Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna. about update and DE

-HoB-AngelofRevenge

Fortuna look good, i do like it. But DE has to optimize this. After update i did optimization cash as recommended but i do still expirience lag in game, drop of fps and crash. My desktop is not that bad ,but pls DE keep in mind that not all of us have new or newest configuration. B4 update i did have smooth game and everythig at max detail now i dont. PLS do optimize game a bit more becaouse on every update loke PoE, Fortuna it become more demanding on PC config than b4 not to mention laptop.

The requirements to play Fortuna are higher than PoE and others. That could be a issue. Also it's a new giant patch. It will take a few weeks to find all problems. I would suggest posting this in the Fortuna feedback section and have more details (before/ after).

6 minutes ago, seprent said:

always wondered why its called a hot fix is the game cold does it need a blanket 

not an expert but I guess it's because the game is still "hot" (working, functional) whilst they are trying to fix things. like if a brain surgeon was messing with your gray matter whilst you are awake. normally a game would have to be brought offline for work (server maintenance, upgrades etc.)

and make no mistake, Fortuna is gonna be buggy for a little while, but after the problems with the download it seems it's working pretty well right now, judging by the lack of "omg fortuna is buggy trash" threads.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not an expert but I guess it's because the game is still "hot" (working, functional) whilst they are trying to fix things. like if a brain surgeon was messing with your gray matter whilst you are awake. normally a game would have to be brought offline for work (server maintenance, upgrades etc.)

and make no mistake, Fortuna is gonna be buggy for a little while, but after the problems with the download it seems it's working pretty well right now, judging by the lack of "omg fortuna is buggy trash" threads.

imo is nit pick here and there lower ends having trouble stuff like that variety pack of issues things will get fixed people will complain regardless things will be grinded and challenge will be lacked because were as powerful as gods and fish will be caught the cycle varies but like dark souls playthoughs roughly the same is achieved 

i myself have had 2 crashs 

1: on the first load in (i was very pissed since it cut off the song)

2: i did a flip and the game crashed (made me laugh and i was no longer pissed) 

Idk, feels like 'Grinds of Eidolon' 2.0 to me and I didn't like the plains update at all.

We already have more than enough syndacates to farm standing for , more than enough resources to farm for , ecc...

I usually like Warframe's grind and I'm fine with it but I don't like doing lots of unrewarding bounties or playing the little fisher / miner game for hours and hours so I can build a Zaw / Amp or whatever it is , I like playing Warframe by doing missions and using my frames.

I hope Fortuna is going to be better than PoE and not just as boring.

Every new update supposed to give us grind to try to add some task for us until the next one. DE can only make content like this they cannot make something which no need grind at all and itself fun and feels less repetitive.

I just downloaded yesterday ( european time ) the client but later today can I just test it so I cannot say so much on the topic because I need still test the update. Reading the notes it seems the players have a 3-5 month enough content.

3 hours ago, seprent said:

alot is on fire give DE abit to find the fire extinguisher and find the fires
always wondered why its called a hot fix is the game cold does it need a blanket 

From wikipedia:

A hotfix or quick-fix engineering update (QFE update) is a single, cumulative package that includes information (often in the form of one or more files) that is used to address a problem in a software product (i.e., a software bug).[1] Typically, hotfixes are made to address a specific customer situation.

The term "hotfix" originally referred to software patches that were applied to "hot" systems; that is, systems which are live, currently running, and in production status rather than development status. For the developer, a hotfix implies that the change may have been made quickly and outside normal development and testing processes. This could increase the cost of the fix by requiring rapid development, overtime or other urgent measures. For the user, the hotfix could be considered riskier or less likely to resolve the problem. This could cause an immediate loss of services, so depending on the severity of the bug, it may be desirable to delay a hotfix. The risk of applying the hotfix must be weighed against the risk of not applying it, because the problem to be fixed might be so critical that it could be considered more important than a potential loss of service (e.g., a major security breach).

tl;dr: It's hot because they apply it live, on the system that's running instead of a dev build.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Got up early this morning and got the download done in around 30 minutes...stretched to 45 including optimisation.

Had my first foray into Fortuna & Vallis. Very early days, but its looking good so far.

Can't wait to get my K Drive though...

Not sure if this is an optimization issue tbh. 

It sure can be optimized but you'll probably squeeze out maybe 10-20% more performance out of it. It is a more detailed and bigger world with more visual effects compared to POE or the rest of the game. It is supposed to be alot more taxing.