Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda - General Feedback

CuteFoxyFox

12 minutes ago, Kittsu said:

I mainly think her 3 and 4 need changes, especially 4.

Garuda's 3 is mostly fine except for the fact that the energy restore scales off of Efficiency, why would I need 3 if I built for efficiency? It means that I can't do a negative efficiency build because then everything would cost too much AND I can't restore energy with her 3.

Her 4 though... oh boy. I built for 333% ability strength and I couldn't even kill a singular Lvl 80 Corrupted Heavy gunner with it. Talk about a waste of 100 energy. Not to mention the more targets there are the less damage it does, let's not forget Warframe is about killing a S#&$-ton of enemies most of the time. This ability loses basically all use past lvl 50 enemies, also the "marks" it leaves on enemies don't seem to be the new "marks" that your pets can do because the mark damage mods did nothing for the damage of this ability.

Her 1 and 2 are fine tbh, 1 is a bit weird that you're supposed to both kill enemies and start/upkeep your shield with it. Her 2 is fantastic though, thanks that ability she is currently just a healer. With just her 2 I could survive with quite ease against 20 lvl 125 corrupted heavy gunners with a mix of Strength and Range- build in the image.m2QDq3A.png

The marks on enemies left by your 4th are supposed to be used your 1st. Marked enemies take extra damage (a lot more) from your 1st ability.

I think calling her ok is generous - even ignoring all the bugs. Her 1 is extremely unreliable and it's basically useless when you're not camping in a corner (and even then it doesn't cover you fully in most corners....). Her 2 is static, has a low range and doesn't actually keep squishy frames or objectives alive; it's just another (unreliable) back up for tanks. Her 3... i don't even know... just use it after you've killed an energy leech don't build around it. 4 ... well worthless at lvls where weapons or abilities alone kill enemies and not enough to bring her after that. Her 1-3-3-4-charged1 combo is worse than just shooting a Lenz a couple of times. 

All casting animations have to be shorter/quicker. All. of. them.

1. Shield needs to be bigger and curved 

2. More range - double it or something

3. Depends on other changes

4. I don't even know

Edited by catalyst22

The more I think about her 1, her passive and her 4, the more I think there's a big issue in the way her skills have been designed. The graphic style is great. It's a gory mess, that's what we all like. 😉 (I'm a bit more sceptical with Talons. doesn't look bad, but not bloody enough on my opinion. It's just a weapon, reversed, on her forearms. Nothing more. And btw a cool animation when switching to this weapon could also be cool. For now, it's just a fast anim, without any style, with a *wolvie claw sound* if you see what I mean.)

For example, before DE changed her 4 in the past few days since players didn't like the first version, they had an idea (I guess). They changed it for our benefit. But the way this skill is released, the graphic Mark, the lack of informations... it looks like it's been rushed. No complain! I'm happy to have a new frame to play with, but I hope DE will take a look on the feedbacks to enhance our playtime with this gory baby! ^_^

Btw about feedbacks, there's a bug sometimes with her Talons. Naramon "Power Spike" sometimes doesn't work at all. At least for me. Building combo like crazy, just waiting to see what happens... and sometimes it's working (slight decrease over time), sometimes combo counter goes *pouf!* to zero. No idea why. Maybe I'm missing something, but it feels strange.

I love her. She'll become a great frame with an insane crazy style.

But I hope DE is reading these threads, because she really NEEDS  some tweaks! Some might say some love too. 😉

Just some more ideas on her kit :

1- Like Oberon, range also change overall angle. The more you have the more you're close to 360°. (maybe tweak for duration on her jump length?) And of course, why does she have to release a "ball" of damage? why simply not giving her 1st skill a dmg boost on next trigger? (dmg stacking we've see this plenty times... try to not gives us something similar or useles... keep her focused on her talons maybe?) (and btw, this skill SHOULD be linked to her talons of course since she uses it to jump/slash^^)

2- Like catalyst said, like many people said : MORE RADIUS ffs!

3- Scaling to strength instead of efficiency. (really stupid idea this efficiency scaling)

4- Hummmm lower cost, more damage, rework even maybe? (for now it's almost useless omho) (best play : simply rework this. The Mark mechanism is something very interesting, you even developped mods with the same logic in this update... why not go full course with this?)

