Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox version will not get past "Checking for updates"

I am unsure where to put this, but i could not log on today, at all. I hard reset, i unplugged from the wall and even unplugged the cords from the xbox and left it. this did not work. last time it did this was when the sacrifice dropped on console, I had to re install the game. i have crappy internet right now, so the game would take well over 24 hours to download. I really dont want to do this again, and if i have to i will probably stop playing the game. Please, Does anybody know a fix for this problem.

There was a hotfix earlier today. Maybe try clearing the cache by holding the power button for 10 secs or whatever that remedy is?

Point is, its most likely on your end. If the above doesn't work.

Run a network test on your xbox.

If your DL speed is in the Kb/s range you've likely found the culprit.

Wired or wifi?

Packet loss?

NAT strict? (shouldn't be the issue but ive seen stranger things. Not the show, like just weird stuff with x1 connections.)

If nothing is squiffy with your connection, you might be looking at a reinstall but make that your last resort. and look into snagging an external HDD on black friday/cyber monday.

10 hours ago, (XB1)RogueSteam48535 said:

I am unsure where to put this, but i could not log on today, at all. I hard reset, i unplugged from the wall and even unplugged the cords from the xbox and left it. this did not work. last time it did this was when the sacrifice dropped on console, I had to re install the game. i have crappy internet right now, so the game would take well over 24 hours to download. I really dont want to do this again, and if i have to i will probably stop playing the game. Please, Does anybody know a fix for this problem.

After the hard reset, did you start the game from the "My Games and Apps" tab?  For some reason, the updates can hang if you don't do this.