Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So any chance of the K drive we use during the quest actually becoming a base freebie board?

KillaJoke1

So after our introduction we get the ability to summon fourth a kdrive which is truly and honestly appreciated. However it's a bit awkward and leaves players confused in how you get the k drive to begin with. It's also a helluva hamper on saving up for your ideal k drive in terms of style as you have to purchase several parts just to use mods for the k drive to help you achieve more standing with the vent kids. Spent an hour or so grinding up standing practicing my k-drive and turned it in to grab a mod I thought would help me. I went to vehicles and I don't have a k drive equiped. So I can't add this mod on to anything and would require me to purchase all the early K drive parts to begin grinding. 

I don't know if it's intentional or not but I feel like you're suppose to get a starter plane jane board that you can mod and then ditch for a k-drive of your actual choosing later down the line whilst learning the mechanics and building up the mods to improve your experience. It would also just help make it more intuitive and less confusing with "How do I equip my drive, I have no actual drive despite having a launcher for one." 

platinum to spend is the keyphrase here ^^)

but joke aside, i think the "main" income source for the standing here is to be doing the races... which sadly are rather bugged at the moment (like standing isn't "transfered" when returning to fortuna, or the races won't start at all...)

i guess the devs won't have free weekend this time 😁

Il y a 6 heures, KillaJoke1 a dit :

Spent an hour or so grinding up standing practicing my k-drive and turned it in to grab a mod I thought would help me. I went to vehicles and I don't have a k drive equiped. So I can't add this mod on to anything and would require me to purchase all the early K drive parts to begin grinding. 

I don't know if it's intentional or not but I feel like you're suppose to get a starter plane jane board that you can mod

I'm not sure you understood from your post, so I'll just leave this here. The KDrive you get in the quest IS the freebie one, and just like the Mote amp is the most basic thing ever. 

You get to use it but it doesn't have mod slots, so you have a basic transport but not much more. 

If you were asking to let the base KDrive being moddable, i don't think it would hurt anybody. It could also work as a test bench to see which mods you like and you don't. 

If it was just about getting one for free, well you have one 😄

Also, to have it availeable you need to equip the launcher in the gear slot. (again this is me failong to understand whether you know this or not from your post)

TC's point is that you can't put any mods on the default K-drive, because it's not actually "equipped". Some of which make it much easier to gain standing like extra air time, jump height, score multiplier and so on. You need a minimum of 20k vent kids standing just to craft the first K-drive available, which takes quite a while from what I've tried. Plus you need a bunch of random fortuna materials and gems from mining.

Or you can just buy a pre-built one for 57 platinum, because that's pretty much the only way to be able to use k-drive mods any time soon.

1 hour ago, DarkMarkX said:

TC's point is that you can't put any mods on the default K-drive, because it's not actually "equipped". Some of which make it much easier to gain standing like extra air time, jump height, score multiplier and so on. You need a minimum of 20k vent kids standing just to craft the first K-drive available, which takes quite a while from what I've tried. Plus you need a bunch of random fortuna materials and gems from mining.

Or you can just buy a pre-built one for 57 platinum, because that's pretty much the only way to be able to use k-drive mods any time soon.

Thank you. And even then from a first impressions perspective the entire thing seems odd. when you get operator your first amp is an item that you can tangibly see and equip. When you get an archwing from the quest you actually get an arch wing. When you do the main mission you don't "get" a board. However you can still get the ability to summon a board. My first impression was "okay so we had one from the quest let me check around and see where you go to equip it." Saw vehicles and the board on it to signify that it's there but when I entered my inventory to look and equip one it was like "Oh I don't have a board I guess" until someone on discord explained it in which case it's just... Why? 

You grind up the standing to get your first ideal hover board/ get the mods. Why the unnecessary and odd kneejerk "Sorry it's a none existent, none moddable board." Like steve flat out mentions that when he plays a game he does things that help him get exp faster/ easier. And for me I thought "Okay I seem to have issues sticking to rails I feel like that magnetic grind mod would help alleviate that issue and let me pull of trick chains better." 

But instead of doing that I have to grind up the resource for a "first" hoverboard that I don't like the appearance of instead of just saving up for one that I do like which seemed to be the idea they were selling with them in the first place. "All the board parts are going to be the same and it's just cosmetic." Like are they afraid people would just stick with the plain jane board because it's efficient? Cause at that point it already feels like it's missing the target audiance. We know archwing is faster, it let's you skip over terrain completely and get from A to B. However we play with the board because it's more fun/ stylish. So why the unnecessary roadblock/ intuitive mechanic? 

Like most of the comments on this post are explaining to me this odd mechanic which feels like a bad tell straight from the gate. 

Edited by KillaJoke1