Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven changes costed me 2k plat

QuillTheBoreal

2 hours ago, ReshyShira said:

Wow this community really is toxic to those who like rivens. 

Absolutely agree, plenty of LOL look at all the plat you wasted haters. These people are the real cancer. Plat is easy to come by, collect stuff and sell it, you can fund this game till the end of time with a few hours of work a week...No parents CC needed. A free market will find it's own balance...

Just now, (XB1)DJFARG0 said:

Absolutely agree, plenty of LOL look at all the plat you wasted haters. These people are the real cancer. Plat is easy to come by, collect stuff and sell it, you can fund this game till the end of time with a few hours of work a week...No parents CC needed. A free market will find it's own balance...

No as bad as all these cry babies who want to do away with balance because "muh fee fees"

On 2018-11-09 at 8:29 AM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

They didn’t nerf rivens, they rebalanced them. They did say they were removing sentinel rivens. All rivens are subject to change and rebalancing, this is why I never spend serious plat on them. 

People who had their rivens get better are likely happy. Don’t blame the devs for trying to balance weapons, blame the community that over used disposition 5 weapons until they were no longer “outcast weapons”

Po tay toe - Po Taw toe... rebalanced, nerfed... same thing. Cost him plat. And he's not getting a refund. You sound like a politician. Redistribution, theft... same thing.

32 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

No as bad as all these cry babies who want to do away with balance because "muh fee fees"

Have you seen the new weapons?  They're absurdly overpowered.  These extremely powerful secondaries get released just as all the relevant secondaries get nerfed to disposition lower than the default 1.0 for the new weapons.

5 minutes ago, ReshyShira said:

Have you seen the new weapons?  They're absurdly overpowered.  These extremely powerful secondaries get released just as all the relevant secondaries get nerfed to disposition lower than the default 1.0 for the new weapons.

Which is funny because they WILL get nerfed and the whining will start all over. Maybe DE needs to put together a test server so they dont run into these issues once it's live.

Just now, ThumpumGood said:

Which is funny because they WILL get nerfed and the whining will start all over. Maybe DE needs to put together a test server so they dont run into these issues once it's live.

I don't think they will, this is just their way of pushing platnium sales, devalue the old stuff and make the new stuff have both better stats and better rivens,.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DJFARG0 said:

Completely agree, existing rivens should not have been touched. Disposition should have affected future rolls, not existing, building a weapon for 100% status and returning to find it is now mid 90's is absurd. Seems most of the shade is being tossed from people that were unaffected by the changes, forma wasted, time wasted, lost about 12k per clip damage on my rubico not counting crit multiplier...Oh well, watch the crap fly when all the 1k+ plat Gram rivens get crushed. Although the Gram, weeping wounds, body count, P fury, P reach, 60% elemental seems to work fine.

Existing Tonkors shouldn't have gotten self damage. Existing Limbos should have still stopped allied bullets. They have to change everything otherwise people will complain about older gear being literally more powerful than is now possible, not to mention it would have unbalanced the riven market even more, with newer changed rivens being worth far less as opposed to older, unchanged rivens being even MORE expensive. 

48 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Po tay toe - Po Taw toe... rebalanced, nerfed... same thing. Cost him plat. And he's not getting a refund. You sound like a politician. Redistribution, theft... same thing.

It would only be “nerf” or any vocabulary variation you prefer if the reduction in effectiveness was across the board. Which it wasn’t. Some weapons had a riven disposition increase while others decreased. To say “rebalance” is not political double talk, it is stating exactly what it is. It is nobody else’s fault other than his own that he spent platinum. No one forced any player to purchase riven mods.  Spending platinum in a dynamic player driven market means you know full well that price can fluctuate wildly from one hotfix/update to the next.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

So much toxicity in this thread.

How dare he support DE by using premium currency to buy something! He should know better!

?? Why do you blame DE for your own bad commercial decision? They literally told you the deposition will be changing from day 1. "I demand the falling stock market to stop falling coz I put my money there!"

En 9/11/2018 a las 11:23, QuillTheBoreal dijo:

Now, I indeed understand that rivens add immense power to the game. They needed a nerf. However, the rivens I bought last week is now worthing less then half and I just sold my sweeper riven for 50p because I didnt know you decided to remove it and I can't even play fortuna cuz I try to earn my plat back I am totally disappointed. You Hyped us to lose plat? No thanks. I wish this update never came 

Nobody forced you to pay absurd amounts of plat. The only thing that happened was that your rivens aren't as broken as before.

