Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep momentum going when using K-drive launcher

aisolon123

So, this is not really a major issue but I think it's still worth mentioning. Whenever you equip the K-drive it stops you dead in your track (as does the archwing launcher, but i find it less anoying there) and cancels any momentum you might had going on. This really breaks the, otherwise really smooth, flow the movement system has. Changing this would incentivise players more to chain the different forms of movement together and create a much more enjoyable experience.

This is a good mention, and I agree that it would be much cooler if we got to keep momentum on the K-drive, if not in Archwing as well. This is also why I'd like for vehicles to be attached to the current movement system via some contextual button press, rather than stuck on the gear wheel: because K-Drives and Archwing are a natural extension of our movement, it would make sense to be able to access those on-demand, rather than with some hotkey or through the Gear Wheel.

On 2018-11-09 at 8:56 AM, Teridax68 said:

This is a good mention, and I agree that it would be much cooler if we got to keep momentum on the K-drive, if not in Archwing as well. This is also why I'd like for vehicles to be attached to the current movement system via some contextual button press, rather than stuck on the gear wheel: because K-Drives and Archwing are a natural extension of our movement, it would make sense to be able to access those on-demand, rather than with some hotkey or through the Gear Wheel.

Set the hotkeys for them to the F1-4, no need to add specific keybomds for them imo. (Though being able to set keybinds on the go for the gearwheel without having to go to the options menu or having to rearrange everything for the 100th time would be nice)

Losing all the momentum does suck though and I cant complain enough about it.

+1

Whenever I activate my Archwing launcher, the wings just latch onto my back and I can instantly take off flying. It feels very fluid and easy and fun.

When I activate my K-Drive launcher, my frame sort of staggers for a second before the board comes in and leaves me facing sideways. It completely breaks my momentum and does not feel good at all.

Please give the K-Drive launcher a QoL pass.