The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Bow

Buttsecks

First things first, if someone says ''We in the future'' Ash throws shurikens. Also, read it through before commenting anything.

It's just a suggestion which i think could fit into this world.. :)

Also:

I am fully aware that this has been done before by other people in this forum but this is MY version and how I think this should be done. I will take ideas, i will add them with which i agree on.

So no Mr. Forum Police because someone else already did it, if you can point me at where they suggested it like this, i will agree to ''merging'' or whatever.

Ps. See the last part of this post why i added this.

TIP:

Keep looking back at this post! I'll add some new ideas i get along the way and will EDIT this first post right here! I will also include good feedback & ideas that other people give me and will add it to the ''Feedback & Idea'' area.

Thanks!

-Torguish

Weapon Type: Bow

- Picture: http://th05.devianta...uel-d4qtdzx.jpg

Bullet Type: Arrow

- Picture: http://fc07.devianta...uel-d4vtrpy.jpg

Speciality: Silent, penetrating and long-range kills.

Mechanic: The longer you press ''Fire'', the more power in the shot. Can also be used in to fire more frequently, in cost of losing damage by simply not holding down the fire button.

Additional effects:

- At max charge, the Arrow penetrates the enemy, allowing you hit enemies behind the one you shot. Altho this inflicts less damage as it goes through enemies.

Example: 100 damage to the first one then: 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, so about 10% damage reduction per enemy.

NOTE: NUMBERS CAN BE TWEAKED!

- The arrow sticks to the enemy so you can see where you shot them, unless the arrow penetrates the enemy of course.

The ''Talent'' tree would including things like these:

- Damage

- Penetration damage increase

- Penetration amount (How many enemies can you penetrate.)

- Arrow velocity

- Noise generated

- Charge speed

Please give any questions, suggestions and i will answer as soon as possible!

Thanks to the great work of Samouel for the pictures! :)

Link: http://samouel.deviantart.com/

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Fresh Ideas:

-New ammo type: Plasma

On kill would disintegrate the enemy, making him unable to be found. This would work in stealth situations since the body of that enemy you killed disintegrates thus, cannot be found.

Also! Since the Tenno can't deal ''Poison'' damage, i think plasma would do just fine in that category! :)

- Ammo type slot:

This means more arrow/bullet types for all guns/ranged weapons. Explosive, impaling, shield penetrating arrows or whatever else you like! It's like a MOD slot except you put only a ''Ammo'' type there. This was discussed on page 2.

- A ''Critical'' charge point.

This means that when you hold down FIRE to charge you bow, you get a certain point during the charge which, when released at, gives you full power and the ability to penetrate enemies.

- More skins for bows

Duh. I mean, these are only the kind of bows i'd like to see in-game. We could use things like magnetism, frikken spaceninjamagic for all i care.. :D

- Crossbows

Basically the same but with no charging, only with a painfully long reload time. Also i'm thinking this could be the ''Sniper'' version of the Bow/Arrow type weapons.

Picture:

http://www.xbox360ac...ow1_632x421.jpg

Yes it is from Deus Ex, but that gives you a good idea what i'm going for with that. :) And the reason why i don't cover the crossbow because i'm focusing on the bow!

Thanks for all the support!

Special thanks to:

londelydrone

CapricaSix

DellTheBeginner1

And a big applause for samouel @ DevianArt!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Answers to questions & feedback:

Silent is all I needed to see.

I have tried to stealth a few times in this game and always end up bored just waiting for people to turn around so I can shank them with a plasma sword. If a bow was silent, or had a very low volume of noise it would make stealth operations that much more badass (and less time consuming), and givin the concept of "badass samurai ninjas" this game has, I think we need this. :)

Gives me shivers in my spine just thinking about looking back into a room I assassinated and seeing all those arrows in there heads! :D

Edit: Oh but umm, I kind of disagree with it having penetrating arrows. Of course this is a base suggestion, and I'm pretty sure you expected the penetration to be a bit of a stretch, but as mentioned before it'd make puncture useless for it. I do however agree with charging up shots for more damage.

Good you like it! :)

I'm also thinking a ''timing mechanic'' that when you charge, there is a ''critical'' point and when you launch at just that moment you get the ''maximum'' power with penetrating arrows.

This would require skill in both timing and gameplay since this can be nifty to use in nifty situations, tell me what you think! :)

Ps. I'm aware that Kai from Vindictus uses this exact same mechanic so yes, i borrowed this from him but he's my favorite character in that game and i'd like to see something like that in this game! :P

________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another bow thread.

I really love the bow and arrows in those pictures, but I was expecting the bow to have "balanced" infinite energy projectiles rather than a whole different ammo type on it's own :P ..But if this makes its way into the game as it is, I don't think I'd mind either way.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

I'll keep this here since that OP has only a question like that and it seems to be dead in a way.. :P Hopefully everyones okay with that :D

Also, i can update this thread if people give me good ideas! :P

Also about the energy and ammo type, i think the arrows would be fitting since you can add multiple different types of arrowheads anyways. Considering these things have MODS that give you electric, ice and/or fire etc powers, i think the MODs would fit it this way better.. not to mention i think it's pretty cool D:

They can also make ''Bolt/Arrow'' ammo type for these kind of weapons. I mean bolts are basically shorter arrows but i think an option to modify the length of that kind of a projectile isn't that big of a deal in a sci-fi ninja universe.. :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________

maybe make different bows (just in the model). the upgradre slot would add fire rate, zoom levels (not like snipetron, but like a real sniper), sound made by it (higher range = less sound), instead of damage and range, cuz damage will come from different type of arrows, like normal arrows, explosive arrows, bolt type arrows (impaling arrows), and high-speed arrows (long range).

just and idea.

