Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do K-Drives give mastery? [Reopened]

Excalibur--prime

I just looked into mine, bought two K-Drives too and made sure they had different boards (as affinity depends on the board type used). While I had leveled the 1st already to 30, I didn't with the 2nd one.

Just tested it and I didn't see any points on that gilded K-Drive when leveling up. Double-checked after returning to Fortuna (just in case). Gonna submit a ticket - I want my platinum back. I spent 1.8k on Fortuna already, but I want something in return.

Edited by Toran

vor 3 Stunden schrieb imbressive:

i hear of ppl buying k-drives and getting master points and building k-drives and not getting mastery points.

i didnt buy one, but build one and didnt get mastery... hopefully they can sort out those bugs soon.

As with Amps and Zaws, you should only get the mastery points, after gilding the K-Drive for (then it's back to Level 0 and you can customize colours).

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Toran:

As with Amps and Zaws, you should only get the mastery points, after gilding the K-Drive for (then it's back to Level 0 and you can customize colours).

there is no gilding option for k-drives

Am 8.11.2018 um 21:46 schrieb [DE]Megan:

the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis.

Edited by imbressive

It would be nice if there could be some sort of confirmation somewhere, it sounds like;

1. Some folks have gained MR from leveling a K-Drive
    1. A fully built bought one
    2. A crafted one
  2. Some folks have not gained MR from either type.
  3. Some folks have not gained MR from one or the other.

(This is from looking at other posts and comments both in the forums, in chats, and in other channels.)

On 2018-11-11 at 8:11 PM, Tsukinoki said:

I discovered this because I noticed my MR before I leveled up a bought K-Drive, and while it leveled up my bought moa got 2 levels and my MR was unchanged.  Was a disappointment to grind my k-drive from 0 to 30 and get zip from it....
I quickly built a moa for the one that I hadn't bought yet (para) and got 3K mastery from the crafted moa.

Hopefully DE fixes the mastery bug soon....

Moas only give 3k MR while previous companions give 6k?

2 hours ago, 3thereal said:

Expected: Board will give 100/200 mastery per level

Why is this expected? 

My expectation was they should give zero affinity. Given that they do not appear in the profile under "equipment" I cannot see why they would give affinity.

• The fact that K-drive configuration is completely cosmetic would also indicate that there is no affinity to be gained.
Edited by krc473

5 hours ago, krc473 said:

Why is this expected? 

My expectation was they should give zero affinity. Given that they do not appear in the profile under "equipment" I cannot see why they would give affinity.

• The fact that K-drive configuration is completely cosmetic would also indicate that there is no affinity to be gained.

Pretty sure DE said in patch notes about them giving affinity for the 'board' part of it...