The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Bow

Buttsecks

And chances are, with the technology you could create some crazy pseudo-alloy frame with higher tensile strength and blah blah blah!

Or it could just be like bolto or some sort of magnetic bolt driver. Because, you know, they've probably figured out how to fire any projectile in a compact package.

I'd love to be able to murder guys with a compound bow. Seconding this. It could be like a stronger version of the bolto. Relatively slow firing, but armor piercing, huge damage, and pins them to walls.

Bolto is armorignoring, does pretty high damage, AND pins targets to walls. And it has a pretty high firerate. But I I think I know what you mean. I would love a bow, with a similar concept as the bolto, just stronger.

Edited by Labcat

What's with this trend of sticking bows in everything? Is it because of the Hunger Games? Crysis 3?

No, because of IRL bows. I once got a bow for my birthday. Excited, I went to test it, with a friend of course. I thought the arrow would fly about 50m. It flew 100m, just passing the roof of a house

.fak

Edited by Labcat

A scifi composite bow that shoots.. plasma bolts and "stuff". Yes please!

The impaling effect of Bolto would be great with this kind of weapon but I think the scifi arrows should be much faster than Bolto's bolts. There could even be a melee-like mechanic for it, you simply hold the LMB to charge it and shoot it like a powerful bolto shot that impales people, and if you tap LMB it just shoots regular scifi arrows.

No, because of IRL bows. I once got a bow for my birthday. Excited, I went to test it, with a friend of course. I thought the arrow would fly about 50m. It flew 100m, just passing the roof of a house

.fak

I'm not saying bows aren't cool, It's just that I've seen a recent surge of them in more non-medieval titles.

What about something like a blowgun? It's silent, small and easy to carry for the ninja on the go.

Because bows are awesome?

Nothing says "I owned your &#!" than killing someone with "outdated" tech

You know what else is awesome? Pirates and T-rexes... you don't see them being implemented do you?

I would personally love to see bow because it sounds like a weapon which could introduce another way of distance fighting but... I don't know what that could be to keep up with weapons that are already out there. It can't be fastshooting. It could go under long-range with heavy damage but that's not any use since it should be slower than the slowest sniper rifle available now. Maybe charged shoots that can pierce few enemies in straight line?

Interesting and worth thinking some more beside "its cool" point.

I would love to see a bow as well, give it the same damage as the snipetron, but make it aim like the bow in res 5. Skill to balance the power. Also make it silent so you can take down an enemy at range and go unalerted making stealth more possible.

We already have spaces ninjas, could see space pirates making an appearance.

...back to T-rexes. RoboT-Rexes that is.

but seriously what I meant is an explaination to why would one use bow instead of futuristic guns and what mechanics would such new weapon provide. That differentizes good sci-fi from trash sci-fi. Possibly reliable explaination.

You know what else is awesome? Pirates and T-rexes... you don't see them being implemented do you?

Space pirates and a planet inhabited by dinosaurs. Sounds like a good time to me.

But to the rest, firing a bow isn't necessarily slow. There are techniques that allow an archer to accurately shoot several arrows in a matter of seconds, that can be done without any fixed anchor point and while moving and jumping.

Certainly a bow weapon can be as you described, but it could also serve as an optimal weapon for medium range combat, or even close range if we bring something like a wrist-mounted crossbow into the mix.