:D

These things will be in MODS, mostly because it would be too annoying to use multiple types of arrows, since you know, we don't have exploding bullets etc..

Also, 1 version of a bow is good enough right now since we want only 1 bow, not to mention adding multiple types of string bows would be annoying. I can do a concept but right now i don't think it needs something like this.. :D

Atm i can deal with Crossbow for a another type of bow.. :P

__________________________________________________________________________________

I said different in model, MODEL. if that isnt clear enough... the bows would look different with the same stats.

And I also thought in mods, what i dont like bout that, is that u could use various different types at once, thats not what i want or meant.

C'mon, a bow with a high-speed, explosive, impaling arrows? that IS overpowered.

Besides, different bows MODELS, with the arrow types system, would make some individual bow playing, even if everyone uses bow in a party.

About the models:

Yeah i'm all in for different models but i'm not the one that did those pictures.. :D Those are just examples of what they COULD look like.. :P You can't imagine how hard it is to find fitting, unique sci-fi bows on the web, you'd be surprised. Specially when i was looking for something REALLY cool.. :D

And also, bows using things like you said, eg. magnetism, i'm all up for it! :) I'll be sure to include these things there.

And Arrow types:

I'm all up for it. But remember: This is a suggestion only, i only want that this thread is heard so the devs can maybe, just maybe like it. I'll add your ideas! :) That ammo type slot thingy would be awesome! :P

______________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Torguish

Here's another bow thread.

I really love the bow and arrows in those pictures, but I was expecting the bow to have "balanced" infinite energy projectiles rather than a whole different ammo type on it's own :P ..But if this makes its way into the game as it is, I don't think I'd mind either way.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

I'll keep this here since that OP has only a question like that and it seems to be dead in a way.. :P Hopefully everyones okay with that :D

Also, i can update this thread if people give me good ideas! :P

Also about the energy and ammo type, i think the arrows would be fitting since you can add multiple different types of arrowheads anyways. Considering these things have MODS that give you electric, ice and/or fire etc powers, i think the MODs would fit it this way better.. not to mention i think it's pretty cool D:

They can also make ''Bolt/Arrow'' ammo type for these kind of weapons. I mean bolts are basically shorter arrows but i think an option to modify the length of that kind of a projectile isn't that big of a deal in a sci-fi ninja universe.. :D

Edited by Torguish

I like the idea of having a bow :) Giving the bow penetration would conflict with the 'puncture' weapon. Giving the arrows the same characteriscs as the ammunition from the Bolto/Boltor i.e. ignoring armor and pinning enemies against walls when doing a lethal hit would be an alternative.

Yeah, that's what i'm going for and i agree, pinning enemies is not that imporant. I see something like the arrows just sticking to the enemy cool.. :P Glad you like it! :D Hopefully this will happen ;)

me likes +1

Thank you! :)

Speciality: Silent, penetrating and long-range kills.

I have tried to stealth a few times in this game and always end up bored just waiting for people to turn around so I can shank them with a plasma sword. If a bow was silent, or had a very low volume of noise it would make stealth operations that much more badass (and less time consuming), and givin the concept of "badass samurai ninjas" this game has, I think we need this. :)

Gives me shivers in my spine just thinking about looking back into a room I assassinated and seeing all those arrows in there heads! :D

Edit: Oh but umm, I kind of disagree with it having penetrating arrows. Of course this is a base suggestion, and I'm pretty sure you expected the penetration to be a bit of a stretch, but as mentioned before it'd make puncture useless for it. I do however agree with charging up shots for more damage.

Edited by ProfessorSnow

Good you like it! :) I'm also thinking a ''timing mechanic'' that when you charge, there is a ''critical'' point and when you launch at just that moment you get the ''maximum'' power with penetrating arrows. This would require skill in both timing and gameplay since this can be nifty to use in nifty situations, tell me what you think! :)

Ps. I'm aware that Kai from Vindictus uses this exact same mechanic so yes, i borrowed this from him but he's my favorite character in that game and i'd like to see something like that in this game! :P

I've read this topic about three times and i decided i like it

Good to know :D Hopefully everybody else do too.

Edited by Torguish

maybe make different bows (just in the model). the upgradre slot would add fire rate, zoom levels (not like snipetron, but like a real sniper), sound made by it (higher range = less sound), instead of damage and range, cuz damage will come from different type of arrows, like normal arrows, explosive arrows, bolt type arrows (impaling arrows), and high-speed arrows (long range).

just and idea.

just and idea.

These things will be in MODS, mostly because it would be too annoying to use multiple types of arrows. Also, 1 version of a bow is good enough right now since we want only 1 bow, not to mention adding multiple types of string bows would be annoying. I can do a concept but right now i don't think it needs something like this.. :D

Atm i can deal with Crossbow for a another type of bow.. :P

Edited by Torguish

I said different in model, MODEL. if that isnt clear enough... the bows would look different with the same stats.

And I also thought in mods, what i dont like bout that, is that u could use various different types at once, thats not what i want or meant.

C'mon, a bow with a high-speed, explosive, impaling arrows? that IS overpowered.

Besides, different bows MODELS, with the arrow types system, would make some individual bow playing, even if everyone uses bow in a party.