Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven changes costed me 2k plat

QuillTheBoreal

The Riven system as a whole is a cancer that shouldn't have been implanted, but was, and it sucks, and everything about it sucks, and the market for Rivens sucks, and you selling 49 or whatever of them really isn't helping.

Rivens should go away, and come back in some other form, more like Diablo 3. It's a baaaaaaaad system. And it's pointless. And yet kids fork out oodles of their parents' cash to buy them. It's pathetic. Rivens are cancer. Period. You can say whatever, but it's a fact. Objectively.

The problem is not what you're expressing. The true problem is people's artiificial, deluded reliance on and giving value to Rivens.

It's just a plat-sink. If you think it's anything else, you're deluded.

4 hours ago, QuillTheBoreal said:

owever, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it

Soo, couple questions:

1. Why did you sell off your Sweeper Riven for so low? They aren't disappearing Sentinel Rivens, they're just pausing the making of more of them. The primary concern among the community is that Sentinel Rivens are going to drastically increase in value due to their exclusivity, not decrease. Waiting a few weeks or months to sell that Mod might've made you a lot more plat than it would've before this update.
  2. Aside from the Sweeper Riven, have you actually lost Plat by selling mods, or just perceived that your Rivens would earn you less if you sold them now? Because as a trader you need to know that Warframe's trade economy is built upon rumors, fear, clickbait gullibility, sensationalism and indignant overreaction. If you try to sell a Riven for a meta Primary or Secondary right now, of course no-one's going to want to pay much Plat for them. The general perception of anything being traded oscillates wildly between "godly" and "utter trash", between "worth thousands of plat" and "worth nothing" at the drop of a grate. Wait out the panic and you'll be trading like normal soon.
Edited by SenorClipClop

hace 44 minutos, Falconer777 dijo:

What does it have to do with real life in general?
This is a small lesson not to spend a lot of money in video games, the developers of which can at any time change the statistics (quality) of virtual items you purchase, that's all. 

What you point out is correct, and also as I said in my post it's a small taste of how market works: volatile AF. If OP in the future thinks twice before investing in some snake oil miracle bond I'd say that 2k plat were well spent. 

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Indeed, the game that is doing so poorly that they have to give it away and already put their expansion pack on sale. 

Ehhh, it's doing poorly by Activision standards.. Forsaken on consoles alone just digitally brought in roughly 200 million and outsold Spiderman and brought in more than Fortnite. It was literally the top selling item digitally in September. That's not including physical or PC sales.

200 million for a dlc is pretty damn good in the gaming world, but then Activision said BO4 is disappointing and it brought in over 500 million in it's 1st 3 days.

Activision and EA are horrible companies.. 

4 hours ago, QuillTheBoreal said:

Now, I indeed understand that rivens add immense power to the game. They needed a nerf. However, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it and I can't even play fortuna cuz I try to earn my plat back I am totally disappointed. You Hyped us to lose plat? No thanks. I wish this update never came 

Hahaha this is awesome.  it looks like speculators got screwed.  I am really glad.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb QuillTheBoreal:

Now, I indeed understand that rivens add immense power to the game. They needed a nerf. However, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it and I can't even play fortuna cuz I try to earn my plat back I am totally disappointed. You Hyped us to lose plat? No thanks. I wish this update never came 

Is that all? You only play WF to "earn" plat? Then please, go ahead and be dissappointed, a tip: dont be so entitled. No one forced you to spend thousands of plat on some bandaid system that no one really needed. Hopefully the ridicilous price ideas of some ppl and their "GOD TIER" mods will settle down a bit. Good riddance.

Basically it's happens in this game in many part if the said part is subject of change. The game is still in Beta and it will be remain beta so the devs can change everything what they feel it needs. This is not an excuse to let peoples buy items but the rivens from the beginning was a bit op and a lot of weapons didn't felt any of the extras because still the meta and already strong weapons become more powerful. Also the devs mentionned they will change the rivens because those needed the balance hit. Spending thousands of platinum in every part of the game is nonsense so investing money on god rivens, primed mods, anything which theoreticaly costs 1000+ is silly and should not be in this game.

I never spent on rivens and I cannot earn them by now since I am a newer player and a casual one aswell " with less time " to play but I spend my money on necessary things even help others but that's all. 

