Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could be something fun but so many problems are holding it back.

Smokehouse03

Let me make this post as simple as possible and do a simple list of everything wrong with this.

1: Animals die for no reason, i've lost animal because i got to close to them and they died for some reason because of that.

2: The basic rat creatures comes in pairs of 3 and he wants you to get 3 of them at once, which is impossible because after you shoot the first one and reload the other 2 are gone.

3: The spawn locations are to close enemy bases, so you are under attack while trying to be sneaky and not running the animals off.

4: animals will get stuck.

5: animal will spawn and instantly die.

Feel free to post anymore problems you had while doing this, i find conservation to be nothing more than a waste of time in its current state.

Equip the tranq gun, open your map and go to a area marked by a paw print. Then search for a little brown ball on the ground by the point. After doing that go to the yellow circle on your map and search for another bigger ball of brown stuff. After finding said larger brown ball equip the required lure, once you have summoned the creature hide near by and wait, and hope to god you hit that first shot and that theres no enemys near by.

1 hour ago, Smokehouse03 said:

Equip the tranq gun, open your map and go to a area marked by a paw print. Then search for a little brown ball on the ground by the point. After doing that go to the yellow circle on your map and search for another bigger ball of brown stuff. After finding said larger brown ball equip the required lure, once you have summoned the creature hide near by and wait, and hope to god you hit that first shot and that theres no enemys near by.

For some reason I do not see any tracks and I don't see any yellow circles on the map. This is so frustrating. 

The frustration for me has been that every time I find a location to call from the animals end up spawning on the other side of a hill. By the time I find them they have seen me and are burrowing into the ground. It would be nice if we had a warning to get into hiding prior to the animals spawning. 

Additionally, a tutorial mission would have been a huge help. I don't know half of the time how the call is supposed to work.

Edited by Phais

anyone else have bizz screaming at them to stop killing things even though youre shooting them with a tranq dart? just did 2 separate missions and each time hit all 3 rodents, bizz screaming in my ear "TRANQ THEM" like bruh thats what im doing. has to be a bug right? 

- Tutorial quest PLEASE. It took me having ask two friends and watching a streamer buddy of mine to figure it out. 

- The footprints can be hard to track on surfaces not snow. Very frustrating and time consuming to have to comb the mushroom areas and rocky cliffs for prints.

- The animal you call isn't always the animal you get, which makes trying to farm for certain tags much harder.

- Animals spook WAY too easily. Just changing from my lure to the tranq gun will startle the rats. 

I've got some other strange issues. For some reason, when I tap 1 or 2 to change over to the tranq or the call, it won't swap. I have to hold the button down to be able to swap to the item I want. And when I try to swap calls, it doesn't actually swap the call on the button, meaning I'd have to go back into the menu anyway if i wanted to equip a different call.

4 hours ago, -Defeater- said:

anyone else have bizz screaming at them to stop killing things even though youre shooting them with a tranq dart? just did 2 separate missions and each time hit all 3 rodents, bizz screaming in my ear "TRANQ THEM" like bruh thats what im doing. has to be a bug right? 

Don't use volt when trying to tranq animals, the static buff from volts passive adds damage to the tranq gun.

I've also found the tracks to be too hard to see, even after changing as many settings as I could think of.

Definitely run into the tranq gun not shooting and not reloading issue, which makes capturing all 3 pobbers literally impossible.

There is absolutely no indication of what makes a bad, good, perfect capture. This is incredibly infuriating.

There needs to be more time between calls. More often than not, I will do the initial call to elicit a response and biz will be telling me to hide before I had a chance to mimic anything. If this is tied to conservation "hunt" quality, even more important to address.

The smaller details of the system need to be given feedback in game or explained somewhere. As I mentioned before, there is no indication of what makes a capture good or bad, so the player can't know how to fix the mistakes.

The animal spawns randomly when the calls are finished, and sometimes when biz tells you to go downwind and you move there, the animal spawned nearby and you immediately spooked it. This leads to frustration because there's no possible way to know where they're spawning from, so no way to prevent this from happening by chance.