Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RAM usage

RiperKun

Question

6 answers to this question

close everything else non critical but Warframe when playing. 

this will be cruicial. no Web Browser, no Discord (it's just a Web Browser), no Skype (please just uninstall it, literally a virus), avoid using the Steam version of Warframe because you need the Memory.

if your GPU doesn't have much vRAM, Video storage could potentially overflow into System Memory (and to Disk if that is full). if your GPU has <2GB dedicated then turn down Anisotropic Filtering, Anti Aliasing, Texture Memory, Et Cetera down to about medium levels.
some Video settings should just be turned off (you probably don't like the look of all of them anyways, so coincidentally in sync probably), extra Video settings all require more vRAM.
if your GPU has <1GB of dedicated Memory, then the same sort of gist but clamping harder.

5 hours ago, sysglo0 said:

https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-memory-optimizer.html
Use this - and close any unnecessary programs that might be running

Please OP do not install this program.  It doesn't do anything better than what you could do yourself with Task Manager.  

The following advice given by Taiiat is much better.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

this will be cruicial. no Web Browser, no Discord (it's just a Web Browser), no Skype (please just uninstall it, literally a virus), avoid using the Steam version of Warframe because you need the Memory.

if your GPU doesn't have much vRAM, Video storage could potentially overflow into System Memory (and to Disk if that is full). if your GPU has <2GB dedicated then turn down Anisotropic Filtering, Anti Aliasing, Texture Memory, Et Cetera down to about medium levels.
some Video settings should just be turned off (you probably don't like the look of all of them anyways, so coincidentally in sync probably), extra Video settings all require more vRAM.
if your GPU has <1GB of dedicated Memory, then the same sort of gist but clamping harder.

On 2018-11-09 at 9:10 PM, taiiat said:

for some reason, lowering internal res by 1% helps a bunch? And i'm also noticing a big performance hit when i return back to the "cetus" of venus. this also happens with POE ever since i get to my new 4GB laptop from my old 6GB but lower speced laptop. is this strictly a ram issue? since it's rlly annoying to have to wait for 10 mins and have 5fps after i load back to the hub?

1 hour ago, RiperKun said:

for some reason, lowering internal res by 1% helps a bunch? And i'm also noticing a big performance hit when i return back to the "cetus" of venus. this also happens with POE ever since i get to my new 4GB laptop from my old 6GB but lower speced laptop. is this strictly a ram issue? since it's rlly annoying to have to wait for 10 mins and have 5fps after i load back to the hub?

the Relay would definitely use less Memory than the Landscape, if i understand what you're saying right that certainly makes sense.

i've basically said all i can say from what i know, if you're looking for more some better idea of Specs and Et Cetera would help.

Very slow load times is probably too small amount of system RAM.

Using 64 bit Warframe or 32 bit Warframe? 32 bit use less RAM then 64 bit. At the launcher, open the settings to turn off 64 bit to check if 32 bit Warframe would run faster on 4 GB computer.

If possible, upgrade your RAM on your laptop. Laptop model number? For most laptops, RAM (memory) can be upgraded.