Riven changes costed me 2k plat

QuillTheBoreal

Now, I indeed understand that rivens add immense power to the game. They needed a nerf. However, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it and I can't even play fortuna cuz I try to earn my plat back I am totally disappointed. You Hyped us to lose plat? No thanks. I wish this update never came 

Edited by QuillTheBoreal
lat changed to plat

They didn’t nerf rivens, they rebalanced them. They did say they were removing sentinel rivens. All rivens are subject to change and rebalancing, this is why I never spend serious plat on them. 

People who had their rivens get better are likely happy. Don’t blame the devs for trying to balance weapons, blame the community that over used disposition 5 weapons until they were no longer “outcast weapons”

So, an OP item was nerfed, you had paid much plat for said item, and now you're upset since the nerf reduced it's value?

Sorry you lost value, but it happens to everyone.  That valuable weapon from Baro comes back, and the price drops.  That vaulted Lex Prime set?  Gets unvaulted and much easier to obtain, so the value plummets.  Event only mods become drops, and the value plummets.

"I'll lose value" really isn't an argument against balancing the game, and it doesn't stop changes in any number of places.  It's not going to stop it here.  If you went into it expecting the price of said item was fixed forever, well, sorry, but that's just not how reality works.

Edited by Phatose

This is #*!%ed up! I also payed plat and long hours to get the kuva to roll my rivens, i would be fine if you just nerfed the dispo and made new rolls less potent, but annihilating the stats of those people already have?! WHAT THE ACTUAL #*!%?! Never spending a dime on this game again if this is how things go.

It wasn't a nerf... it was following through on what disposition was supposed to be on release... a limiter that fluctuates based on weapon popularity, which was very long over due. Now people are pissed because they're used to disposition being a static stat and now it's suddenly different. Hopefully DE updates disposition on a more regular basis from now on, so expectations and spending don't get out of hand again.

Edited by AXCrusnik

1 minute ago, P0Wlius said:

This is #*!%ed up! I also payed plat and long hours to get the kuva to roll my rivens, i would be fine if you just nerfed the dispo and made new rolls less potent, but annihilating the stats of those people already have?! WHAT THE ACTUAL #*!%?! Never spending a dime on this game again if this is how things go.

They adjusted the dispositions by a maximum of 0.2, hardly 'annihilating'. If they didn't change the stats people had, you'd end up with a market of unobtainable legacy rivens with even more absurdly high prices than we have now. They made the right choice.

These are only the first Riven changes; DE told us a long time ago that Rivens would eventually see changes like these, and we-- the playerbase-- ignored that, and dumped an absolutely huge amount of time and money into Riven collections despite this. And that was entirely our-- the playerbase's-- fault.

You say your Rivens are worth less than half of what they were worth before?

Honestly, I think that's good. The Riven market was always a ridiculous platinum investment. It never should have gotten as lucrative as it is. I genuinely hope all Rivens, from now on, become a lot less expensive because people should understand that these items are subject to changes.

2 minutes ago, P0Wlius said:

Of course it affected currently existing rivens.  If anything functioned the way you're asking, there would be a constant storm of people angry the old items are unobtainable and more powerful.  Imagine if Tonkors made before the change still did no self damage, and the rage anyone without one would be expressing.

Guess you won't be spending any more dimes, because balance functions this way, and so this is how things go.

6 minutes ago, P0Wlius said:

This has always been how the game works, though? You never got to "keep" a different version of a weapon or Warframe if it was changed; it didn't matter if you invested days of grinding Prime Parts or spent hundreds of platinum trading for them. The rule of thumb has always been "don't invest time or money into something strong if you're going to be upset if/when it's nerfed, because the state of balance in Warframe is always changing."

The assumption that people would get to "keep" their very specific Riven stats is ridiculous, there was never any precedent for it.

13 minutes ago, P0Wlius said:

Hahaha, I hope you complain when your car loses value the second you start it and drive away.

18 minutes ago, Phatose said:

So, an OP item was nerfed, you had paid much plat for said item, and now you're upset since the nerf reduced it's value?

Sorry you lost value, but it happens to everyone.  That valuable weapon from Baro comes back, and the price drops.  That vaulted Lex Prime set?  Gets unvaulted and much easier to obtain, so the value plummets.  Event only mods become drops, and the value plummets.

"I'll lose value" really isn't an argument against balancing the game, and it doesn't stop changes in any number of places.  It's not going to stop it here.  If you went into it expecting the price of said item was fixed forever, well, sorry, but that's just not how reality works.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

They didn’t nerf rivens, they rebalanced them. They did say they were removing sentinel rivens. All rivens are subject to change and rebalancing, this is why I never spend serious plat on them. 

People who had their rivens get better are likely happy. Don’t blame the devs for trying to balance weapons, blame the community that over used disposition 5 weapons until they were no longer “outcast weapons”

14 minutes ago, Brokolicka said:

Good.

13 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Lol. Sometimes we make bad decisions in life and we just have to learn from them. That is what you have to do now.

12 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

And all the things you mentiontioned, OP, happened because you were uninformed, it's a "you" problem and not  "us/DE" problem.

Info on rivens was available prior, dispositions were never a set in stone thing.

7 minutes ago, TheResult said:

These are only the first Riven changes; DE told us a long time ago that Rivens would eventually see changes like these, and we-- the playerbase-- ignored that, and dumped an absolutely huge amount of time and money into Riven collections despite this. And that was entirely our-- the playerbase's-- fault.

You say your Rivens are worth less than half of what they were worth before?

Honestly, I think that's good. The Riven market was always a ridiculous platinum investment. It never should have gotten as lucrative as it is. I genuinely hope all Rivens, from now on, become a lot less expensive because people should understand that these items are subject to changes.

3 minutes ago, mitsukaikira said:

It is not the fault of DE you spent so much on a Riven. Blame yourself.

These thread pretty much sum up my opinion on the Riven hoop la.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

giphy.gif

Especially this one.  The market got ridiculous. You're all ridiculous, thinking a Riven is worth more than a full Prime Access with Max Plat, Accessories and Boosters. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Theoretically yes. I have a laser rifle riven that could fetch a nice price.

As with most rewards in Warframe, anything that DE actually allows us to keep after a change usually means it will be made available later. I think it's fair to assume that Sentinel Rivens will probably be offered again as rewards for something else entirely; they just removed them from the normal Riven pool.

I recently sold Stinger and Burst Laser rivens for basically nothing and I think you're overreacting.

Sure, I'm slightly pissed right now but just like in real life, market can be unpredictable.

Edited by Guest

The only bad thing DE did was sit on their hands about changes for so long. But anyone who informed themselves knew changes could come at any time.

People were willing to pay out the nose for "god" rolls. And those that got them early enough reaped the benefits for a lllllllooooonnnngggg time and likely made far more back. You got in late. *Shrug*. The player driven market played you.