Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Mass Effect Chronicles

Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

I’ve been working on a Mass Effect/Warframe crossover, which is basically a “Whatif Warframe was in the Mass Effect Universe?”. I’ve got some things down for now, and I’d like your opinion on it.

What I’ve got down:

“My” John Shepard is a Spacer kid who is named a war hero due to holding off the army of slavers during the Skyllian Blitz. He’s also known for the strange golden collar on his neck. His father vanished after he was born, and Eden Prime ended the way it did because the Stalker was sighted near the beacon, with a symbol on his helmet that was similar to one found in his father’s notes.

”My” Tenno, named Zane, is exploring the greater galaxy for information for the Lotus (this happens before The Second Dream) and Tenno Society in general, before meeting Commander Shepard and helping stop the Reapers.

There were also several “disagreements” between the Orokin and the Protheans, but not much else is known about it.

Rubedo is an isotope of Element Zero, that the Orokin would seed on planets with eezo in order to make more of it.

Mass Effect 1 Notes:

The Rachni Queen can sense the “music” coming from the Tenno.

We are introduced to the Stalker, as well as the acolyte Mania, who shows an unusual fixation with Shepard.

As an apology for the Mycona Colony incident, which already happened (and is thus a noodle incident to the Normandy’s crew), Nef Anyo sends an invoice with Saren’s name on it, which also shows how to destroy his base on Virmire without the nuke.

Shepard wants to take Alad V into Alliance custody, but Valkyr won’t have it.

In a surprise twist, The Grineer, with a Balor Fomorian equipped with their first ever Mass Effect Drive, not only save the Council, but also cut the Alliance losses to only three cruisers. For this service, The Kavor form the official reperesentive body for the Grineer to the greater galaxy, and get the nonviolent lifestyle they crave, and Zane makes a joke at the Grineer.

The Normandy’s crew visit Zane’s Dojo, and learn a bit more about the Orokin.

—-

Mass Effect 2 notes:

Zane reunites with Shepard on the Freedom’s Progress mission, and some features from Zane’s ship have been integrated with the Normandy SR2.

Ergo Glast, working with Elkoss Combine, created several new laws that hammer away at what the Corpus can and can’t do, much to their chagrin.

After The Collector Derelict, but before the Reaper Derelict (which is when I usually start doing side missions.), Shepard learns about Alad V’s sickness, the infestation, and the mutualism strand. In the end Alad V is put under quarantine by the Salarian STG while his treatment is under way.

During the raids on the Grineer research labs for Alad V’s treatment, the Sentient are encountered for the first time, as well as Hunhow. His threats leave even the Illusive Man nervous.

Hunhow is encountered a second time when an ancient Orokin mandachord is discovered. He is forced to put in motion his plan to destroy both the Cephalons and the AI’s (as second class pretenders), but EDI manages to help foil the plan.

Mass Effect 3 Notes:

For some unknown reason (even I don’t know), the Reapers either can’t or won’t go near the Village of Cetus, which makes it both an ideal military base and/or Refugee camp. The quills are also able to detect which refugees are indoctrinated, via the Unum’s guidance, but getting a straight answer from them is an exercise in frustration.

Also, the Reaper Signal cannot penetrate the Orokin Void, which makes the Lotus direct the Tenno to clear out towers and disable the neural sentries, so they could be used as “safe zones”. Indoctrinated minions quickly go insane and are euthanized.

As part of the War Within, Zane refuses to kill the elder Grineer Queen, but Kai Leng does so, and inadvertently causes the Grineer to join Shepard’s  forces. To everyone’s surprise, not only did the Grineer believe Shepard about the Reapers’ return, but also prepared for it.

During Priority: Horizon, Rell’s will finally crumbles, and Sanctuary/Horizon Lab is turned into a “slaughterhouse” by Red Veil.

When Lua is ultimately retuned to Earth’s orbit, much to the surprise of everyone there (This was in my head for a while: “Lua, the twin sister of Luna) Eidolon “remnants” of the Giant Sentient start awakening all over Earth during its night cycle. They destroy any Reapers they come across in their lobotomized state, and force the Reapers to start stretching their resources.

The Apostasy, Sacrifice, and Chimera quests take place during The Citadel DLC.

During Priority: Cerberus Headquarters, the real identity of Mania is revealed, and during Priority: Earth, Hunhow’s master plan for the Reapers is revealed and Shepard realizes the real purpose of the collar.