Passive : A resilience buff that goes up the lower your health is, otherwise there's no point in it. (or a complete change maybe^^)

Talons : Something more tasty, something more special. For now it's just a good weapon. Nothing more. Not the best, not the worst, just a good weapon. I bet no Riven are possible for this obviously (better this way^^). So... how to compete with other weapons, and let's say "exalted" weapons? (Talons are not, but it's still a frame-only-weapon isn't it?)

Overall : make something better with the "Mark" concept on her 4. Maybe linked to her passive, maybe also with her talons.

You've done a nice job for this release..... hope you won't end up like the Marvel Heroes team! ^_^

Edited by Ashnur

2 hours ago, Ashnur said:

The more I think about her 1, her passive and her 4, the more I think there's a big issue in the way her skills have been designed. The graphic style is great. It's a gory mess, that's what we all like. 😉 (I'm a bit more sceptical with Talons. doesn't look bad, but not bloody enough on my opinion. It's just a weapon, reversed, on her forearms. Nothing more. And btw a cool animation when switching to this weapon could also be cool. For now, it's just a fast anim, without any style, with a *wolvie claw sound* if you see what I mean.)

For example, before DE changed her 4 in the past few days since players didn't like the first version, they had an idea (I guess). They changed it for our benefit. But the way this skill is released, the graphic Mark, the lack of informations... it looks like it's been rushed. No complain! I'm happy to have a new frame to play with, but I hope DE will take a look on the feedbacks to enhance our playtime with this gory baby! ^_^

Btw about feedbacks, there's a bug sometimes with her Talons. Naramon "Power Spike" sometimes doesn't work at all. At least for me. Building combo like crazy, just waiting to see what happens... and sometimes it's working (slight decrease over time), sometimes combo counter goes *pouf!* to zero. No idea why. Maybe I'm missing something, but it feels strange.

I love her. She'll become a great frame with an insane crazy style.

But I hope DE is reading these threads, because she really NEEDS  some tweaks! Some might say some love too. 😉

Just some more ideas on her kit :

1- Like Oberon, range also change overall angle. The more you have the more you're close to 360°. (maybe tweak for duration on her jump length?) And of course, why does she have to release a "ball" of damage? why simply not giving her 1st skill a dmg boost on next trigger? (dmg stacking we've see this plenty times... try to not gives us something similar or useles... keep her focused on her talons maybe?) (and btw, this skill SHOULD be linked to her talons of course since she uses it to jump/slash^^)

2- Like catalyst said, like many people said : MORE RADIUS ffs!

3- Scaling to strength instead of efficiency. (really stupid idea this efficiency scaling)

4- Hummmm lower cost, more damage, rework even maybe? (for now it's almost useless omho) (best play : simply rework this. The Mark mechanism is something very interesting, you even developped mods with the same logic in this update... why not go full course with this?)

Passive : A resilience buff that goes up the lower your health is, otherwise there's no point in it. (or a complete change maybe^^)

Talons : Something more tasty, something more special. For now it's just a good weapon. Nothing more. Not the best, not the worst, just a good weapon. I bet no Riven are possible for this obviously (better this way^^). So... how to compete with other weapons, and let's say "exalted" weapons? (Talons are not, but it's still a frame-only-weapon isn't it?)

Overall : make something better with the "Mark" concept on her 4. Maybe linked to her passive, maybe also with her talons.

You've done a nice job for this release..... hope you won't end up like the Marvel Heroes team! ^_^

I especially agree with you about her Talons. They just feel like another claw weapon. I was hoping for some cool unique stuff for her since only she can use them

The way I would change her talons to improve would be the following:

Animations

-No reusing animations from the claw weapons

-Her idle stance with melee weapon (her talons) equipped would look like this:

9732923b0dea818bde836b220a16a74b.jpg

(perfect for Garuda as she shares a similar stance with this image in her noble animation. Also it would be unique and menacing)

-Her sheathing and unsheathing animations for talons would have to be different. Prehaps she flicks her arms out to the side allowing for a smooth transition to her melee idle stance (the one i suggested)

-She would have her own stance that is exclusive to her talons while matching her style and personality. Animations for her stance would be unique and fun to use.

