Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terrible Frame rate.

MarketShark

Hi guys! I have a MSI Trident , with 8 Gb Ram and an Intel Core i5-7400 CPU 3 GHz. I never had problem with fps on warframe, exept in dojo full of trees. 

I try Fortuna, Orb Valley just now, my fps Drop down to 30. I use all the set up (graphics) at max "intensity" . My fps just drop to 30 EXEPT if i use archwing. On Archwing my fps come back to 60 without problems. So i honestly, and hope, is not a my pc problem, but of the update. I gope you can fix this soon.

btw, i'm gonna try to lower some setup.

43 minutes ago, KlampFer said:

I fix that , apparently eh, when i tooked out the shadow detail. Try this if you have problem. Maybe shadow are not optimazed? boh 

can confirm, with archwing equiped fps became much better, I will try your advice when come to home

but, yeah, performance is terrible in Orb, like 20-25 fps on my potato, although Plains runs on 50 fps

Same here.

My system:

HexaCore AMD FX-6100, 3315 MHz 

6 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7570  (2 GB)

Windows 10  x64

All locations in the Warframe goes great on high video settings. Even the Eidolon Plains (a little slow down, but not critical).                                                
When I came out today in a new open world - the Valley of Fortune, the game began to resemble a turn-based strategy.

Just unplayable. Reduced settings to medium - the same.
I applied low settings - the game speed has become acceptable. Yes, you can play at low settings, but this is somewhat ... sad)

1 hour ago, Falconer777 said:

Same here.

My system:

HexaCore AMD FX-6100, 3315 MHz 

6 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7570  (2 GB)

Windows 10  x64

All locations in the Warframe goes great on high video settings. Even the Eidolon Plains (a little slow down, but not critical).                                                
When I came out today in a new open world - the Valley of Fortune, the game began to resemble a turn-based strategy.

Just unplayable. Reduced settings to medium - the same.
I applied low settings - the game speed has become acceptable. Yes, you can play at low settings, but this is somewhat ... sad)

probably only one option is tanking performance, try to lower shadow detalization and turn off anisotropic filtering

The problem appears to happen on 2 GB graphics cards. The workaround for 2 GB graphics card is, use 32 bit Warframe that use far less GPU memory that greatly reduce the risk of game trying to use super slow shared GPU memory.

intel i7-2600 with 16 GB RAM, NVidia GT 1030 with 2GB video memory, Windows 10 64 bit, Samsung SSD 850 Evo. Randomly and frequently extremely low frame rate when using 64 bit with "Low" texture memory. Change anisotropic filtering to low does reduce the problem but does not fully fix the frame rate problem. Slow frame rate happens when shared GPU memory goes up.

This frame rate drops does not happen to my Ryzen 2400g with integrated Vega 11 graphics that have very fast shared GPU memory compared to graphics card.

I did made a topic about texture memory usage problem. Now it randomly have huge frame rate drop all because of "Low" texture memory usage is too high on 64 bit Warframe. I really want to see "Very Low" "Super low", or "1.2 GB" texture memory option, especially when 32 bit warframe might soon get dropped.

10 минут назад, Atekron сказал:

probably only one option is tanking performance, try to lower shadow detalization and turn off anisotropic filtering

I tried to reduce only these characteristics - it became a little better, but still reducing all the settings to "low" gives the best result.

7 минут назад, sam686 сказал:

The problem appears to happen on 2 GB graphics cards. The workaround for 2 GB graphics card is, use 32 bit Warframe that use far less GPU memory that greatly reduce the risk of game trying to use super slow shared GPU memory.

intel i7-2600 with 16 GB RAM, NVidia GT 1030 with 2GB video memory, Windows 10 64 bit, Samsung SSD 850 Evo. Randomly and frequently extremely low frame rate when using 64 bit with "Low" texture memory. Change anisotropic filtering to low does reduce the problem but does not fully fix the frame rate problem. Slow frame rate happens when shared GPU memory goes up.

This frame rate drops does not happen to my Ryzen 2400g with integrated Vega 11 graphics that have very fast shared GPU memory compared to graphics card.

I did made a topic about texture memory usage problem. Now it randomly have huge frame rate drop all because of "Low" texture memory usage is too high on 64 bit Warframe. I really want to see "Very Low" "Super low", or "1.2 GB" texture memory option, especially when 32 bit warframe might soon get dropped.

Before Fortune, everything worked fine for me, I think the matter is in the insufficient optimization of this update, and not in the 32-64 type of client. However, I will wait for some time, if there is no improvement, I will try to put 32 bits.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

ok, but how do I switch to 32 bit version if I'm using Steam?

I having issues too. Sometimes the fps go from 80 to 45. The "fix" that I found is to change the graphics settings to medium, and then back to max again and the stutter goes away. It's obvious that they need to optimize things a little more.