Truly life changing /s

Crybabies

Edited by NukesSR

2 hours ago, (XB1)DJFARG0 said:

Completely agree, existing rivens should not have been touched. Disposition should have affected future rolls, not existing, building a weapon for 100% status and returning to find it is now mid 90's is absurd. Seems most of the shade is being tossed from people that were unaffected by the changes, forma wasted, time wasted, lost about 12k per clip damage on my rubico not counting crit multiplier...Oh well, watch the crap fly when all the 1k+ plat Gram rivens get crushed. Although the Gram, weeping wounds, body count, P fury, P reach, 60% elemental seems to work fine.

The 100% status interaction shouldn't exist. The scaling should be consistent not have a massive jump at specific value. It should either always be divided by the number of bullets or always be per bullet it shouldn't switch at 100% that's just weird and unbalanced.

Also why should rivens have a special exemption to balancing? Single mods and weapons get changed all the time  this is just a group that got changed at once.  They definitely needed balancing and that is evident in their insane prices.  It has also always been clear that rivens were meant to change to reflect weapon usage and the market should have taken that into account.   Perhaps they shouldn't  even be tradable because at their current prices they are a scam.

Just now, ReshyShira said:

And how many of the relevant secondaries needed a riven?.....None.

Uh, a while back a twitter post SAID they were going to do something about rivens in the future so no one should have been surprised it actually happened. If you paid alot of plat on rivens knowing things will change eventually, then that's all on you.

Edited by iuki.

4 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

?? Why do you blame DE for your own bad commercial decision? They literally told you the deposition will be changing from day 1. "I demand the falling stock market to stop falling coz I put my money there!"

False equivalency. The stock market is controlled by many factors that are beyond any one person or entities control.

Rivens, and the riven market are controlled entirely by DE. A riven getting messed with isnt just some fluke that happens, it doesn't happen unless DE decides to do it on purpose.

Furthermore, I do not agree with the argument that anybody who bought a riven "should have known better" and deserves this "that's what you get for being dumb" mentality for giving DE their money.

Sure, people like you and I who read wikis and the forums know how its "supposed to work" but unless you started playing this game over 600 days ago you would have never seen anything anything about riven disposition mentioned in patch notes or explained in game. I dont think it's fair to expect players to go outside the game to get that information and even if it was we wouldn't be having this conversation if DE, through their inaction, allow it to be over 600 days since the last significant change.

And I dont think "create a market where a limited supply of extremely powerful, sought after, and therefore expensive shiny items exist for so long, then ruin those items after theyre bought, then blame the players who bought them for not knowing better." is a good look for digital extremes.

3 hours ago, iuki. said:

Uh, a while back a twitter post SAID they were going to do something about rivens in the future so no one should have been surprised it actually happened. If you paid alot of plat on rivens knowing things will change eventually, then that's all on you.

I'm sure every player in the game is following Steve on Twitter. .

24 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Furthermore, I do not agree with the argument that anybody who bought a riven "should have known better" and deserves this "that's what you get for being dumb" mentality for giving DE their money.

That's nice. Except for the minor fact that rivens, and weapons that use them, and the frames they're equipped on, were always "subject to change". 

You paid for something. You got what you paid for. You just perhaps didn't realise that what you thought you wanted, and what you were buying weren't exactly the same thing. 

Enjoy the riven. If it was good before, it's still good now. No it won't give you quite the same stats as before, but it'll still be better than all the other rivens it was always better than. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Sure, people like you and I who read wikis and the forums know how its "supposed to work" but unless you started playing this game over 600 days ago you would have never seen anything anything about riven disposition mentioned in patch notes or explained in game. I dont think it's fair to expect players to go outside the game to get that information and even if it was we wouldn't be having this conversation if DE, through their inaction, allow it to be over 600 days since the last significant change.

And it doesn't make these people sound less stupid for spending lots of money on something they don't know how it works. DE didn't break or change anything. Disposition is always supposed to be a changing variable. DE explained this in day 1. They are lucky to have this happen to them in a game coz it would have cost these guys thousands times more if the same thing happens to them in real life.

On top of that the disposition change is foreshadowed wayyyyyy ahead of the actual change by our devs on twitter too. You would expect an intelligent human being would try to spend less on something that's ought to be nerfed but nooooooooo.

Edited by Marvelous_A

The key is to not invest too much in them in the first place.  Expect that anything could get nerfed in the future.  Did some of my rivens get touched? Absolutely.  Did I spend a thousand or more on one or two? Yep.  But that was with in game earned plat from selling stuff I worked for so its doesn't hurt as much.  It's not as if you don't have a reason to be salty.  It's fair if you feel upset by the changes.  Just try to take careful consideration in your future purchases fellow Tenno.