The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Bow

Buttsecks

I, for one, welcome our new bow-wielding overlords.

As for the topic of primary weapons that pierce armor and pin enemies to walls...

Why not a heavy duty nailgun, like the Penetrator from FEAR (as has surely been mentioned any number of times)? Alternatively, perhaps something that follows the Bolto's bizarre "flintlock" aesthetic with an equivalently antiquated design. Or perhaps like that hand-pumped pneumatic railgun from Metro 2033?

All of these could penetrate armor and pin enemies to walls, but it's apparent that the concept of the weapon itself could be either loud and satisfying or stealthy and utterly silent.

Edited by Kei-chan

i think itd fit in better if there was a warframe and its abilities were something to do with a bow.

like the first skill could be shooting a simple arrow.

also think the bow should be made of plasma or something that forms when you use a skill

i think itd fit in better if there was a warframe and its abilities were something to do with a bow.

also think the bow should be made of plasma or something that forms when you use a skill

I think that's a terrible idea.

I recall a thread in the fan zone that spoke briefly on the skills an archer class could use. Allow me to brush the dust off of it and relay the quote here since it seems relevant. Quote is courtesy of Ced23Ric's creative prowess.

Working Title: Yumi (jap. "bow")

1: Escape Flip 25 Energy - Yumi catapults herself backwards in a series of sommersaults, slashing enemies in her path.

Special: Distance 6m (7yds), damage: 75, staggers hit enemies.

Boost: +1.7m (2yds) distance, +30 damage per.

2: Arrow Strike 50 Energy - Yumi launches an arrow that plunges through enemies in a straight line.

Special: Ignores shields, 150dmg base, Puncture +7.

Boost: +50dmg, +3 Puncture per.

3: Archer's Eye 75 Energy - Yumi concentrates on her next shots, dealing more damage.

Special: +25% Armor-Piercing Damage, +10% Crit Chance for 7 seconds.

Boost: +2s duration, +5% Crit, +10% AP dmg per.

4: Hail of Projectiles 100 Energy - Yumi goes into the zone and fires torrents of never-ending bullets. Duration: 4s

Special: +50% Rate of Fire, +100% Multishot, +25% AP dmg, +4 Puncture.

Boost: +1.5s duration, +15% RoF, + 25% Multishot, +10% AP, +1 Puncture dmg per.

+1

Bows are just overall awesome. And it would fit the "traditional" feeling of the Tenno anyway.

Indeed.

Nothing says "space samurai" more than a guy with a space bow and space katana killing space marines. In space.

But leaving all lame jokes aside, bows would be awsome.

Off topic:

And, i said it before, the ability to select the sword/melee weapon, block with RMB, use the "e" button grab random crates, stuff, or even enemies and (this would be so awsome) allies. This could be useful to drag/carry a wounded ally to safety and start healing them, rather than do it right next to the boss.

This would also fit in.

I don't like the idea of a dedicated bow-user. I want a bow on my Mag :( Also, restricting a weapon like this to powers and energy use would be somewhat lackluster i think?

Oh and yes. Robot space T-rex and space pirates with space ninja's in space please.

Edited by Lers

I don't like the idea of a dedicated bow-user. I want a bow on my Mag :( Also, restricting a weapon like this to powers and energy use would be somewhat lackluster i think?

Agreed, every weapon should be available to all the warframes, having a single warframe that can only use bow is a bit out of place.

Oh god.

Time for a true display of skill!

I think the issue with a bow weapon is that, A refire rate would be terrible and make ballancing an issue, B now we have the boltor we have a long gun and pistol bolt firing weapon, any more would ruin the novelty of such weapons. As for a frame based off bows, a nice idea but would severely limit available powers not to mention do you really think that machines with powers based around relatively abstract forces, fire, ice, force, mind control, etc would really fit an entire skillset based around a single type of weapon that you aren't even carrying?

I like bows as much as the next guy, I just don't think there's room for it in the developement style of warframe.

Not sure how this hasn't been suggested yet (did a search of the forum) but I believe bows/archery would be a stellar addition to this game's combat system. It would certainly introduce a higher level of skill based shooting which would be great for veteran players.

A very low rate of fire, high damage and the need to adjust your shot dependent on your targets range would add more of a dynamic shooting experience as opposed to the sometimes monotonous "click on faces". Archery would certainly play into the stealth feeling of the game. Surely I cannot be the only one who would like a mission where one must remain unnoticed for the duration.

As I've suggested in the thread FrankJaeger just linked, it doesn't have to be too slow or too fast really, could be more immersive, just like how the melee works. Tapping the fire key to do low damage-ish rapid attack with the bow, and holding it to do a charged attack.

I think it would be very lovely if they added a bow, but only if it's "futuristic" with funky unconventional projectiles. Not a medieval longbow. :P