Edited by Szuna

11 minutes ago, Brian770 said:

i just want the "master list" of all rivens changed....i have 50 now and want to know what ones were effected

Spoiler

PRIMARIES:
Amprex: 0.96->0.85
Argonak: 1.0->1.1
Braton: 0.96->1.01
Burston: 1.18->1.25
Buzlok: 1.55->1.45
Cernos: 0.86->0.92
Dread: 0.82->0.9
Ferrox: 1.0->1.1
Grakata: 1.1->1.15
Hema: 1.0-> 1.1
Ignis: 0.79->0.7
Javlok: 1.0->1.1
Lanka: 1.1->0.95
Latron: 1.07->1.15
Miter: 1.6->1.55
Mutalist Cernos: 1.21->1.26
Opticor: 1.21->1.15
Panthera: 1.55->1.5
Paris: 0.96->1.05
Penta: 1.18->1.25
Quanta: 0.9->1.0
Quartakk: 1.2->1.25
Rubico: 1.1->0.95
Scourge: 1.0->1.1
Simulor: 0.5->0.7
Soma: 0.5->0.55
Stradavar: 1.18->1.25
Supra: 1.14->1.0
Tenora: 1.0->1.05
Tiberon: 1.5->1.3
Tonkor: 0.55->0.75
Torid: 1.14->1.2
Vectis: 1.0->0.92
Veldt: 1.0->1.1
Zarr: 1.0->1.08
Zenith: 1.0->1.1
Zhuge: 1.1->1.18

SHOTGUNS:
Arca Plasmor: 0.9->0.7
Astilla: 1.2->1.1
Corinth: 1.0->1.05
Hek: 0.55->0.7
Strun: 1.42->1.35

SECONDARIES:
Akbolto: 0.85-> 0.8
Aklex: 1.0->0.92
Aksomati: 1.26->1.2
Akvasto: 1.24->1.3
Atomos: 0.87->0.8
Azima: 1.35->1.25
Ballistica: 0.85->0.95
Brakk: 0.75->0.95
Bronco: 1.2->1.3
Castanas: 1.42->1.35
Cycron: 1.0->1.1
Despair: 1.24->1.3
Dual Cestra: 1.35->1.3
Dual Toxocyst: 1.19->1.25
Euphona Prime: 0.75->0.7
Fusilai: 1.2->1.3
Gammacor: 0.53->0.65
Hikou: 0.69->0.75
Hystrix: 1.0->1.05
Knell: 1.0->1.15
Kohmak: 1.2->1.3
Kulstar: 1.1->1.2
Lato: 1.51->1.4
Marelok: 0.5->0.65
Pandero: 1.0->0.95
Pox: 0.82->0.95
Pyrana: 1.2->1.0
Sicarus: 1.5->1.3
Sonicor: 0.5->0.65
Spira: 0.66->0.85
Twin Grakatas: 0.76->0.85
Twin Gremlins: 1.5->1.4
Twin Kohmak: 1.1->1.2
Twin Rogga: 1.0->1.15
Vasto: 1.53->1.4
Viper: 1.53->1.45
Zakti: 1.0->1.1

From this thread.

I'm sorry you lost out on plat, I get that must be a crummy feeling. I might not be creative or smart enough to see it, but I'm not sure how they could have avoided this situation. They either stop balancing the game, or they make it so Riven mods can't be traded. Those are the only two options I see to avoid the market shifting, but I don't like either of those options.

The riven system as a hole needs a change. It was made in such a way where it only depends on RNG, boring grind or plats. It should reward effort and skills as an end game content.

Any riven fanatic already learned that in order to have a nice collection of GOD rolls, one would have to spend plats BUT it was always a risky investment.

If anything must be learned from this experience, is that no one should spend lots of plats in rivens unless they are prepared to see the investment dont have the same returns in plats or in game.

Heavy plat spenders like me are disappointed right now, I know we should have seen that coming but we cant help it....

18 hours ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Ehhh, it's doing poorly by Activision standards.. Forsaken on consoles alone just digitally brought in roughly 200 million and outsold Spiderman and brought in more than Fortnite. It was literally the top selling item digitally in September. That's not including physical or PC sales.

200 million for a dlc is pretty damn good in the gaming world, but then Activision said BO4 is disappointing and it brought in over 500 million in it's 1st 3 days.

Activision and EA are horrible companies.. 

Not hard to bring in more than Fortnite since the part most people play is BR which is 100% free. You also have to remember, Spider-Man is PS4 exclusive, Destiny 2 and the expansions arent.

I do agree though Activision and EA are bad companies, a major reason not to buy Destiny 2, its expansions or the coming Anthem. Going from Digital Extremes to a major money grab corporations makes no sense to me.

On 2018-11-09 at 9:51 AM, TheResult said:

As with most rewards in Warframe, anything that DE actually allows us to keep after a change usually means it will be made available later. I think it's fair to assume that Sentinel Rivens will probably be offered again as rewards for something else entirely; they just removed them from the normal Riven pool.

Ever hear of primed chamber?  It more comes back as a trophy mod for a special occasion.

Though generally I agree, sentinel mods probably wouldn't be removed permanently, they're just the least exciting mods to acquire by their nature and don't need to be clogging up the drop tables.  However much, what is it, 11(?) sentinel rivens could clog up in a list of hundreds of weapons.