Mechanics

-buffs for her talons so it would be worth not equipping a melee weapon

-Combos should be fun and effective when in use.

-Can equip talons without having a primary or secondary weapon equipped.

I like Garuda so far but would like to see a few tweaks or improvements.

Abilities:

1st: health to shield and charge % should be effected by power strength, maybe a small forward push back to targets around your leap target so your not shot in the side since this forces you into melee range, another place on UI for orb damage for better visibility.

2nd: add a small 5-20 health regen or minimum health regen that is not based on % of missing health to help with the high slow down of high health healing.

3rd: needs to scale with power strength on gain, also have ability pause passive for a duration after use, possibly add some damage resistance buff. Ability needs a reason to be used for more then just energy.

4th: faster charge speed, starting reticle size increased based on range, and more clarity on what the ability does since people are missing that it marks targets for a chance to proc bleeds from other damage sources for the duration.

Passive: Possibly add damage resistance that scales with life lost(interchangeable with 3rd ability suggestion) 

Garuda's Talon's: Should be select able as a melee weapon so you can go weaponless. 

Well, on the previous feedback thread, just next to the stream, I said that I was abit disapointed by the old style of the 4th ability, and also the look too "technological" of the shield from 1st ability.

All I have to say for the actual Garuda is => She's Perfect now ! (except maybe for the crafting requierment, but I bought the bundle so meh, won't have to craft her anymore XD)

I really enjoy a lot playing her, she can turn in so many way of been played, as a Dps, as a tank, as a support, that's just so cool !

6 hours ago, ReaperRai said:

I hope it's intentional, it definitely makes her a LOT more powerful.

Also I definitely think that her passive needs some sort of duration or a decay time like Saryn's Spores. Like if you take yourself down to 2 HP, you'll maintain that 100% damage boost if you heal back up to full for around say, 10 seconds, then after 10 seconds, the buff will start to decay until you lower your HP again.

and this is genius idea, or even 5 second is fine xD sometime a random trinity heal me when i'm casting my 4 and lost my bonus power :pepehands:
also for the 4 maybe we just need add another 0 to the damage and should solve a lot of damage problem since garuda playstyle should be high risk high reward type frame

I'm really liking Garuda so far.  I don't really have any complaints about her design or her abilities.  She looks like and plays like what Ash Prime would be if he were a femme frame, while still being unique enough to have her own identity.  The passive giving her her own Talons when no melee weapon is equipped is especially nice.

There is however, one small nitpick I have to make with her.  It's not a BIG deal, but it is something of an annoyance:

A5F69272C47E1BA470E0C7A56A2CBB7893011110

While using the Bathory helmet, when strafing to the left while aiming, her head ribbon tends to get in the way of the crosshair.  Aiming at close range like this isn't a big deal, but attempting to shoot a distant target while moving becomes impossible.  Obviously this all depends on the zoom level of the weapon.  Sniper rifles will not have this issue, and neither will weapons with only a small zoom like some shotguns and the full-auto mode of the Argonak, but it is a problem with most weapons, including her Nagantaka crossbow.

It'd be a shame for her to lose that head ribbon on her helmet because it looks really good, so if the game allows it, perhaps make it invisible while using aiming, or reduce how heavily physics can move it side-to-side so that it doesn't interfere with precision aiming on the move.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, ReaperRai said:

So I've encountered something interesting regarding the use of her 4 in conjunction with her 1. Chipping away at enemies with Seeking Talons, then charging up and hitting an enemy with the Blood Orb from her 1st ability adds on an INSANELY powerful damage over time to anyone hit by the Orb's splash damage. I'll add a video to show exactly what I mean.

I'm not sure if this is an intended synergy with her, or a bug, but either way this vastly changes my opinion of her, that combination is pretty damn strong.

There is something so odd that your video really highlights and I'm not sure if it is by design or not but have you noticed that after using her 1 to leap to an enemy, you move back while casting your 4? I keep doing that exact same thing and I swear that her 4's mark doesn't consistently apply unless you move back. It feels so odd and just plain awkward to me.