" it leaves on enemies don't seem to be the new "marks" that your pets can do because the mark damage mods did nothing for the damage of this ability.

Her 1 and 2 are fine tbh, 1 is a bit weird that you're supposed to both kill enemies and start/upkeep your shield with it. Her 2 is fantastic though, thanks that ability she is currently just a healer. With just her 2 I could survive with quite ease against 20 lvl 125 corrupted heavy gunners with a mix of Strength and Range- build in the image.m2QDq3A.png

il y a 8 minutes, Kittsu a dit :

I mainly think her 3 and 4 need changes, especially 4.

Garuda's 3 is mostly fine except for the fact that the energy restore scales off of Efficiency, why would I need 3 if I built for efficiency? It means that I can't do a negative efficiency build because then everything would cost too much AND I can't restore energy with her 3.

I'm perfectly agree with you. Efficiency scaling is a really stupid idea for this skill. (a skill that gives energy gives more energy the less it cost even if this skill doesn't cost any energy from the start..mehhh Oo ...  and why bother using this skill to replenish energy if we need to build around efficiency? It's an overkill of energy regen and energy reduction cost for other skills). But tbh, when you try this skill at 175% efficiency it's quite good. 50% hp for 100% energy it's not bad. It's just that it should scale on power strength i guess.

il y a 8 minutes, Kittsu a dit :

also the "marks" it leaves on enemies don't seem to be the new "marks" that your pets can do because the mark damage mods did nothing for the damage of this ability.

It's said on the wiki that her 4 leaves "garuda mark"... I was also hoping some interactions, but you confirmed my hopes were weaker than my pragmatism! 😉

Her passive is definitely one of her biggest flaws.
As well as the directional shield on her 1.

I feel like her passive should be something more related to slash procs. Like say the more slash procs that are active or the stronger the bleed is the more damage she does, or the less damage she takes, or she gains a strong passive healing. This would mean her 4 is a strong CC, and a buff when fired off on a large group.
As she is now the buff is useless since it doesn't last, you really do not ever want to sit at 2 HP, plus an ally might just heal you back to full anyway.

I feel her shield from 1 should also be all directions since its hella dangerous to jump AT enemies at higher levels. You are left way open during and after the leap.