After Lua is back above earth, Kasumi Goto finds, via a Lua Spy mission, a draft of a nonaggression treaty between the Orokin and the Protheans, which also becomes a Rosetta Stone for the Orokin language.

I’ve decided to have questions and comments set up on a different thread here.

Once I have some things down (chapters, information, etc.) down, I’ll post them here.

Edited by Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3
Finalized

• 1 month later...

Prologue

Fifty Thousand years ago, the galaxy and its inhabitants were caught up in a power struggle between two civilizations. On one side, the Prothean Empire, and on the other side, the new up and comer Orokin Civilization. While the Protheans were concerned with fighting “The Metacon War”, as they called it, a simple navigation error allowed them to witness the power of the Tenno firsthand. With the easy application of an “ion limpet” tracer, the Protheans tracked them to Er.

While they were impressed with the Orokin’s many achievements, they were disgusted with the Orokin’s love of excess. Eventually, the Protheans made their offer for the Orokin to join their empire, but Ballas wasn’t fooled. Many times he had seen what he called “the violet light of greed” shine in their eyes every time they looked at the Warframes. So they rejected their offer, much to the Protheans’ surprise. But Ballas intended to make them pay for their arrogance, and sent Tenno on a mission to steal detains on the Mass Effect drive, which was successful.

Now with two Mass Effect armed superpowers threatening the other’s survival, a shadow war was launched between their two most secretive branches. While the Tenno were quite effective on their own, the Protheans created a new secret organization/society they called “The Order of the Fifth Eye” to win the “night war” as they called it, while the Orokin called the conflict “The Middle War”.

Eventually, the Orokin proved themselves capable of what no other civilization was capable of, battling the Prothean Empire to a standstill. The final terms of a nonaggression pact were to be discussed at the Citadel. Alas, it was never to be, because those that the Protheans would call the Reapers attacked at that time.

In the final hours, in desperation, the Protheans sought out the Orokin, but found out that their empire had collapsed shortly after “The Middle War” ended. There was no way to find out what happened because the only Protheans with extensive contact with the Orokin, The Order of the Fifth Eye, vanished without trace.

Now it is the year 2183, and a single serendipitous act will bring two pasts back to haunt the present.

• 3 weeks later...

Book I: Vanguard

Chapter 1: Encounter

Being summoned to the Citadel Tower to report to the Council is rather nerve wracking, especially when you have to report on why a mission failed. John Shepard taking the blame was a little unexpected, but even more so for everyone present on why:

"I found a clue on what happened to my father."

"What clue did you find, Commander, and why?" asked the Salarian Councilor.

"While dealing with the Geth, One of the witnesses said that they had seen a black-clad figure wandering the colony. He was described as clad in black from head to foot, carrying a bow and quiver of arrows, throwing daggers on his thighs, and carrying a scythe." Reported Commander Shepard.

"How do you know that this sighting isn't just another extranet hoax?" asked the Turian Councilor.

"Because the same witness said that he saw this sigil on his helmet." continued Shepard, sending an image to the councilors' terminals.

latest?cb=20150708003827

"My father, William Shepard, disappeared shortly after I was born. He was apparently investigating this collar around my neck and it's link to the events surrounding my birth. I found this very symbol in his notes." continued Shepard after all three councilors had gotten a good look at the symbol.

"And what did your father make of this symbol?" asked the Asari Councilor.

"He didn't." replied Shepard, "It was his last entry, before he disappeared."

---

All the same, Shepard had to find more proof that Saren was linked to what happened at Eden Prime. That (as we all know) led him to Garrus, then to Wrex, then to Tali. But after meeting Tali, a single serendipitous event caused everything to move in a completely different direction.

After Tali's life was saved, a single noise, so quiet normal people could barely hear it, came from behind a nearby cargo container. But Shepard, who single-handedly held off an army of slavers until reinforcements arrived, wasn't a normal person.

To everyone else, Shepard suddenly drew his gun and shouted, seemingly at nobody, "Show yourself, now!" But when a slender figure, seemingly without a true face stood up from behind a container, then everyone present realized what was going on. Garrus took only one step toward him, but that was enough, and the figure was off.

After a chase through the Presidium, which showcased that the figure was capable of running along surfaces that normal people, human or aliens, would be capable of. But fortunately, before it managed to reach a human-shaped hole in a wall, Shepard managed to stop him with an unfamiliar word, both to him and his crew, but was apparently familiar to the figure.

"I'm sorry, we didn't mean to startle you." said Shepard, extending his hand toward the figure. At that, the figure seemingly said something in a similar language, but whose body language showed reluctance.