Edited by Littleman88

Il y a 19 heures, (PS4)lhbuch a dit :

The riven system as a hole needs a change. It was made in such a way where it only depends on RNG, boring grind or plats. It should reward effort and skills as an end game content.

Any riven fanatic already learned that in order to have a nice collection of GOD rolls, one would have to spend plats BUT it was always a risky investment.

If anything must be learned from this experience, is that no one should spend lots of plats in rivens unless they are prepared to see the investment dont have the same returns in plats or in game.

Heavy plat spenders like me are disappointed right now, I know we should have seen that coming but we cant help it....

Rivens system as a whole is working, the only thing that's broken here is trading system. People are making tons of plat out of rivens, this economy is so insane you have now more sellers than real buyers and prices are so high for only one reason - Return on investment.

Rivens should be tradeable only once, people who spend their life farming kuva, buying rivens and asking for indecent price when they sell them again is what's ruining this game's economy. Being able to trade anything only once would definitely solve this plat leechers issue - And we'd get decent prices instead.

Le 09/11/2018 à 14:58, hazerddex a dit :

THANK GOD now i don't have to kill something every time i get THUMPER RIVEN MOD.especially after completely a hair pulling challenge. 

Side note; they also said that they were looking into a way to Intentionally get a riven for a sentinel weapon.
So sentinel riven mods aren't gone, just being separated from the overall Riven unveiling cycle.

il y a 9 minutes, 000l000 a dit :

Rivens system as a whole is working, the only thing that's broken here is trading system. People are making tons of plat out of rivens, this economy is so insane you have now more sellers than real buyers and prices are so high for only one reason - Return on investment

It's barely working as intended.
I'll leave aside the free market as that's always toxic and subject to change with people's greed.

However, Rivens aren't fulfilling their original purpose, not even a single bit ;

• They were meant to be very empowering to terrible weapons, which quite naturally doesn't work because 300%+ status/crit chance on a 5% status/crit weapon is still unplayable no matter the buff. ( Not even 500% damage would benefit this weapon because it would still be greatly outclassed by our 100% crit/status builds. )

• They were meant to cycle the disposition often as per player usage, which obviously isn't a thing considering it took like 5-8 months for a single cycle.

• They're very gamble-ish.
    I'm not talking about the positive stats, but rather the negative ones. 5 out of all the negative rolls makes all riven impossible to use.
    If you wanna give me 3 balanced positive stats, be my guest, I'll find a use for it or I'll switch it however I like.
    However, if you give me -280% damage 5 times in a row after spending hours farming for Kuva I'm gonna have to break someone's leg.

• Needless to say, the 3 layers of RNG that you need to go through in order to "Possibly" fix one weak weapon is astonishing.
    You want a riven for a skana ( example )? You'll get one, in the next 2-3 months...
    Don't want to? Go drown in the market place and hopefully you'll still have some pocket money left afterward.
    Ah, and don't forget to buy a resource booster and go farm Kuva for the next 24 hours so that you can have a "Chance" at a usable roll.

• The challenges are clunky and completely ridicule.
    You're unlocking a powerful mod for a weapon, you'd think that killing stuff and getting experience with THIS weapon would be the way to unlock it, but no...
    Rather go kill 5 bunny with a spear, that'll prove that you're worthy.

All things considered, the riven system is utterly broken and void of a reason to exist.

You moreless made a bet on the gambles known as Rivens.

You losted that bet.

Rivens are moreless the most unstable and viotile trading area in this entire game (just flat out crazy prices (Thousands),High prices(Hundreds),low prices(dirt cheap) and generally no middle ground between those.

Hopefully this does set the ball of Rivens being gambling and reduces the prices 

(Saw a tombfinger riven yesterday,wasn't even that great ,just mainly a lot of fire rate and some crit chance,yet was selling for 3000 Plat)

On 2018-11-09 at 8:37 AM, P0Wlius said:

This is #*!%ed up! I also payed plat and long hours to get the kuva to roll my rivens, i would be fine if you just nerfed the dispo and made new rolls less potent, but annihilating the stats of those people already have?! WHAT THE ACTUAL #*!%?! Never spending a dime on this game again if this is how things go.

Completely agree, existing rivens should not have been touched. Disposition should have affected future rolls, not existing, building a weapon for 100% status and returning to find it is now mid 90's is absurd. Seems most of the shade is being tossed from people that were unaffected by the changes, forma wasted, time wasted, lost about 12k per clip damage on my rubico not counting crit multiplier...Oh well, watch the crap fly when all the 1k+ plat Gram rivens get crushed. Although the Gram, weeping wounds, body count, P fury, P reach, 60% elemental seems to work fine.