Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vega Toroids don't drop

Zarcxon

I was able to get 7 of them, I forget which of the three places it was though.  Might just be really bad RNG, but then again it might be like ores where they sometimes bug and stop showing up.

Also a reminder that we also have to be inside of the Temple/Spaceport/Lab for them to drop if we aren't already.  Farming outside the structures yielded nothing for me at least.

Edit:

Nevermind this, I've gotten toroids from killing stuff outside of the Labs since this post so don't need to be inside for the drops.

Edited by Ailyene
Update

7 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

I was able to get 7 of them, I forget which of the three places it was though.  Might just be really bad RNG, but then again it might be like ores where they sometimes bug and stop showing up.

Also a reminder that we also have to be inside of the Temple/Spaceport/Lab for them to drop if we aren't already.  Farming outside the structures yielded nothing for me at least.

I was able to get a vega toroid from an enemy outside so they can definitely drop there. Only one though after killing a bunch of enemies 

I have visited the Space port 3 separate times with a Nekros Prime, solo, 30 minutes to an hour each time for the past two days.
I am rank 2 with Solaris.
I have not gotten a single Vega Toroid to drop on any of these visits and I am extremely angry because these are the only Toroids I am lacking to rank up for the first time with Little Duck.

To put this into perspective, I was able to farm all of the parts that I needed for Revenant in one day, and I have double the parts needed for Garuda at this point, yet I do not have these two items. 

I fail to see how this is an RNG problem at this point.

1 hour ago, OksanaVittoria said:

I fail to see how this is an RNG problem at this point.

Then you are failing to understand statistics. Low drop rates with high number's of iterations result in a "long tail" of people that will not get drops for many, many time the "mean" time spent. With the number of people playing fortuna at this point we are bound to get notable amount of statistical outliers.

If the toroid in on the drop tables like a rare mod drop (It's probably worse than that) 

3% chance of any drop at all, and then a ~2% chance of a rare drop, so 1666 kills just to have a 63% chance of at least 1

We had 100,000 concurrent users on steam so using that number we would expect 12 of those poor people to not get a drop for 15,000 kills

That is just the way numbers work.

Edited by SilentMobius

On 2018-11-11 at 3:38 PM, SilentMobius said:

Then you are failing to understand statistics. Low drop rates with high number's of iterations result in a "long tail" of people that will not get drops for many, many time the "mean" time spent. With the number of people playing fortuna at this point we are bound to get notable amount of statistical outliers.

If the toroid in on the drop tables like a rare mod drop (It's probably worse than that) 

3% chance of any drop at all, and then a ~2% chance of a rare drop, so 1666 kills just to have a 63% chance of at least 1

We had 100,000 concurrent users on steam so using that number we would expect 12 of those poor people to not get a drop for 15,000 kills

That is just the way numbers work.

You're entirely missing the point. Statistical analysis of "random" number chains has muck-all to do with user experience as relates to RNG-gating.

This Toroid drop chance stuff is nonsense. I've just spent a long while killing very possible enemy around the Spaceport, have not gotten a single Toroid. How am I supposed to construct Garuda if the ingredients are effectively impossible to get?

I should not have to sit and farm and reload the map for days on end just to have a CHANCE at obtaining what is required.

edit: Okay, funny - as though to spite my complaining, on my way out of the Spaceport after typing this out, more enemies spawned and at long last ONE Vega Toroid appeared....

Nonetheless my complaint about RNG-gating still stands.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

I'm having the same issue grinding Vega Toroids. I managed to be lucky enough to get a few near the launch of Fortuna, but I haven't been lucky at all since. I've gone to Spaceport for 30 minutes-1 hour at a time, about 5 separate times as Nekros and I still haven't acquired a single one. These odds are pure lunacy.

Edit: Just like TheGreenGunner, I got two Vega Toroids within a 10minute timeframe on my next attempt. Moral of the story, complain in this forum and have RNGesus pity your mildly tortured soul.

Edited by A_Sensual_Zephyr

• 5 weeks later...

still not dropping, tried in teams and solo, inside and outside. 10 mins, 30 mins, 1hr...     at the 1hr point solo i got one.  and it was off a moa, not a corpus... its not like Enrichment labs where i can get 1-5 outside without even going in..    more people will complain on this, because to get Baruuk you need the vega toroids to get past Lil Ducky to Agent and then to Hand.. 

Please DE, put Vega toroid spawns in line with Calda Toroid Spawns,, or at the very least add them to the drop tables for the different mission parts like you did calda.