"You don't understand a word I'm saying to you." Shepard replied, seemingly understanding what he said. "It's all right." Slowly but surely, the figure took Shepard's hand. Something seemed to pass between them via contact.

"Who are you?" Shepard finally asked. After seemingly shaking his head slightly, the figure finally responded in an intelligible manner.

"Zane." said the being.

"What?", asked Shepard, "What did you say?"

"My name is Zane." said the being again.

"I'm John Shepard." replied Shepard.

---

Next time on Warframe: The Mass Effect Chronicles: Zane is introduced to the Council; the mission is assigned; Zane becomes the first Tenno Spectre; Liara is rescued; and more.

formating

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I'm not personally into Mass Effect myself, but it seems this story might be pretty good.

However, do you think it would be possible to move it to fan zone or something? It might get more people to see it there.

First, how do I do that?

Second, there is a comment thread so you don’t break continuity of the thread. It’s the link in the very first post, so can you move this comment there?

Chapter II: Introduction

After Zane met Shepard, there was an introduction to everyone, especially the councilors. But some of them were a bit more surprising to hear than others.

---

"Anderson?" asked Zane, after being introduced to Captain Anderson, "Did Shepard say that your clan name was Anderson?" 

"Most likely a cross-cultural thing." replied Shepard, seeing Udina and Anderson's confused look.

"I know someone who would be very interested to meet you, as soon as I get in contact with him." replied Zane, sending the communication to the Conclave.

---

After Saren's involvement in Eden Prime was revealed to the council, and Shepard was confirmed as the first human Specter, Zane was able to make a good point.

"I've been sent by the Lotus to gather information about the galaxy." said Zane, "Wouldn't you bestow similar privileges on me?"

"That can't be easily done." said the Salarian Councilor, "Not unless you can provide an important benefit to the greater galactic community."

"I believe I already have that." answered Zane, leaping up to the councilors' platforms in a way that would have asari biotic gymnasts jealous. After giving the councilors a bit of a fright, Zane presented to them a strange reddish crystal.

"This is Rubedo." said Zane, "It's an important crafting material used by my civilization, the Orokin. What I also know about it is that the Orokin would seed it on planets with Eezo, as you call it, in order to create a sustainable Eezo mine." At that, the councilors immediately sent it off to a joint Volus and Salarian research laboratory. They promised they would have the answer shortly, so they didn't immediately set off. It did give Ordis a chance to pull alongside the Normandy SR-1.

---

One of the more unexpected things was when a "human" (at least to everyone else) arrived at the human embassy on the presidium. Though why was even more surprising.

"David, this is Teshin. He's the Grandmaster of the Tenno Conclave, and is from the same clan you are."

"Tenno," said Teshin, "I did not expect you to prove that my clan had gone extinct. I did find it odd that everyone here seemingly reveres the Protheans."

"Why would that be odd?" asked Anderson, not expecting that.

"Let's just say that the Protheans, when they came to the Orokin, were perceived as not the galactically revered race everyone seems to think they are."

---

After that, Shepard and Zane were called to the Citadel Tower, though why was quickly explained.

"We've managed to finish examining the Rubedo sample you gave us." said the Asari Councilor.

"After some vigorous research," continued the Salarian Councilor, "we've managed to determine that Rubedo is an isotope of Element Zero."

"The knowledge that the Orokin would 'seed it' on planets containing Element Zero, as well as the knowledge that the Orokin and Protheans interacted with each other, at least, has validated your own specter status." continued the Turian Councilor.

After the ceremony, there was one thing that was a little deviation from ordinary, but considered extremely hilarious later.

"You say that you're collecting information for your 'Lotus'." said the Asari Councilor. "If you have any important questions to ask, do so now."

"The Lotus wants to know why there are multiple copies of the same files on the Extranet." asked Zane, "And why do they seem to mainly be files involving extraterrestrial reproductive rites?"

"So that's what a facefault feels like." commented the Salarian Councilor, after all three of the experienced said facefault at Zane's question. "Note: Don't do that again."

"Either the Orokin were extremely reclusive before the Protheans found them, or they simply didn't have such... files." commented the Turian Councilor, while everyone who was present at Zane's specter status ceremony facepalmed.

"The second one." Replied Zane, matter-of-factly.

---

Next time on Warframe: The Mass Effect Chronicles: Liara is recruited; Zane returns to his Dojo; Shepard meets the Grineer.

Sneak Peek for Chapter III