Bait

Matt64091

Bait can be bought directly from the Biz, is one time use and cost standing (albeit a small amount). This is terrible. With syndicate standing already having a daily cap, having another thing that you need to REPEATEDLY buy is crazy. Just make it like Plains of Eidolon: more expensive, but reusable blueprint for bait. I'm sure this was changed to make it less grindy to get resources, but I would rather grind resources then grind rep which has a daily cap.

i understand them wanting to be diferent, but this was not the way to go, the idea of something you need to buy ready doesnt work when we have a hard limit on how many we can get.

some of the latter bait costs 400 standing EACH. if i were to compare with the baits i currently have for cetus, i would need around 20k standing just for a single one of them. its not something im looking foward to.

Repeating the same mistake as the launch of PoE... why?

I don't think anyone would mind the standing cost if there were no cap on standing; but since that's not the case, I'd much rather farm for materials than have to wait a day (or more) before being able to buy my bait.

Make them re-usable, make them ∞ blueprints, or just make them sell in stacks of 10. I refuse to pay 300 standing for a single bait when the time comes; mainly because bait is notoriously unreliable, and you're likely to waste it because of invisible background scripts and timers.

Edited by Aerionoth

I actually did a double take, when i realized the baits weren't blueprints. It really makes no sense.

Sure if there wasn't a daily cap on standing, but there is, and single use? That's just beyond bad... Especially since there's a ton more baits in Fortuna than Cetus.

Edited by ReaverKane

I don't agree on this one. Baits are misleading in Fortuna. They're not actually needed. For ANY of the fish. They just make them easier to spawn, and in greater number.

That makes them fundamentally different from Cetus baits, where the fish literally would not spawn without certain baits.

EDIT: However, the price for the later baits could be reduced a bit, as they are the most needed. 400 is a bit much. Maybe 200-300 a pop?

Edited by Frostyinferno
additional comment

You can catch all fish at fortuna without bait. That might be the reason for that. If you desperately need one type of fish you buy one or two baits and get them. Fishing is different than PoE because at PoE you cant get all kinds of them without bait.

Keep that one in mind.

On 2018-11-08 at 9:33 PM, Matt64091 said:

Bait can be bought directly from the Biz, is one time use and cost standing (albeit a small amount). This is terrible. With syndicate standing already having a daily cap, having another thing that you need to REPEATEDLY buy is crazy. Just make it like Plains of Eidolon: more expensive, but reusable blueprint for bait. I'm sure this was changed to make it less grindy to get resources, but I would rather grind resources then grind rep which has a daily cap.

I thought they were making it less grindy, and less frustrating to play. I'm so disappointed I really hope they change the system for getting bait, I can't say I'm a fan when we have reusable BPs for literally everything else in the game that matters. 

"yo how about a new fun idea, let's make the mining laser just melt the barrel if it gets too hot so you can only mine 3 nodes every hour" -the future~

It's generally ok since bait no required to spawn certain types of "fish".  At best you'll use a bait to spawn more of a type if you're looking for that one type but for the most part it's not even needed. You'll find more use from luminous dye than any Fortuna bait types right now.

I would just like to add just because fish can be obtained without bait is not an excuse for bait to cost rep. As many people have states, rep has a daily cap, resources don't. Therefore I would rather use resources that I can farm infinity rather then use standing. Whether the fish are easy to catch with bait with or not doesn't change the fact that bait shouldn't be tied to your daily cap.

Another stupid progress-stopper from DE (on top of milions others like daily caps, med-bonds rate, rng rewards, random crashes with 0 progress saved, toroid drop rate and so on and so forth). Jesus, how long can this go on. And one day they said that they are gonna reduce the grind. Suuuuuure... We all got totally baited.

On 2018-11-09 at 4:33 AM, Matt64091 said:

DE learned a valuable lesson from PoE , so they reduced the grind .

😄