Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Range/Falloff Stat for Beam Barrel

TheGreenFellow

When I took a glance at the possible combinations, I wanted to know how much the range differences from the ammo/capacity part affected the different barrel types.

Found out though that that is kinda hard when the beam-type barrel doesn't list its fall-off/range.

Also, the first barrel (the round plate one) *does* list a fall-off/range stat, but it doesn't appear to be affected by changing the capacity part to minimum/maximum range; is this intentional?

5 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

How long before the wiki on these guns is up?

the daily special 189 plat gun looks ridiculous - 41% crit, 19% status, 2.3 multiplier...  are they all going to be crazy powerful or is this one just an extreme example??

That particular pistol is a non-hitscan weapon. Additionally it has low fire rate. So overall its actually fairly balanced. The real question is how effective the other barrel types will be. Tombfinger guns are effectively crit mareloks with substantially lower fire rate.

3 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

That particular pistol is a non-hitscan weapon. Additionally it has low fire rate. So overall its actually fairly balanced. The real question is how effective the other barrel types will be. Tombfinger guns are effectively crit mareloks with substantially lower fire rate.

It looks like a lex prime on steroids.  It changes over in a few hours.  My gut still wants me to just spend all my plat on it.  How can you tell it’s non-hitscan?  And by that, do you mean it has a projectile speed like?  No 200m headshots like the lex prime?

19 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

It looks like a lex prime on steroids.  It changes over in a few hours.  My gut still wants me to just spend all my plat on it.  How can you tell it’s non-hitscan?  And by that, do you mean it has a projectile speed like?  No 200m headshots like the lex prime?

The projectile speed feels slower than the Euphona but the shot has no drop off (it flies in a straight line). Additionally on impact it has a very small AoE, but yeah you're not going to reliably get headshots against moving enemies at long range.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

17 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

its more like half a staticor with reduced range on AOE ,

Tested it feels exactly like that (on mechanics front the stats are a different story).

The stats are of course going to vary from build to build,

To the main question - Yes , they should show the range considering DE themselves have mentioned that parts affect range.

Edited by 0_The_F00l