Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Visibility of footprints

S.Dust

On snow its easy enough but on orange patches the foot prints become near invisible you have to really strain your eyes to see them. It's an actual head ache other than on the orange patches it is easy enough to see.

Side question how are we suppose to know what a good and bad catch are we dont pick what animals we hunt we just call and shoot.

In my experience the tracks are clipping into the ground to the point of being invisible, particularly with tracks on non-flat surfaces.

Here's an example of one in the process of disappearing, a step towards it and it is gone, a step away and it is fully visible.

GqRlJEo.jpg

Is it possible to have the footprints more visible, like even with having to zoom in with the tranq gun or something? I have to turn my brightness down to 25% just to see them enough to give me somewhat of a track, although it does not help when they disappear off the snow...but atleast I can somewhat find them at that brightness level. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. And it's complicated to fix because DE has to think about accessibility for people with color blindness, so it can't just be a color change, it has to actually effect overall visibility in a way that's independent of color.

I'm waiting on going too deep into conservation at the moment because I know it'll be properly addressed, and I still need to decide on if I'm gonna be using Ivara for conservation or if I can make do with just whatever frame at the time.

I can't believe some people (Including DE_Rebecca even) have a ton of those adorable floofs, I must be inept because I can't seem to get perfect captures very often at all, though I haven't tried because of the visibility issue with tracks.

Still, if the tracks being hard to see is the biggest problem for Conservation right now, I'd say it's a very successful addition to the game, and The Business is a really interesting character (Whom I hope gets more characterization alongside Little Duck, Legs, Ticker, Smokefinger, etc.).

4 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

We've heard you and we're implementing changes to make sure that the Tracking is easier to follow. We're also making it more accessible for those who are colour blind.

Hold tight for a fix in the future! Thanks for the feedback.

The Witcher 3 basically does this exact mechanic perfectly, so you can always try copying that.

For example, by showing them on the minimap, and making the tracks bright red.

Edited by AdunSaveMe