Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do K-Drives give mastery? [Reopened]

Excalibur--prime

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

Why is this expected? 

My expectation was they should give zero affinity. Given that they do not appear in the profile under "equipment" I cannot see why they would give affinity.

• The fact that K-drive configuration is completely cosmetic would also indicate that there is no affinity to be gained.

Per the Fortuna change notes:

These components do not offer any stat bonuses, but the Board will earn you Mastery when you rank up your K-Drive -- no Gilding required! You can earn Affinity for your K-Drive by completing tricks in the Vallis.

ie. Boards give Mastery.

Anecdotally (via Reddit), people that have crafted their own board are earning Mastery. It's the people that purchased K-drives via Platinum that are not earning Mastery. This extends to some other platinum purchased Fortuna items but those are outside the scope of this thread.

Edited by Mulchman

3 minutes ago, Mulchman said:

It's the people that purchased K-drives via Platinum that are not earning Mastery.

That's what I did. I had just assumed they would not (not in profile etc.) so never bothered to check. I did not read far to see the K-drive stuff (update was finished, prefer to play than read about it...). But yes, I see now that they should. I will just make sure mine is not giving mastery too (incase it is a 'configuration' thing).

Oh, seems that threads got merged. Based on investigating so far from me and my clanmates:

1. Boards do in fact grant mastery when built. Seems that it depends on person. But Boards, MOAs and Kitguns don't show up in-profile, so you can't check them, but I use Google Spreadsheet to make it easy to see what I'm missing.
2. Bought K-Drives, MOAs and Kitguns (possibly Zaws too, didn't check) do not grant mastery.
3. Built MOAs grant only 3k mastery experience, while normal companions and sentinels grant 6k mastery experience.

Seems bug is affecting possibly all modular systems.

Link to my mastery spreadsheet
Pic of my mastery on in-game profile

Spoiler

aygX7iw.jpg

Link to unfilled spreadsheet so anyone can copy to their Google Drive if they want

Edited by TheBulldog

13 minutes ago, TheBulldog said:

Oh, seems that threads got merged. Based on investigating so far from me and my clanmates:

1. Boards do in fact grant mastery when built. They don't show up in-profile, so you can't check them, but I use Google Spreadsheet to make it easy to see what I'm missing.

Definitely not the case for me. I have checked, and my mastery points are exactly the same as when I had no K-Drive, yet the K-Drive I built is level 28 already. Ranking up from 27 to 28 did not give me 100 mastery points it was supposed to.

Edited by CorvusTheHeretic

Ugh sold my first board after leveling it. REALLY hopes its retroactively giving missing mastery. The first board I built gave me mastery though. Then I bought second tier one from the special sale but it didn't give any mastery. Read some fourm and saw other players not being able to get mastery from bought boards. Shame i thought and built the second tier board and sold the bought one and my first built one. But it didnt give me any mastery. My advice is hold on to any boards you have built or purchased for now until DE have looked into this.

45 minutes ago, Cerinus said:

And what for people who already maxed plat-board? SHould we use Forma on it or craft\buy new one?

It will still work, we will also run an account update in the next Hotfix so you do not have to play a mission. 

But if you want your mastery xp right away you can join Orb Vallis do one trick and return to Fortuna.

Fix apparently worked for my bought K-Drive: was about to hit level 28 with it, so I went in Orb Vallis and did what it takes to reach said level, then when I went back to Fortuna my Mastery Rank was indeed +3000 points. So thanks for fixing that bug!

I built a K-Drive using all tier 1 components, then it gave Mastery Points, but mastery point calculation seemed broken... Neither 100 x Rank nor 200 x Rank.

I bought a second K-Drive (tier 3 board), then it also gave Mastery Points, mastery point calculation was broken similar way.

Unrank to Rank 8 give 1100 points. Not 800 or 1600.

My suspicion is that Unrank to Rank 5 gave 5 * 100 Mastery points, then Rank 5 to Rank 8 which was given as end of mission affinity bonus was gave 3 * 200 Mastery points. Totaling 1100 points.